Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

A few pics of my Granada Cossie 24v turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:22 PM
cossie24v

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as said the body kit is from a MK1 Mondeo which was the closest car in size to the Granada so the kit has had to be modified to fit that modification work has not yet been completed it has just been fitted to the car and has ben painted just so it is all one colour as I have a show season to do as I am the events organizer for the Granada 123 club and have no time to work on the car at the mo and I would not expect you to spray an unfinished car and the spoilers are there because I wish to be different yes they are not to every body's liking I am also a member of Granada and Scorpio online forum where the car has not had one bad comment there are a lot nice cars on this site which are all individual to the owner own idea's and I would not dream of critzing them for what they have done to there cars if I like them or not thats what they want to do to there cars its up to them and I think you have been far to over critical of something that is not finished and I do not have a workshop so its al being done on my drive and in my very small garage and Rome was not built in a day
Old 04-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Ginger Will
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I personally love Granadas, but think they are best left looking close to standard.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:35 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i havent even seen a granada on the road for a long long time tbh
Old 04-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right... i love the idea of the cossie turbo. But the rest of the car?? And there was me thinking you couldnt fuck up a scorpio But serieus. Like the engine loose the horrible body kit. Loose the chrome arches. And the rest...
Old 04-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by scottyrs
i havent even seen a granada on the road for a long long time tbh
Must be a reason for that
Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Originally Posted by Mr.T
Must be a reason for that
lmao
Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 PM
m4tt274
PassionFord Post Whore!!

could you not get RS option granada bodykits?
i saw one the other day for about 200 quid at a breakers yard and it looked really good. had like a smoothed front bumper with fogs and a sapphire type rear spoiler (y)
Old 04-07-2010, 08:08 PM
airbrushfx
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by cossie24v
the spoilers are there because I wish to be different
be different but not blind
Old 04-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by airbrushfx
be different but not blind

Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 PM
cossie24v

Hi yes you can and they are very few and far between now and as said I wished to be different as I have a Granada RS kit in the loft of my garage and as you say its worth Ł200+ I only paid Ł50 for the one on the car and as I said its about individuality everybody has their own idea's weather they are right or wrong and the body kit is being changed soon any way as the one on the car has been damaged which is why it also looks a mess at the mo and I could say I done like the mods on your cars but they are your idea's and you like what you have done to your cars and if I did not think the look worked then I would not have carried out the mod
Old 04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
jaymk1cossieestate2.1
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Last edited by jaymk1cossieestate2.1; 04-07-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:42 PM
kidsRS
"Ill check the stock"

Has the strut brace been modified with chequer plate?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:13 PM
24vcossiemat
no more Granada's for me

as said the body kit is from a MK1 Mondeo which was the closest car in size to the Granada so the kit has had to be modified to fit that modification work has not yet been completed it has just been fitted to the car and has ben painted just so it is all one colour as I have a show season to do as I am the events organizer for the Granada 123 club and have no time to work on the car at the mo and I would not expect you to spray an unfinished car and the spoilers are there because I wish to be different yes they are not to every body's liking I am also a member of Granada and Scorpio online forum where the car has not had one bad comment there are a lot nice cars on this site which are all individual to the owner own idea's and I would not dream of critzing them for what they have done to there cars if I like them or not thats what they want to do to there cars its up to them and I think you have been far to over critical of something that is not finished and I do not have a workshop so its al being done on my drive and in my very small garage and Rome was not built in a day
no offence fella I got thrown out of granada and scorpio online.. an i'm happy with that cus i had never met people like it.. it was so anal.. and every fucker was ranting about this granada being the dogs... are they mental. some people on here hate my granada but atleast I havent been to every car shop in the land and bought all the tat they can offer. and when I saw this granada i was in absolute histerics.. i'm ashamed to own a granada after seeing this mate.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 PM
24vcossiemat
no more Granada's for me

Originally Posted by Ginger Will
I personally love Granadas, but think they are best left looking close to standard.
agreed mate, lowered with i nice set of wheels.. job done
Old 04-07-2010, 09:16 PM
D16PJM

