Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Merc Grey Fiesta RST - 3/5/10 SOLD!

Search this Thread

Old 19-06-2009, 06:08 PM
ram
Has a large member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

cheers mate
Old 19-06-2009, 06:42 PM
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fezzies gorgeous mate looks real good on the azevs especially in black and the centres missing nice touch,are they 16"s, might av to keep my eye out for some,nice toy
Old 19-06-2009, 07:35 PM
bad boy rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oi oi savoly cars looking sweet, when you down next think a passenger ride is in order

bmw you flash git
Old 21-06-2009, 07:58 PM
ram
Has a large member

jonny - yes mate theyre 16's, took me ages to find though as they seem to be only popular in 15 and 17 for fords unless you buy new. cheers i like them without caps as they got a flat face comp/speedline look about them although ive been having thoughts of going back to silver with polished lip and centres back on

rude boi - its off the road for a few weeks whilst i spray up the inside, get the exhaust system done etc. so im just flying around with the wind in my shaven hair at the mo
will be making a trip up with the missus soon, you gotta take me out in the cos
Old 21-06-2009, 08:16 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Love the BMW Cab

Just to let you know, when i had the car the rear tyres were perfect, they did not rub at all....even with 2 big lads in the back. It was running 235/35/19's but they had to be a certain make as they stertched slightl which sstopped it rubbing.....think they were avons.
Old 22-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fiesta looks tidy, keep it up.
Like the BMW, tidy
Old 25-06-2009, 10:32 PM
ram
Has a large member

fast rob - chers mate

tiff - yeh i did look at this pic and notice there was a a stretch on the rears before i had it..

have you got any pics that may show they were def avons? as i dont wanna risk fitting new tyres to find they dont cure it!

oh and i got all bufty on the arches last weekend, really is mint..

Old 18-08-2009, 02:24 PM
ram
Has a large member

Got a few bits done recently..

Gave it a clay bar session and used some new products on it. which removed the overspray on the bonnet and is now like glass

rubbed down all the inside..

and after 12 cans of halfords finest merc grey and laquer, this was the result..

made up a little carbon panel to cover fuel pump access

Bought an LSD S2 box, was pretty grubby..

So rubbed it back and got the rattle cans out again

Then it was mot time, failed on a few simple things, then went back for the retest and this happened on the brake tester..

passenger braided hose burst! so lucky this didn't happen on the road, was gonna do the 0-60 at ford fair that weekend so would have been straight into the barrier! so erm yeh, that mot was aborted and lost me Ł50

luckily i had just purchases some compbrake 4pots off luca for a bargain price, cheers mate (have u send my lines yet? )

ideally i need the expenseive bells and rotors to go with them but seeing as st170 discs are the same width and diameter i bought a pair off ebay for Ł45 and they fit fine
note the difference in size from the poxy standards

fitted some longer studs..

and got it all bolted up..

i then made up some azev decals at work to match the black and white theme

not much left to do now

will go for mot again later this month, then i can get R888's on. also waiting on my zoo adjustable rose jointed rear beam with mk3 golf rear discs and calipers (come on turboboss! ) cant wait to get rid the drums

gonna finish off the summer season at trax next month with a few 0-60's, then have a pod session to see what times i can get with the R888's. then i think im gonna sell it come winter time saph cossie time

cheeRS.

Last edited by ram; 18-08-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 18-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im sure ive seen that mk2 down my way?

The fiesta coming along nicely mate. Brakes and gearbox are very good upgrade
I guess Paul and Gary have got you converted into cossies Im also fighting the temptation for a 3dr.
Old 18-08-2009, 03:59 PM
bad boy rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

looking spot on mate, loving the inside aswell im looking into doing this to mine, how much is the mercury rattle ? is there loads of shades ?

thumbs up to the cossy idea any idea what you want yet ?
Old 18-08-2009, 06:23 PM
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

good luck with the times mate
Old 18-08-2009, 07:02 PM
ram
Has a large member

rob - wouldnt have thought so mate as that mk2 lives in surrey

Id love a 3door but cant afford a good one. would rather spend strong money on a saph. i ent been out in paul or garys yet in fact i've never even been taken out in a cossie before! just know ive always loved them, feel its time to stop throwing money at a fwd car that i'll never get back. at least with a saph i could still own it at 50years old and it would still be cool. plus after owning beemers i need a rwd hooligan car in the garage

paul - Not sure if they do all the different merc grey shades (think theres 6 in total!?) but the colour match was pretty much bang on cossie wise ill be going for a 2wd moonstone saph on white 18" rondells or revolutions.

crazycage - cheers pal will be happy with anything in the 13's. u gonna be at trax or any rwyb's anytime soon?

