Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

Photoshop my BM a carbon roof pleeease?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 02:35 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Photoshop my BM a carbon roof pleeease?

Undecided if it will go with the blue, but getting black grills fitted and the wheels have a dark insert so maybee...

sorry for the poor pic, only one I have with a bit of roof showing.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:30 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Will look dog shit IMO, these days you're too classy for chav mods like this DavieC.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 08-02-2011, 06:52 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Thats what I thought Grant, but I wanted to do something with it, but it's hard to do anything with Bm's imo as it just looks tacky/shite....so short of putting different wheels on it, but I quite like the ones on it.

Going to get the black grills, as they are a BM genuine part, and the std grills currently on it are the only bit of chrome on the car, so the new ones will match the black shadowline round the windows/mirrors.

how it used to look:
Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 PM
russellsmith
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont it will look shit davie!

the car looks nice as it is,i'd just leave it mate
Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Awright Russell, hows things mate?

aye you's are right, if it was white it would prob work alright.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Frenchy0204
Get to tha choppa!

Just a little idea, have you thought about getting the details wrapped in CF instead of whole panels? Granted, the newer 3-series don't have many small details, but I think if you wrapped things like the Shark Fin antenna, Kidney Grills etc, then it could look really smart.

BTW, if you DO decide to get parts wrapped, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get them lacquered. It will look more realistic then.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:21 AM
rik-rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 137 Likes on 118 Posts

not that good

Trending Topics

Old 09-02-2011, 09:13 AM
russellsmith

Originally Posted by vroooom ptssssh
Awright Russell, hows things mate?

aye you's are right, if it was white it would prob work alright.
aye am fine bud,hope everything's cool way you too

i like the colour it is,see far too many white cars now
Old 09-02-2011, 12:50 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Black grills are a great addition. ...TBH I really like it on those older wheels too, just so happens, I know of a mint set which I could get the owner to do a straight swap with the ones you've got just now too mate.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 09-02-2011, 01:35 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Originally Posted by Frenchy0204
Just a little idea, have you thought about getting the details wrapped in CF instead of whole panels? Granted, the newer 3-series don't have many small details, but I think if you wrapped things like the Shark Fin antenna, Kidney Grills etc, then it could look really smart.

BTW, if you DO decide to get parts wrapped, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get them lacquered. It will look more realistic then.
I mean vinyl wrap not the real carbon wrap. as you say not many things to wrap on it, think i'll jus get the black grills, maybe the darker rear lights.

rik-rs, good effort, should have saw the one I tried

Originally Posted by russellsmith
aye am fine bud,hope everything's cool way you too

i like the colour it is,see far too many white cars now
Aye all good here too mate

Yea, I always wanted a white one with red leather but thought this one was a bit different!

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Black grills are a great addition. ...TBH I really like it on those older wheels too, just so happens, I know of a mint set which I could get the owner to do a straight swap with the ones you've got just now too mate.

Cheers,
Grant
I bet he would nah deffo wouldn't swap back...got them put on as I like them better than the 225's, don't see many about with them.

Last edited by vroooom ptssssh; 09-02-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:57 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

I bet he would nah deffo wouldn't swap back...got them put on as I like them better than the 225's, don't see many about with them.
Well it would have been on my old dear's car mate.. haha, she wouldn't really have given a toss and as you know it wouldn't have been of any real benefit to me in my current situation, but your wheels would just be a whole shitload easier to clean than hers.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 09-02-2011, 03:30 PM
JokerDisco

posted mine up a couple of days ago. p
carbon roof, kidney grille and all badges
Satin black CSL's
Just need mirrors and diffuser done now but dont have the cash
Crap iphone pics

Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Well it would have been on my old dear's car mate.. haha, she wouldn't really have given a toss and as you know it wouldn't have been of any real benefit to me in my current situation, but your wheels would just be a whole shitload easier to clean than hers.

Cheers,
Grant

lol, knew there was some alterior motive behind the "I like it on the other wheel's better" the 255's have a habbit of cracking also.

mine are still a bit of a fucker to clean believe it or not, as you can see right in behind them you need to clean the whole fucking wheel, and as they are diamond cut, if they get chipped they'll be fucked a lot easier than a powder coated wheel

JokerDisco, Looks good, grills look right tricky, these vinyl wrap guys are good, the finish on the edges is where it would fuck me if I was doing it myself, would like to give it a go. Is that lowered too I take it?
Old 10-02-2011, 06:02 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

mine are still a bit of a fucker to clean believe it or not, as you can see right in behind them you need to clean the whole fucking wheel, and as they are diamond cut, if they get chipped they'll be fucked a lot easier than a powder coated wheel
get some autobrite very cherry to clean them and then seal them with poorboys wheel sealant mate,the dirt and brake dust will just wash off easy.wheels dont look to hard to clean and seal.my leggs were a cunt to clean until i sealed them and now it washes off easy

Last edited by JamboRS; 10-02-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:46 AM
JokerDisco

lol, knew there was some alterior motive behind the "I like it on the other wheel's better" the 255's have a habbit of cracking also.

JokerDisco, Looks good, grills look right tricky, these vinyl wrap guys are good, the finish on the edges is where it would fuck me if I was doing it myself, would like to give it a go. Is that lowered too I take it?

The guys did a fantastic job around the edges - especially the grille. Very intricate.

Its not lowered but its the M Sport which has different suspension plus them CSL's are 19
Old 12-02-2011, 12:20 AM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Originally Posted by JamboRS
get some autobrite very cherry to clean them and then seal them with poorboys wheel sealant mate,the dirt and brake dust will just wash off easy.wheels dont look to hard to clean and seal.my leggs were a cunt to clean until i sealed them and now it washes off easy
Awright Jamie, I'll try the autobrite stuff. Sealed them once when I got it with the poorboys stuff, but didn't take the wheels off to do it, noticed a big difference on how easy the were to clean once sealed, once weather clears up going to take all 4 off and give them a proper clean, had to clay some of them the other day to get some tar off as the sealant's worn off. Suppose to your wheels they are a doddle! lol.

JockerDisco - Ah cool, yea these wrapping guys must have some patience! looks a nice moter anyway