Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

RSPCA clip for the Staffy lovers (nothing nasty in it.)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 12:57 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RSPCA clip for the Staffy lovers (nothing nasty in it.)

Just thought i'd share this YouTube clip with you. The dog shown throughout the clip is my dogs sister Bacon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t85JE1egncQ

Here's another clip for everyone that thinks they're monsters that will eat your kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFyD3KiGspU

Enjoy.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:56 AM
T666 FRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quality vids mate!! They are great dogs! My 2 are as silly as anything.

Sad to see the under fed one on the 1st vid! Don't have any idea how people can treat them like it. It's like starving your kid!

Need more promotional videos out there like this as they are great with the kids
Old 07-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Rsmat
300+
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

My families had staffs since I was a little kid... I've yet to see a bad one that's brought up right and looked after...

Quality videos pal... It's about time the real side to Staffis was advertised properly and not tarnished...

Well as much as I have tough skin the neglected dogs on the fist vid left me with a lump in my throat and sticky eyes.... Cruelty must stop!!!!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:30 AM
dawesy1700
JAPSCORT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive been waiting for another staffy thread, my mams just taken this one in, her owner (my mams best friends daughter) is dying of terminal cancer at only 26 and naturally didnt want the staff, known as Gin (the other dog was called Tonic) going into a kennel etc, and i have to admit i was one of the people who'd say "dont leave them types of dogs with kids etc etc" but i shall now hold my hands up and say i was soooo wrong, i've never encountered a more friendly, cuddly and daft dog, she's 4 years old and is also the most obedient dog i've met, and yes, she's amazing with kids, jus looks a little confused when my cuosins kids turn up cause i don't think she can understand why they're so small compared to the rest of us humans, haha. (also, just to be really sad, my mams set up a facebook page for her, ) haha, anyways, heres a few pics...
she's also like a ninja, jus sneaks up and sits and watches.

please note the lack of "child munching" going on, haha, if she has a human paying her attention then she's happy. (this is my cousins son)

also is rediculous when it comes to how many cuddles she wants (reminds me of a cat)

for some reason (probably my fat gut) she likes to sleep on me when we're watching films

this is my fave pic so far though, after a good run round the garden whilst we were finishing the garage we chilled to watch a film n she was asleep in 2 mins, haha.

daftest dog i have the pleasure of dog sitting,
Old 07-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Rsmat
300+

Awesome pictures mate... I'm very gutted for your mams daughter... Please send my regards.

What a sad day.. Today is slowly becoming..

Atvb Mat.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:57 AM
dawesy1700
JAPSCORT

it is a very sad story behind why my mam has her, made sadder by the fact it wasn't terminal when she 1st got the dog, (4 months ago) but has now spread, she also only got married a year or 2 ago and has a couple of young children, its a proper shit situation, i don't know her that well but i'm thinking of taking Gin to the funeral as her frineds n family obviously all know and love the dog and might be a bit of comfort for her kids. and ill pass your regards on too dude, cheers. im trying not to pull this thread into a downward spiral of sadness so on a lighter note, that little staffy has the hardest sounding bark ive heard in a long time, yet choses not to use it unless you tell her too, nor does she lick your face as she was brought up round kids, which is nice to get a cuddle and not covered in dog drool,
Old 07-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by dawesy1700
it is a very sad story behind why my mam has her, made sadder by the fact it wasn't terminal when she 1st got the dog, (4 months ago) but has now spread, she also only got married a year or 2 ago and has a couple of young children, its a proper shit situation, i don't know her that well but i'm thinking of taking Gin to the funeral as her frineds n family obviously all know and love the dog and might be a bit of comfort for her kids. and ill pass your regards on too dude, cheers. im trying not to pull this thread into a downward spiral of sadness so on a lighter note, that little staffy has the hardest sounding bark ive heard in a long time, yet choses not to use it unless you tell her too, nor does she lick your face as she was brought up round kids, which is nice to get a cuddle and not covered in dog drool,

Cheers pal....
Old 07-09-2011, 12:55 PM
PhilCook

We have a staff called Ziggy

She is our 2yr old bitch. Full of beans, and thinks she is a cat the way she lies on the top of the couch, in the window, watching the world go by.