Originally Posted by 24vcossiemat
no offence fella I got thrown out of granada and scorpio online.. an i'm happy with that cus i had never met people like it.. it was so anal.. and every fucker was ranting about this granada being the dogs... are they mental. some people on here hate my granada but atleast I havent been to every car shop in the land and bought all the tat they can offer. and when I saw this granada i was in absolute histerics.. i'm ashamed to own a granada after seeing this mate.
sorry mate but how can you start that with no offence fella.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

my eyes my eyyyyyyyyes it burns it burrrnnnnsss!
saw it at the pod doing 18's thought it was something someone had thrown together for a laugh to destroy and dump it at the end of the weekend cant believe its actually
1. has a turbo!
2. is owned by someone who hasnt built it for a joke
im sorry for being harsh im not usually but that is the sort of car usually found on barryboys!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Ginger Will

Originally Posted by botters
my eyes my eyyyyyyyyes it burns it burrrnnnnsss!
saw it at the pod doing 18's thought it was something someone had thrown together for a laugh to destroy and dump it at the end of the weekend cant believe its actually
1. has a turbo!
2. is owned by someone who hasnt built it for a joke
im sorry for being harsh im not usually but that is the sort of car usually found on barryboys!
http://www.barryboys.co.uk/shedindex...order_type=ASC

Like these.....
Old 04-07-2010, 09:42 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginger Will
yep thems the badboys lol!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:49 PM
cossie24v

I don't quite know where the idea comes from that all the stuff on my car comes from every car shop in the land as it dose not and yes mat your car is very nice we have a Cossie just as good in the 123 club and I like it because its a mint Granada Cossie and its where the engine should be and long may it live as there are not many of them left as people keep breaking them for there engines to put in Sierra's and Capri's and loads of other Fords but for me a standard car is boring I drive for a living and see standard boring cars every day Granada and Scorpio online is not the only forum I am on I am also on Powered by Ford,Scorpio unleased,Your Ford,S2RS and Ford Sport and none of these sites have slagg my car off like you guys but I don't really care what you lot think I like my car and when its finished and painted properly I will like it even more and that's all I have to say so you lot can go to hell
Old 04-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Rob_DOHC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Fuck, just vommed on my keyboard.

Mate, if this is your taste in car style i would hate to image what your dress sense is like.... you want to do something different? slam it on comp mo's with some mental arches... job done.

Rob,

Last edited by Rob_DOHC; 04-07-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:55 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Not my cup of tea by a long shot, but imagine how fucking gutted you would be if that thing hands your arse to you
Old 04-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Ginger Will

I don't quite know where the idea comes from that all the stuff on my car comes from every car shop in the land as it dose not and yes mat your car is very nice we have a Cossie just as good in the 123 club and I like it because its a mint Granada Cossie and its where the engine should be and long may it live as there are not many of them left as people keep breaking them for there engines to put in Sierra's and Capri's and loads of other Fords but for me a standard car is boring I drive for a living and see standard boring cars every day Granada and Scorpio online is not the only forum I am on I am also on Powered by Ford,Scorpio unleased,Your Ford,S2RS and Ford Sport and none of these sites have slagg my car off like you guys but I don't really care what you lot think I like my car and when its finished and painted properly I will like it even more and that's all I have to say so you lot can go to hell
As I said earlier if you take a step back and like what you see, then you are in luck. However if you post up a car on a website, you will get a response. You are not however going to always get the response you might want.

I think that your car would benefit from the removal of the spoiler. Chunkier wheels; as I think the lightweight versions you have are out of proportion. I also think that you have put loads of badges on which are tacky. In my opinion.

That is my response. You may or may not like it. I am not bothered either way.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:06 PM
RickoG66
G66UES+D89XVX+R18FMCPilot

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I,ve got a granade do you want to see it in action ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szjfg...layer_embedded
Old 04-07-2010, 10:15 PM
cossie24v

Hi Wil yes mate to me thats constructive critizism thats something I can take as idea's can always be bundled about but some people on here are being dam right nasty and called my car a pile of shit how would they like it I did the same to them they would be offended and yes there cars I like on here and there are cars I don't like and Rob DOHC as for my dress sense happens to be very good
Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 PM
airbrushfx
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_DOHC
Fuck, just vommed on my keyboard.

