Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

2003 Mondeo ST220

Search this Thread

Old 21-01-2013, 06:15 PM
MGTurbo
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by st220kyle
nice tidy looking car, what do you use to clean it?
also are those suspension top covers in the engine pay pic a genuine part? ive never seen those before
All pre-2003 Mondeos had strut top covers, deleted to save a few quid, which is all they are! They also deleted the rubber along the front of the slam panel, which mine still has, although removing it may have a little with getting some airflow into the engine bay.

I mainly use Autosmart stuff, G101, Ali Shine for the wheels, Tyre Dandy for a quick job or Highstyle with a brush, normally AG SRP for interim polishing and AG Aquawax between polish to keep the water beading. Interior I use Bio Brisk as the kids like spilling drinks, dash dandy for lower plastic trim without leaving it sticky and a bit of bubblegum silicone spray around the door rubbers and sills to stop them getting scratched up. Its a very easy car to keep clean, paintwork is quite tough with minimal swirling in normal washing, one of the advantages of silver!

It was hard work keeping it clean for the photoshoot done on Saturday evening as it was below freezing, roads were slushy and heavily gritted, so I did ok!

Last edited by MGTurbo; 21-01-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 21-01-2013, 07:02 PM
atm
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The 04 onward cars don't have ther rusty door problems either do they!

Might go looking for another now lol, fancy a saloon next..

The standard wheels look ace when they're not in diamond cut and corrosion finish..
Old 21-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Really nice car mate!

I keep looking at these to buy but I've got my heart set on an M5 at some stage so got to save up the pennies!
Old 21-01-2013, 07:12 PM
corkers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really like this and it sounds awesome!
Old 21-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Cossie Sean
big floppy donkey dick

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like these a LOT

my mate bought an ex demo one when it was 6wks old, trading in his ST200 for it.

such a fast car, very understated!

sounds the bolocks too
Old 21-01-2013, 10:31 PM
MGTurbo

A pull away video to hear it under load. Quite happy with it!

Old 21-01-2013, 11:05 PM
atm

Thought about getting a diff fitted?
Old 22-01-2013, 06:36 AM
MGTurbo

Originally Posted by atm
Thought about getting a diff fitted?
Not really, it was minus 1 when I did that video , so a bit of scrabble is to be expected . Never had an issue round track either, unlike something turbocharged and FWD.

Last edited by MGTurbo; 22-01-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 22-01-2013, 07:34 PM
st220kyle
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by atm
The 04 onward cars don't have ther rusty door problems either do they!

Might go looking for another now lol, fancy a saloon next..

The standard wheels look ace when they're not in diamond cut and corrosion finish..
mines 04 and has some corrosion starting on both rear doors which im gutted about. ive done everything to makesure it wouldnt happen but there you go.
what was diferent on the later cars to stop this happening then? as when it gets worse i will be after a pair of blue doors.
Old 22-01-2013, 07:50 PM
MGTurbo

mines 04 and has some corrosion starting on both rear doors which im gutted about. ive done everything to makesure it wouldnt happen but there you go.
what was diferent on the later cars to stop this happening then? as when it gets worse i will be after a pair of blue doors.
The seam sealer was different, for some reason it didnt bond properly from the factory, mine is the age affected but i've always kept it clean and greased it regular and its not got any worse, the cure is to strip it off, wire cup brush to metal, prime and re-seal , then paint.. I havent got round to it yet, but it only affects the external overlap of the door skin and not the frame.
Old 22-01-2013, 07:50 PM
st220kyle

Originally Posted by MGTurbo
All pre-2003 Mondeos had strut top covers, deleted to save a few quid, which is all they are! They also deleted the rubber along the front of the slam panel, which mine still has, although removing it may have a little with getting some airflow into the engine bay.

