Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

My track day vid kit car (not ford) BUT WORTH WATCHING!!

Search this Thread

Old 19-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Bi22le
RAW Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My track day vid kit car (not ford) BUT WORTH WATCHING!!

Hi all,

I use this site becasue some of my mates do and becasue I have alot of ford parts on my car. I also love fords and this is the ONLY Ford site to frequent!

Any ways I did a track day at the begining of this month and have made a vid.

Check it out, watch it all though, its a fun packed session!

Any comments welcome!

Bi22le

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmGdM-L0gP4

Last edited by Bi22le; 21-05-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: random boxes keep apearing in the post, keep appearing!!!
Old 19-05-2011, 12:37 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Got any pics/spec of the car? See you're in Crayford too, 5mins from me
Old 19-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Matt carter
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

cool vid..

what engine.
Old 21-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Bi22le
RAW Power

Thanks for the feedback. Passion ford is a strange forum because it does not post my link to you tube but shows just the vid. Due to this you guys cant access the info part on you tube. I have cut and paste below.

Regarding any ford parts. I have mk3 Cortina front uprights (these are commonly used because they have a good geometry set up), Sierra steering, gearbox, diff, rear brakes. I also have other little bits like Puma side repeater lenses.

From You tube:

The car is a RAW Striker kit car made in the UK. It has a Toyota 1.6 20V engine producing 150bhp at the fly and about the same again in torque. The engine is from the AE111 Toyota Levin with only an aftermarket ECU and lightened fly wheel for modifications.

Just for reference the left large dial is the speedo, at 12o'clock its 75mph and 90mph is at about 1o'clock. I hit about 115mph down the main straight. The right dial is the rev gauge, 7K is at about 3o'clock and it will rev over 8K to the rev limiter if asked!

I have not been in this car around brands before this track day but I have been around brands before and this car has been around Lydden Hill with me at the wheel. The car ran pretty faultlessly all day, which is to be expected. By the end of the day I did feel that the geometry and suspension need checking and adjusting as the car did not feel right and the tyre wear is far to uneven. Once the changes have been made to the car and I get more experienced I think I could shave some serious amount of time off.

This video was shot in one continuous session but was edited to fit on Youtube. The original length was 21 mins which is still an overtaking manoeuvre per minute!

Please take a look at some of my other vids. One of them includes when I first drove an MGB GT, I have never driven an old car and its quite painful \ funny to watch!!

Regards,

Bi22le
Old 21-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Nice little car.t seems to go very well too.