Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Twin Turbo V8 1969 Ford Capri BLK-40T

Search this Thread

Old 20-11-2011, 01:06 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

awesome car
Old 20-11-2011, 08:22 PM
prasac
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stu21t
That looks mental.
Whats he doin with his left hand?
on the parachute lever getting ready to deploy it. cars running 140+mph here need to run a parachute.

thanks scoooby.
Old 21-11-2011, 03:47 AM
szabyk RST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Good progress, wonderful
Old 30-12-2011, 11:03 AM
prasac

Originally Posted by szabyk RST
Good progress, wonderful
thanks guys.

lil more updates

we put a new driver in the car, still on the pump fuel E85, this driver is also 100lbs lighter and has helped build the car since he was 3, so he deserved to have a run. been 4 years since he had driven the car and back then it was nowhere near as this fast. Elliot didnt disappoint. we thought he might be a little scared, how wrong were we
started him off on 21psi about 700rwhp, which is almost twice the power the Capri had when Elliot drove it with the 302W.

PASS 1: staged the car nicely. up on the 2-step, Elliot launches, having never raced a car with a transbrake before, he took his finger off the button and then off the pedal as well he jumped back onto it, crossed the line with an 11.5@152 when he got to the pits he couldn't believe the mph, he said it felt slow so he didnt pull the chute. ANDRA official came and told him he was going a lil too fast in the braking area

PASS 2: this was a much better pass, foot stayed on the pedal. the car was going for the wall but Elliot stayed into it and steered the car back over to the centreline. stopped the clock with an 8.73@156

we asked him if he wanted to turn the wick up now, he said he wanted 1 more clean run before we put in a couple more psi.

PASS 3: foot slips off the accelerator, gets back on it and rolls thru with a 10.9@152, he was not happy with himself.

PASS 4: still on 21psi. no brain malfunction or foot slippage, a nice str8 pass of 8.74@156

we get back to the pits Elliot is very happy, he can't believe how smooth and how easy the car is going down the track, he felt very comfortable. i asked him if he wanted me to put a couple more psi in he said yeah, put it on full boost 30psi

having only made 2 clean passes and running 2-sec and 30mph faster than he ever has, i asked him if he was sure. he said yeah, it was his call so i did as he wanted

PASS 5: before he was letting the other cars go then he was bringing the car up on boost, this time he decided to try and cut a light. went in, brought the car up on the 2-step nicely, lights come down and he is off like a rocket, car running straight as an arrow and crossing the line with a 8.28@166mph. that is a new PB using the pump E85.

PASS 6: last run of the night. brings it up nicely, i put an extra 1.5psi on the launch and it carries the tyre to around the 100ft mark, it 60'd the best of the night a 1.30. Elliot not being used to it carrying the tyre so far, had both hands on the wheel and was a little slow on the shift it just hit the limiter (8900rpm) it throws a bit of smoke out but keeps hammering along for a 8.29@165

was hard to believe just how good the car and Elliot performed tonight. noone thought Elliot would feel so comfortable so quick and go so fast in only a couple of passes. being 100lbs lighter than Joe we knew the car could go fast if Elliot could handle it. very consistent times for a first time driver as well, 8.73 & 8.74 on 21psi and the 8.28 & 8.29, i think it's testament to just how well the car is setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek3eoho4n5A

the day started out warm but the temp, air and track got alot better by late afternoon. the mission was to try and get Joe running as quick as Elliot (8.28@166) with the same tune but 112lb heavier car. we were fucking around with tyre pressures and the eBoost2 all night. the car would not 60' (1.33 best) for love or money, but, the combination of dropping the tyres from 12psi down to 11.5psi, 11.25psi and 11psi, Joe hitting his shift points perfectly and along with adjusting settings with the eBoost2 and nice cool air proved pretty good. Joe went from a previous 8.37@165 best to an 8.30@166. the best thing of the night though the car we got a MPH PB, went a 8.32@167.14 so we were pretty happy as we were still running the pump bowser United E85.

also the sticky track made for a very nice wheelstand they had just VHT'd the track even though we took 1psi off the launch, the thing just went up n up, i think Joe thought it would eventually come down but it wasnt the good thing was we quickly packed the chute had a fiddle with the eBoost2 we were back out in 10mins and ran the 8.30 PB overall we were extremely happy with the car and very impressed with a $1.10/L fuel can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0S8EfmLTZk

incar of the wheelstand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R14mD7_odUk

we also did a cruise home video, its boring but gives u an idea of how the car behaves when its just in cruise mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8Sx-Yqwc0
Old 30-12-2011, 11:28 AM
gouch1
Advanced PassionFord User

what a beast
Old 01-01-2012, 06:45 PM
prasac

Originally Posted by gouch1
what a beast