Mate, if this is your taste in car style i would hate to image what your dress sense is like.... you want to do something different? slam it on comp mo's with some mental arches... job done.

Rob,

lol lol lol i spat out my drink when i read this too true
Old 05-07-2010, 01:34 PM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Picture of the owner please

I just want to confirm the image in my mind........
Old 05-07-2010, 01:58 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DaveEscos

Name:  27965_430341067428_519027428_550232.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  38.7 KB

Old 05-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Matt carter

I like it.

!! not !!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Frenchy0204
Get to tha choppa!

Originally Posted by wirralphil

Just like I thought. Middle aged bloke trying to make his Granada look like a sports car.

Twat.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:39 PM
m4tt274
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i dont understand how u can run an 18? a granada cosworth runs 16s? so add a turbo a manual box and 100kg worth of fiberglass and u loose 2 seconds?
my p100 thats un aerodynamic, 4x4 with a slipping viscuss, full tank and a standard engine bar a power chip and some other little tweeks runs a 15.
i dont much rate the top boss guy, id blame him!! ... lol
Old 05-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

bloody hell guys, you lot are horrible.

There are ways of saying things. He said WIP

Mate good project, just keep external subtle and concentrate on making it mint on the outside and powerful on the inside. Would make a nice car mate. Must sound good
Old 05-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Rob_DOHC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Mate you've been seriously demoted, enterprise to granada.... what happened?

Don't be too upset that people dont like your car fella...

and for the record i don't think your a twat as said above, i think thats a bit harsh, i just think your a bit misguided. I love the 24v cosworth lump, would probably go for a twin turbo setup in a sierra, but congratulations on giving it a go.

Rob,

Last edited by Rob_DOHC; 05-07-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Frenchy0204
Get to tha choppa!

Just spat my fucking drink everywhere.

Funny as fuck Rob.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:35 AM
ProjectBobcat
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Noones having a go at you because you havent finished the paint or its a work in progress, they are having a go because youve picked a godawful bodykit from a different car and tried to make a fit a car which it looks even worse on. Whats with all the badges?

Youve done a good job with the engine but please spend the rest of the time tidying up the wiring etc and not sticking on tat that doesnt compliment the car. I dont go to work in a suit wearing one pink frigging wellington with a pet hamster glued to the side, theres a reason for that. If youre going to think outside the box then you need to have some sort of an eye for it. Also as a designer that sticker font down the side of the car makes my eyes bleed and looks like it was done by a 5 yr old in MS word, seriously, if you must have stickers at least use the matching granada or ford type face.

Last edited by ProjectBobcat; 06-07-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:44 AM
retro d

This is abit harsh guys TBH, I do agrea that its not a good look but the engine has had some time put into it and I like that.
Dont like the body work one bit, and I think its best left as standard with suitable mods.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:53 AM
alanfordtw-15
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

im not going to add anything to whats already been said cos what im interested in is the engine and will give you the benifit of the doubt that its a wip.
what size turbo is it, any internal work done and what does it go like?
Old 06-07-2010, 01:31 PM
RAPID 3DR
Advanced PassionFord User

i love the wire that goes over the skuttle,nice touch or was that top boss work.i seen this at top boss's & i thought OMG,i bet fitz was even pising himself
Old 06-07-2010, 05:51 PM
m4tt274
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i cant imagine anyone who wouldnt
Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 PM
m4tt274
PassionFord Post Whore!!

actually, i feel abit harsh. ive spent many hours building my p100 and even though its not to everyones taste if there was a thread about it like this i would feel terrible. lets brighten the mood a little.
the badge on the engine is a good one
Old 06-07-2010, 06:20 PM
3drpete

Originally Posted by m4tt274
i dont understand how u can run an 18? a granada cosworth runs 16s? so add a turbo a manual box and 100kg worth of fiberglass and u loose 2 seconds?
my p100 thats un aerodynamic, 4x4 with a slipping viscuss, full tank and a standard engine bar a power chip and some other little tweeks runs a 15.
i dont much rate the top boss guy, id blame him!! ... lol
if ya dont rate (mr top boss) why was ya sat outside his unit kissing his arse not long ago at his open day lol

Quick Reply: A few pics of my Granada Cossie 24v turbo