Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

Im sorry, new car

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Ben26
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im sorry, new car

My New daily

Now all my previous cars especially my Fiesta RS were mint and under the bonnet so this engine and under bonnet make me sick and angry that someone could let it get to this state, it tells me alot about the previous owner, hopefully they werent to bad. cant wait to get stuck in and make the enginebay look like new again

The guy who owned it was called Paul Thompson of Bournemouth ? ring any names ???

Ive got a R/R pring out for 301bhp and receipts for uprated walbro pump and its runnign around 15psi
The advert also said it has anuprated ECU ?? to be the ecu looks standard but they could of kept the standard casing ?? or am i wrong? im now looking into this

I beleive the brakes and wheels are of a v6/v7 ???

Now the reason why i question the "uprated" ECU or "tweeked" ECU is due to the fact the MAS sensor isnt plugged in and hasnt got a plug ? someone told me that they do away with it when the ECU has been messed round with, anyone shed any light on this as i find this very strange,

But in the morning on cold start she is a bit **** and turns turns over with no life untill turn 5 or 6 just will splutter and stall again then will fireback up with another turn and be fine, when warm/hot she fires up first time

Ive seen on the downpipe someone has welded a lambda bung in so i have an innovate lm2 hand held that i think ill be pluming in soon to see what she is doing under boost

so what ya recon ???
Old 06-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:37 PM
rs old skool
BANNED
BANNED

looks ok matey but i have seen some mean looking ones around here lol
Old 06-12-2013, 11:32 PM
m4tt274
PassionFord Post Whore!!

seems a pretty crap daily, but would make an excellent toy!
depends how many miles you do i guess.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:26 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

What you need to do is take the ecu out, remove the 6 (i think) screws (3 either side) from the ecu casing and remove the lid. What you'll most likely find is a daughter board with an aftermarket chip, or just a chip itself which might have a label. If you look at this ebay listing, note the chip in the top right hand of the board with the sticker on it. If the ecu is stock, there will just be an empty 28pin socket or and empty 28pin soldered up part on the board.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-imp...item43c2c6deec

Eiter way, with the ecu chipped or not your air flow meter (I'm asuming you mean that) should be plugged in!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:56 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh, and the wheels are bugeye/blobeye sti wheels. Your brakes are nice, brembos off the bugeye/blobeye sti.

I'd be slightly concerned with he cold start issue, especially if it's fine when warm as this can be down to compression issues (valves burnt). But, first thing is to get to the bottom of why the maf isn't plugged in and I would not be thrashing it about. Let's just hope someone's not already killed it.

You can get aftermarket ecus for imprezas that do away with the MAF but yours looks std.

I wonder whether someone had a different ecu and has swapped it out to sell, hence the wideband boss. Just be careful driving it.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Korda
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Sounds like it's down on compression my old wrx sti was bad on cold start then fine when hot. Had a new engine hope yours is just down to cold start or plugs coilpacks give Alan Jeffery's a ring very good with subarus