We took her up to the lakes a few weeks back and she even walked up a mountain with us at Coniston!!

Old 07-09-2011, 02:49 PM
dawesy1700
JAPSCORT

you missed a trick there dude, all that muscle on a lovely dog, your heading up a mountain and the dog already has a harness.....just a thought but, lets say, if i was moving a mini from mine to my mams and had a staffy with a harness.....

Old 07-09-2011, 04:08 PM
PhilCook

PMSL. Thats awesome.

I keep saying I want to get some weight for her, build her a little more. Her shoulders dont seem as big as her thighs
Old 07-09-2011, 11:55 PM
dawesy1700
JAPSCORT

Originally Posted by PhilCook
PMSL. Thats awesome.

I keep saying I want to get some weight for her, build her a little more. Her shoulders dont seem as big as her thighs
my lass is exactly the same, its fine,
Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 AM
T666 FRS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Our 2. The tan beauty is only 4 and a half months old and our black staffy is exactly 3 years older.

Roxy (the tan one) is a staff/mastiff cross. She's going to be fookin huge
Old 08-09-2011, 01:16 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ive been waiting for another staffy thread, my mams just taken this one in, her owner (my mams best friends daughter) is dying of terminal cancer at only 26 and naturally didnt want the staff, known as Gin (the other dog was called Tonic) going into a kennel etc, and i have to admit i was one of the people who'd say "dont leave them types of dogs with kids etc etc" but i shall now hold my hands up and say i was soooo wrong, i've never encountered a more friendly, cuddly and daft dog, she's 4 years old and is also the most obedient dog i've met, and yes, she's amazing with kids, jus looks a little confused when my cuosins kids turn up cause i don't think she can understand why they're so small compared to the rest of us humans, haha. (also, just to be really sad, my mams set up a facebook page for her, ) haha, anyways, heres a few pics...
she's also like a ninja, jus sneaks up and sits and watches.

please note the lack of "child munching" going on, haha, if she has a human paying her attention then she's happy. (this is my cousins son)

also is rediculous when it comes to how many cuddles she wants (reminds me of a cat)

for some reason (probably my fat gut) she likes to sleep on me when we're watching films

this is my fave pic so far though, after a good run round the garden whilst we were finishing the garage we chilled to watch a film n she was asleep in 2 mins, haha.

daftest dog i have the pleasure of dog sitting,
She looks like a lovely dog with a smashing head on her. All credit to you for taking her in and giving her a good home, i hate hearing of dogs having to go in to re-homing centres as all to often they don't find the homes they deserve.
Sorry to hear of your mums friends daughter, at least she has very good friends to help her through this awful time.
We have a staff called Ziggy

She is our 2yr old bitch. Full of beans, and thinks she is a cat the way she lies on the top of the couch, in the window, watching the world go by.

We took her up to the lakes a few weeks back and she even walked up a mountain with us at Coniston!!
PMSL. Thats awesome.

She looks fine in your pictures mate, i think she has just settled at her normal build. If you try to put weight on her it will be spread all over her, not just on her shoulders. Personally i would rather see a Staffy that may have a light build but is in proportion rather than an unhealthy overweight little barrel. Do you have any more pics of her?
Glad you all liked the vids, feel free to add any similar clips showing Staffys in their true light.

Last edited by STAFFY OWNER; 08-09-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:19 AM
PhilCook

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Do you have any more pics of her?
Glad you all liked the vids, feel free to add any similar clips showing Staffys in their true light.
Yeah mate, got a few on my facebook, but can't access at work, grrrr

Also got a video of her on the field with our lass. She is a belting little dog, with such a great temprement
Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 AM
dawesy1700
JAPSCORT

i'll try and get a vid of my mams being an excitable dick like normal, haha.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:40 AM
2wd saff cos @ stage 3
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is a very sad story behind why my mam has her, made sadder by the fact it wasn't terminal when she 1st got the dog, (4 months ago) but has now spread, she also only got married a year or 2 ago and has a couple of young children, its a proper shit situation

very very sad to hear this, such a young age, and she has a family,
best wishes to her, her family and friends
Old 08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
mynew2
Regular Contributor