I mainly use Autosmart stuff, G101, Ali Shine for the wheels, Tyre Dandy for a quick job or Highstyle with a brush, normally AG SRP for interim polishing and AG Aquawax between polish to keep the water beading. Interior I use Bio Brisk as the kids like spilling drinks, dash dandy for lower plastic trim without leaving it sticky and a bit of bubblegum silicone spray around the door rubbers and sills to stop them getting scratched up. Its a very easy car to keep clean, paintwork is quite tough with minimal swirling in normal washing, one of the advantages of silver!

It was hard work keeping it clean for the photoshoot done on Saturday evening as it was below freezing, roads were slushy and heavily gritted, so I did ok!
never knew that, mines still got the rubber along the slam panel,
what about your wheels? they cant be originals surely,
thats all that lets mine down really apart from the rear doors i mentioned, cant really warrant replacing/refurbing the wheels at the moment just for them to slowly go back to how they are now but will do eventually.
Old 22-01-2013, 07:56 PM
MGTurbo

never knew that, mines still got the rubber along the slam panel,
what about your wheels? they cant be originals surely,
thats all that lets mine down really apart from the rear doors i mentioned, cant really warrant replacing/refurbing the wheels at the moment just for them to slowly go back to how they are now but will do eventually.
I refurbished them in bright silver, not a problem for me as its my profession. They dont corrode after if done properly.
Old 22-01-2013, 08:05 PM
st220kyle

ah so yours are painted silver and not just the usual diamond cut and laquer? they look good in the pics.
Old 22-01-2013, 08:52 PM
MGTurbo

ah so yours are painted silver and not just the usual diamond cut and laquer? they look good in the pics.
Yes, a plain fine silver with lots of sparkle over the top for effect.
Old 22-01-2013, 11:08 PM
atm

Never heard of an 04 rusting before!
Is it a facelift 04? (New dash trim, 6 speed and clear indicator rear lights?)
Old 23-01-2013, 07:15 AM
MGTurbo

Originally Posted by atm
Never heard of an 04 rusting before!
Is it a facelift 04? (New dash trim, 6 speed and clear indicator rear lights?)
Its common for any car to rust if its had replacement door skins, so its possible it may have been involved in a previous accident. I would be able to tell just by looking at the seam sealer.
Old 23-01-2013, 01:17 PM
st220kyle

<p>
Originally Posted by atm
Never heard of an 04 rusting before!</p>
<p>Is it a facelift 04? (New dash trim, 6 speed and clear indicator rear lights?)
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>its a six speed with new dash trim, same rear lights as the car in this thread, also it doesn't have any exterior chrome on bumpers or doors like the newer ones have, its bugging me now you guys are saying its uncommon on an 04,</p>

Last edited by st220kyle; 23-01-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 23-01-2013, 01:27 PM
st220kyle

Originally Posted by MGTurbo
Its common for any car to rust if its had replacement door skins, so its possible it may have been involved in a previous accident. I would be able to tell just by looking at the seam sealer.
I've had it nearly four years and its about six months ago I noticed it, im pretty sure its never been in an accident, its weird its in the same place on both rear doors, when I've got a chance i might pop a picture up then, its garaged at all times and only gets used a few times each month if im lucky so it doesn't get the weather on it much, i do like to keep on top of things as I've got no intention of selling it.
Old 23-01-2013, 02:21 PM
atm

I've had it nearly four years and its about six months ago I noticed it, im pretty sure its never been in an accident, its weird its in the same place on both rear doors, when I've got a chance i might pop a picture up then, its garaged at all times and only gets used a few times each month if im lucky so it doesn't get the weather on it much, i do like to keep on top of things as I've got no intention of selling it.
I doubt its had both rear doors replaced/ reskinned tbh. It may be an early 04 before they sorted the problem, Or it may just be that they'll all rot eventually..

But either way its easily sorted, or if you change doors just get them as new a car as poss..

I hate all the chrome that came on the later ones!
Old 23-01-2013, 03:45 PM
st220kyle

The thing that bothers me most about the later ones is that the road tax is something like Ł450 per year!
I like the grills but not sure about all that around the windows,
im no paint sprayer so my best bet would be to look for a pair of doors I think,
Old 23-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Sounds really well in the vid.