Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

my little gti project

Search this Thread

Old 19-05-2007, 09:50 PM
munzygti
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my little gti project

well iv had this car for about 2 years and i think its about time i start to write a thread.

i traded in my old scorpio and £2600 for this tidy 5 door with 55,000 miles on the clock. now that i think about it wish searched abit more and got a better deal

this was the car as i bought it.

since then iv added a few things to the car. i prefer performance more then any thing else so i started with the engine.
1.8 zetec and performance dont really go together i know but being only 19 (just), inssurance was bit of an issue.

January lasy year i put the car on the rollers at PTS and it pumped out 143.3BHP but it was very cold and i think that helped a fair abit.

spec: k&n 57i
2.0 zetec throttle body
superchip
magnex cat back
decat (home made)

6 months later i binned the open cone for k&n apollo cis filter. its actually a very good filter. we tested it on the rolling road with and with out the filter and not a sinlge bit of power was lost.
i also put on a 4-2-1 manifold from ashley, 2.0 zetec cams and a uni chip.

took the car to engine advantages to put the cams and chip in and to have it set up.
paul worked his magic and managed to get 150.8BHP and this was in the blistering heat!

to be honest i wasnt happy with the result. having only gained 7BHP. but im hoping it should be pumping out a little more as the cams would have settled in etc.

at this point i needed to upgrade the brakes as the standerd 240mm set up is sh*t!
i went for 260mm RS2000 spec with goodridge braided lines, EBC turbo grooved discs and EBC greenstuff pads.

i have to say what an improvment. they are so much better. but when it comes to the point they need replacing im going to bin the whole set up in favour for 300mm hispec brakes. (maybe in a few months)

loads of other things have been done aswell.

more to come
Old 19-05-2007, 09:59 PM
t_studdrst
Part of the Furniture

very nice mate.

Trev
Old 20-05-2007, 02:44 AM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Not really feeling the lights, but nice otherwise mate.

What's the gearknob from?

Oh, and the power is very good for the mods, I don't think you could expect any more than that to be honest
Old 20-05-2007, 12:07 PM
GazzaG
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOVE IT MATE,

Lose the lexus lights tho
Old 20-05-2007, 06:56 PM
munzygti
Virgin

yeah i was thinking about getting rid of the rear lights. im in two minds about it. i like them at night but they do look chavy during the day.
but im not getting rid of the front lights.

the gear knowb is from a fiesta st.

iv now got some weitec GTN's on. i think its lowerd about 30 mm so i can still use it every day.

it went on quite easily i though. it took me the whole weekend to do it because of the rain but hey.

new lower arms and drop links went on at the same time and so far im impressed. at low speeds the ride is alittle bit of the firm side but im hoping it will deliver the goods on the track this year
Old 30-05-2007, 07:56 PM
munzygti
Virgin

well its been sitting on its new legs for the past few weeks now and im veery pleased with it. it was abit on the hard side at first but it sooned settled together and feels rather nice. still firm but its not ripping my spine apart. and it looks good too.

iv got myself a new engine to go in. its a 2.0 silver top zetec with approx 50,000.

got some stuff to go on aswell such as a new spoiler and front bumper. i just need to get them sprayed up.