Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

might as well drive petrol guzzlers

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 05:41 PM
tommytwotanks
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default might as well drive petrol guzzlers

The Daily Telegraph has learnt that government officials have begun private discussions with the motoring industry and drivers’ groups about an overhaul of the Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) rules that would see motorists face having to pay increased road tax as the Treasury considers plans to claw back hundreds of millions of pounds in revenue that will be lost as drivers opt for greener cars.

http://www.telegraph...s-guzzlers.html

We all knew something was coming, there is no way that anyone will get away with paying less to be on the roads. If you went and bought a greener car, you been conned.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Pissed me off hearing an interview with some female government minister over fuel companies have to pass on discounts to the consumer and the interviewer said "how much do you think they get out of a £60 tank of fuel in profit? £1:30. So shouldnt the government be passing on the discount as they get £35 of that £60?"

Load of crap!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:01 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

This country would be better ran by a group of apes.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15
This country would be better ran by a group of apes.
Pick the best of a bad bunch.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:40 PM
E980VTJ
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

copied from link above

I work every day, pay all my taxes, and proud to say I haven't claimed welfare benefit at all in all my life - not even a day. I abide by all laws, don't even go above the speed limit (really). I've got on in life and don't even have a credit card. For my social life I went out and treated myself to a £16,000 car - which I've done 1,000 miles in the past year as it sits in my driveway all week. But because of the way road tax is formulated I have to pay £460. £460! There's no justification for that. Even if (even if!) CO2 really did alter our climate, and even if we could somehow dial it back by reducing our CO2 emissions, then charging a yearly fee rather than a per mile one is a nonsense.
It's all a big scam, a big con, to get the motorist to pay by the back door for welfare, education and the NHS. Taxes should be raised by what they are spent on. If we need more money to pay for all the welfare benefits then it should come from income tax, not from motorists. Motorists should ONLY have to pay for what is spent on roads, infrastructure, the cost to the NHS of diesel emissions and so on. As it is, it has just become another tool, a cash cow to add to the pot. Now so-called 'green' ways will mean that revenue may drop, so the motorist will be hit in a different way to keep the income the same. It's nothing short of criminal.