Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

Mclaren F1 at my work today

Search this Thread

Old 28-09-2009, 10:35 PM
russellsmith
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the orange murci must be a demo car doing the rounds at the dealerships,i seen it the other day outside the lambo showroom in edinburgh

had a few chips and scratches on the quarter panel and front wing
Old 29-09-2009, 05:33 PM
xrmalin
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it is the press car i was watching an old top gear on dave the other day that had the lambo on so i checked the reg against my pictures and they were the same
Old 01-10-2009, 08:43 PM
dreamin
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im SURE i see that chrome lambo givin it some in upminster couple a weeks ago , plate was different but there cant be that many about with black alloys too !!
Old 14-02-2010, 02:57 AM
petey.
Advanced PassionFord User

sorry to bump this, but i just found this and had to laugh :blub:

http://sgdc.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2674

Just go and read their comments. Such idiots really. They are talking about how it looks ugly with those blue tapes and all. They are blind or ignorant to see the big label XP5 on the car. I was just looking through and when I saw that label I was like OMFG~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14-02-2010, 07:27 AM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol dopey little fucks lol
Old 14-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the tape is there to purely protect the panels from chips at speed. Especially if they are having multiple cars going fast down brunters, as the last few times I was there, the runway/track had quite a few stones on it.

It looks a rather little too conveniently placed for anything but extremities and leading edge protection

RW
Old 14-02-2010, 09:20 AM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
I think the tape is there to purely protect the panels from chips at speed.
Of course it is, and if it was my car, I would prob have it the same way, but it still looks shit in the tape.
Old 14-02-2010, 10:25 AM
focusjames
life is good

very nice mate great pics
Old 14-02-2010, 12:56 PM
xrmalin
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tape was on there to protect the paint i spoke to the bloke that was driveing it he was there for 3 days just driveing round the track untill he ran out of fuel, went and got more fuel from the pumps on site and back to driveing round the track again. The best part he was employed by the owner of the car to do just that drive it round for 3 days because he didnt have the time
Old 14-02-2010, 09:05 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Interesting...

Prototypes

Prior to the sale of the first McLaren F1s, five prototypes were built, all carrying the numbers XP1 through XP5.[29] These cars carried minor subtle differences between each other as well as between the production road cars. XP1 was the first publicly unveiled car, and later destroyed in the accident in Namibia. XP2 was used for crash testing and also destroyed. Neither were ever painted. XP3 did durability testing, XP4 stress tested the gearbox system and XP5 was a publicity car, all owned by McLaren; they were also used for publicity shots and tested by reporters.[29] All were painted a different colour, and each was able to be distinguished by their chassis code painted on the side rocker panel. XP4 was seen by many viewers of Top Gear when reviewed by Tiff Needell in the mid 1990s, while XP5 went on to be used in McLaren's famous top speed run.
Old 14-02-2010, 09:14 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

A few cars I see round Mayfair where I work...

C63 AMG

I see so many of these cars its stupid.

The Chrome Lambo and the GTR are awesome thou
Old 17-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by xrmalin
The tape was on there to protect the paint i spoke to the bloke that was driveing it he was there for 3 days just driveing round the track untill he ran out of fuel, went and got more fuel from the pumps on site and back to driveing round the track again. The best part he was employed by the owner of the car to do just that drive it round for 3 days because he didnt have the time

Hmmmm. Given that XP5 is still owned by McLaren I guess the guy driving it was driving it for the owner. But more as an employee I would think. As above, that's the actual car that did the 240mph run.

Oh, and the blue tape is just common or garden 3M blue masking tape. They use that stuff like it's going out of fashion! So wasteful! You'd think they'd invent something reusable!
Old 19-02-2010, 08:44 PM
joe s
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

The F1 is such a good looking car. There is one down the road in Ditchling hidden in a massive house with big iron gates. Think it had TP1 as the plate. One of my customers was involved with the design and marketing of the F1. He's also good friends with Mr Koenigsegg. Bastid!!!
Old 20-02-2010, 04:11 AM
jimmie298
BANNED
BANNED

I love sports car,but Mclaren is one of my dream car.I always think of to ride once.This dream car is now in my workshop for a servicing.When it entered i look it for constant 10 min.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:26 AM
problematic
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by Rich_w
Hmmmm. Given that XP5 is still owned by McLaren I guess the guy driving it was driving it for the owner. But more as an employee I would think. As above, that's the actual car that did the 240mph run.

Oh, and the blue tape is just common or garden 3M blue masking tape. They use that stuff like it's going out of fashion! So wasteful! You'd think they'd invent something reusable!
they removed the K8 MCL registration and its now no longer at the paragon so make of that what you will

Originally Posted by joe s
The F1 is such a good looking car. There is one down the road in Ditchling hidden in a massive house with big iron gates. Think it had TP1 as the plate. One of my customers was involved with the design and marketing of the F1. He's also good friends with Mr Koenigsegg. Bastid!!!
TP1 doesnt show as registered to any car. Do you have any pictures of the vehicle or further details i.e. colour and interior? wheels?