Two great vids there the 1st one with the missed treated dogs left me with a tear in my eye hate seeing any dog mistreated,

i have two they are very hyper and two of the most loving dogs i have ever had would not change them for anything, i also have a 8 month old baby and never had any problems with either of them, they are very protective when he starts crying they come and find us jumping up and down until we go and see what is wrong with him lol couple of pics as you can tell my the first and second pic they are ready to attack any one (pair of lazy gits)

Old 08-09-2011, 11:56 AM
gary fraser
PassionFord Regular

Loves staffies I have got a 2 year old male, best dog I have ever had, I got 5 kids the oldest being 7 and the youngest is only 6 months old, and the dog just loves them he is never far from them when their out playin proper babysitter lol
Old 08-09-2011, 05:19 PM
PhilCook

Few more pics here of Ziggy

"go on, let me have it"

"Pleeeease. I promise to be good"

"Go on, you know you want to give it me"

"OM NOM NOIMN NOM GRRRR"

and look, thinks she is a bloody cat

and last but not least, a little vid of her playing fetch

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nayELm2E7JU
Old 09-09-2011, 07:16 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

love these sorts of threads, i so want a staffy but work so many hours i cant bring myself to get one and leave it all day, my folks retire soon so im hoping fingers crossed they'll dog sit for me, also a friend of mine is a dog walker so could always pay her to take him/her out...

really cant decide if i should get a pup or rehome one....

pup - can train yourself

rehome - maybe set in there ways, and problematic, but there are SO MANY that need and deserve good homes..

what are your views guys?
Old 09-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by peteh
love these sorts of threads, i so want a staffy but work so many hours i cant bring myself to get one and leave it all day, my folks retire soon so im hoping fingers crossed they'll dog sit for me, also a friend of mine is a dog walker so could always pay her to take him/her out...

really cant decide if i should get a pup or rehome one....

pup - can train yourself

rehome - maybe set in there ways, and problematic, but there are SO MANY that need and deserve good homes..

what are your views guys?
IMO don't get a pup, if you are going to rely on your retired folks then they don't want to be running around after a pup with it chewing, bouncing about, pissing, shitting, bouncing about in its own shit and piss plus the level of excitement they have. Not fair on them. if you want one you have to commit to one I'm afraid.

Rehoming, a very good option! Yes may have problems but if it is a visious problem then doubtful they would be there for rehoming. Same rule applies with any pet and rehomed pet, never leave them alone with kids.

If you have the time then rehome a pup if you want to make it yours but the reward for rehoming any dog is amazing!

Staffy, Love the vids pal! Will share these on my facebook!

Year ago when i was about 9 or 10, I still remember my mums mates staffy, used to follow me every where, and i mean every where. such an amazing and rewarding breed!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:11 PM
mynew2
Regular Contributor

Some more of my vicious breed (sorry about the ugly mug)

the tan one is nearly 4 and the black one is about 3 and a half

I am asleep

Great you just woke me up

As so many people have said the are a greet breed with adults and kids glad we have them
Old 11-09-2011, 12:01 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Here's some pics of my boy Dempsey. He will be 5 in October and gets treated like Lord Muck but i wouldn't be without him, he's as soft as anything and hasn't got a nasty bone in his body.

Saying Hi to the rabbit.

Unfortunately he was just about to bark on this one as i was taking so long to take his picture.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Fraggle...
On a tangent

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Old 12-09-2011, 12:33 PM
PhilCook

Do you guys that just run a collar not find that they pull too hard on it?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:50 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Do you guys that just run a collar not find that they pull too hard on it?
Mine has phases where occasionally he will pull slightly so i put him on his harness and this usually calms him down. When he has got back in to the routine of walking without pulling i then put him back on his collar and he is fine.
Does yours pull when she is on a collar then? How does she walk on her harness?