Last edited by ram; 18-08-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 19-08-2009, 07:46 PM
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im not going back the pod till central day but expect big improvements when i do lol.

what did you get the last time out??
were your gear changes good not hitting the limiter apart from 1st? what was your 60foot? and terminal speed?
Old 19-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Marney
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cracking looking Fez! Love the wheels on it, good choice and look stunning in black. Where did you get the carbon splitter or have I missed that?
Old 19-08-2009, 08:18 PM
rst-g
ZETEC TURBO

well smart fiesta !!
Old 23-08-2009, 12:45 AM
ram
Has a large member

crazycage - only got a 14.1 but with no lsd, fully inflated tyres, and only 4psi in first due to wastegate issues. lost my ticket now so cant remember what my 60ft was but terminal speed was averaging at 101-103 and my changes weren't bad.

marney - cheers mate. it was luca's old carbon splitter that i cut down to standard size. i never really got on with it though so ive returned to standard rubber splitter now.

rst-g - cheers mate, your fezzy looked great at ff
Old 23-08-2009, 08:28 AM
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ram
crazycage - only got a 14.1 but with no lsd, fully inflated tyres, and only 4psi in first due to wastegate issues. lost my ticket now so cant remember what my 60ft was but terminal speed was averaging at 101-103 and my changes weren't bad.

marney - cheers mate. it was luca's old carbon splitter that i cut down to standard size. i never really got on with it though so ive returned to standard rubber splitter now.

rst-g - cheers mate, your fezzy looked great at ff
its all about the first 60foot mate ,get that right and good gear changes ie shift before the limiter and you will defo be in the mid 13s i would say ,R888s and a lsd make a massive difference mate.
Old 23-08-2009, 09:15 PM
ram
Has a large member

Originally Posted by crazycage
its all about the first 60foot mate ,get that right and good gear changes ie shift before the limiter and you will defo be in the mid 13s i would say ,R888s and a lsd make a massive difference mate.
will find out next month
Old 06-10-2009, 09:35 PM
ram
Has a large member

Well its been a hard few weeks but i got her finished and mot'd on friday. then went down to shakeys on sunday to give it death..

fitted new rear konis, stripped all the waxoil off the inner arches, stonechipped and painted merc grey. fitted Rose jointed adjustable rear beam with mk3 golf rear calipers. new braided lines all round too. will take some proper pics of the set up nxt time its out the garage..

old beam off, safety first..

grant (RST cabbie on here) helping me with a averagely late session on the car. cheers pal ..

my mate simon welding the new outward rolled tip on the screamer pipe..

how i want screamer end to fit out the bumper (need the pipewrk extended slightly..

bought an rs4 spoke as i love being sat behind these wheels, but sadly it seems to be a capri boss or something, so back on ebay it goes!

and back on with my rs accesories one..

fitted the r888's and i loved the way they looked, was looking forward to trying them out on the strip but sadly the profile was waay to big, was rubbing every possible edge.

so off they came and back on with toyo proxes

fitted new gear box but turns out its a fucking non lsd too! i was informed that if you look through the shaft holes and can see straight through then its an lsd, but if theres a bar going accross then its a non lsd. fitted this one, but wen jacked up i can spin one wheel on its own freely so what am i supposed to see in the hole on an lsd gearbox?

had an awsome day out in the fezzy on sunday but got given a section 59 on the way back for booting it past a police car (didnt help the screamer out the bumper was pointing right at them ) and a Ł60 fine for the small number plate. if i get caught speeding again in the nxt 12months the RS gets taken off me on the spot and taken to the pound.
they thought we were running away from them so when they pulled us over they made us get out the car with our hands up and on the roof then searched me whilst telling me what a piece of shit i was. was concentrating more on not pissing my self laughing staring at grant on the other side of the roof

gonna get it on the rollers soon to see what power its making then a trip down the pod before the weather gets wank. then in a months its time to sell it for another form of turbo'd blue oval

lateRS for now

Last edited by ram; 06-10-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:54 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cool project mate, bad bit of luck with poice though
Old 07-10-2009, 06:03 AM
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

looks tough as with the r888's what size did you go for? as im planning sum for mine,are you selling cause of the feds or just a change, looks real good i like
Old 07-10-2009, 10:42 AM
ram
Has a large member

cheeRS for the comments

yeh bit of a shitter with the feds but not selling for that reason. just fancy a change as ive had this 3 and a half years and feel ive gone far enough with it. only thing left really is to up the power and start changing managment, injectors etc. and ive kinda had enough.

Im still staying with fords but if i fancy another longterm project id do a mk1 zetec turbo fezzy. But at the moment i fancy another red s2 like my old one or a saph cos b4t my mind changes everyday
Old 07-10-2009, 06:26 PM
bad boy rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

looking good mate alots changed, thing is youve gone this far with the fez i think youd be stupid not to carry on, why not go for some gotec or similar ? or you realy had enough
Old 07-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 118 Likes on 110 Posts

Love the look of this ,you would be mad to sell
Old 08-10-2009, 11:08 PM
ram
Has a large member

cheeRS chaps

Thing is i just cant warrant throwing anymore money at it, its hit its limit as far as selling as a whole and not losing too much money. however soon as i start putting on fancy management, expensive mapping etc. breaking it would be the only way come selling time. which i ent got the time to do. plus i think my hearts just not in it as much as it used to be. spent 2 weeks of late nights getting it ready for sundays trip to the strip, and driving it didnt give me as much of a buzz as it used to

so im guessing that means its time to move on?

paul i was thinking sunday if your about? its my turn to throw up outside your garage as il be out in watford town sat night, oceanas i think
Old 09-10-2009, 03:56 PM
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thats fair play mate,but you would only spend more in another think you need a change
Old 09-10-2009, 05:51 PM
rst cabbie
gingeRS cabriolet

no probs mate anytime . you've done me a big favor giving me your old gear box as mine spatt 2nd gear out . not sure about your jacking methods tho
Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 PM
ram
Has a large member

johnny - think im just done with mk3 fezzys now and fancy something different, still turbo'd and still blue oval tho

grant - you were there endorsing the jacking method did you see i left the clutch round by your back door? get it in and back on the road boy!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:03 AM
creator
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

where did you get that rear beam from mate?

danny
Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 AM
ram
Has a large member

Originally Posted by creator
where did you get that rear beam from mate?

danny
its a zoo motorsport beam mate but im afraid they been outta business for a few years now. bought mine second hand
Old 12-10-2009, 10:16 AM
creator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

O right mate no worries.wouldn't mind somerhing like that for mine.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:56 PM
rst cabbie
gingeRS cabriolet

top man for the clutch my mate let me down on fitting the gear box funny that help another mate and the others take affence nobs
Old 28-03-2010, 11:38 PM
ram
Has a large member

Right, lack of time due to a new job and what with the cabby and the new cos in the way ive been neglecting the fez but its had some love recently. managed to get myself a feature in Fast Ford mag so had to get a few bits tidied before the shoot. As usual il try keep it short as im tired and got a long week ahead..

Sanded down the wheels at work ready for a respray..

And they came up really fresh in gloss black considering its a rattle can job..

This is how the car was looking the evening before the shoot lol. had my work cut out..

The old 60mm springs were fitted back on as even though theyre bumpy to drive with, the ride height looks awsome.
Fitted the wheels back on once they were dry..

Buftied up inside the arches..

Painted the underside of the bonnet..

Got the bumper to sit right for the screamer pipe to poke..

painted and fitted my gloss black cam cover and had a general bufty of the bay ready for the shoot.

Next day i met up with one of FF's photographers Jon Hill who was a sound chap and certainly knew what he was doing. We found a good spot and got cracking..

We also did the moving car thing with all the kit attached and a few other things but i dont wanna disrespect Jon or the mag by showing too many pics. Also did a few mug shots non of which I was happy with
All in all it was an enjoyable day and A great sending off for my beloved fezzy.
She's up for sale as soon as i get time to write up an advert. So in the meantime feel free to pm me with serious offers.

lateRS for now

Last edited by ram; 28-03-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 28-03-2010, 11:52 PM
andy130
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks great mate
Old 28-03-2010, 11:55 PM
ram
Has a large member

Cheers pal
Old 29-03-2010, 12:46 AM
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well done on the feature
car looks great
Old 29-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Stolton
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking gooood Mate Nice Stuff
Old 29-03-2010, 10:47 AM
H7 CYA

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lovely car mate.. i look forward to seeing the feature!!
Old 29-03-2010, 11:44 AM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

looking very good
Old 29-03-2010, 12:14 PM
rickbartlett
G911 TTA

be sad to see it go mate,but onwards and upwards with the saff

Quick Reply: Merc Grey Fiesta RST - 3/5/10 SOLD!