Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

My MK3.5 Fiesta used to be a 1.1 *PICS OF NEW ENGINE ADDED*

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 05:49 PM
E4MK3
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My MK3.5 Fiesta used to be a 1.1 *PICS OF NEW ENGINE ADDED*

Hi everyone im new here so i just thought id say hello and show you quiuckly what ive been up to. some of you might recognise me from Fiestaturbo.com.

I got the car as a standard 1.1 for my first car after my sister had finished with it...and it looked like this:

Then i got to work fitting clear rear lights, clear side repeaters, an exhaust back box etc, all the little bits and bobs because i couldnt afford much at the time.

After that i bought some second hand Si bumpers and got to work reconditioning them and building a number plate recess.

Don't panic, its marine ply wood.

You get the idea lol, then it was just various layers of body filler, alot of rubbing down and alot of layers of paint until it ended up looking like this:

I then needed to fill the recess in the boot.. My boss gave me his old welder and i thought it cant be that hard lol...i welded the plate over the recess and delocked the boot at the same time, it was around this time i thought it was pretty necessary to fit a boot release i fitted central locking at the same time. It ended up working out really well, i made sure it was all secure and again started building up layers of filler and paint etc.

[img]http://www.picturepuppy.com/images/e4fiesta/spray005small.jpg
[/img]

This really finished off the rear of the car along with a Rst spoiler.

I then saved up the money and bought myself some 15" modeo alloys with 195/45/15 yoko tyres. Drums and callipers were painted white.

I ditched the M3 wingmirrors after realising how lame they were lol. bit of a "school boy error" so to speak.
And carried on the lower the car by 30mm and fit the original Mk3.5 mirrors back on, with a new lease of life from a like of paint.

Si interior was fitted..

And that is pretty much how it stands today styling wise.

Over christmas and new years i plucked up the courage to do my own engine swap and got to work putting in the 1.6 zetec lump from the Si i bought as a donor car for its interior etc,

A week later i had fitted the suspension, brakes, anti-roll bar and the engine from the si. I couldnt leave it standard that would just be boring lol, a K&n induction kit was fitted along with stage 1 sports injectors from ford and a piggy back type chip which connects to the IAT sensor. The engine was also given a good overhaul replacing gaskets, fitting plugs, oil filter..etc etc.

I was well chuffed when i turnt the key and it started up fine, its been running fantastically so far... I'll get some pics up of it soon .

Thanks for looking, comments welcome!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:04 PM
NICK321RS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

cool needs lowering tho 60mm drop they handle the nuts
Old 05-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Fastas
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Nice
Old 06-01-2007, 01:00 AM
RST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

looks
wat part of chingford u frm mate
Old 06-01-2007, 08:12 AM
E4MK3
Virgin

Thanks alot guys

Originally Posted by NICK321RS
I will be lowering it again! Just had to swap the suspension over from the other car to carry the wait of the engine etc.
Nick your car looks mint mate, wouldnt like to see that driving up behind me at the lights Love the leather recaros. did you get them re-trimmed yourself?

Originally Posted by RST
I live just off of dryesdale mate if you know where that is. Do you live around here then? I know a guy from FT that is from chingford aswell. looks like theres a lil bit of a ford scene picking up around here.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:03 PM
RST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by E4MK3
Thanks alot guys

Originally Posted by NICK321RS
I will be lowering it again! Just had to swap the suspension over from the other car to carry the wait of the engine etc.
Nick your car looks mint mate, wouldnt like to see that driving up behind me at the lights Love the leather recaros. did you get them re-trimmed yourself?

Originally Posted by RST
I live just off of dryesdale mate if you know where that is. Do you live around here then? I know a guy from FT that is from chingford aswell. looks like theres a lil bit of a ford scene picking up around here.
not sure mate i live near the mount
yer is gettin sum nice ford round east london now
Old 06-01-2007, 12:09 PM
E4MK3
Virgin

its off of kingshead hill, sorta near the mcdonalds!

Trending Topics

Old 06-01-2007, 12:53 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

nice
Old 06-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Brookesy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good fair play to you
Old 06-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Zetec_mk4_XR3i
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Good work mate - its no wonder you noticed a change going from a 1.1 crossflow to a 16v!

Get it slammed and some more pics up
Old 06-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Drewman
Advanced PassionFord User

nice one, do you have any pics of the car lowered in the daylight?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:21 PM
E4MK3
Virgin

Nah only just after id put the springs on when it was a 1.1, without it being driven or settled at all, so it still looked pretty standard!
Old 07-01-2007, 01:02 PM
E4MK3
Virgin

Default The engine :D

Finally got some pics of my new engine i worked so hard on...

Then here's how she stands right now! makes me proud knowing i done it all myself

Then here is the donor car that used to be an Si, poor car, im afraid some sacrafices must be made :P

Craig! :aviator:
Old 07-01-2007, 01:23 PM
mellor
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

well done with that, looks the tits

could just do with a pair of RS/XR skirts n arches blending in to finish the whole shebang off but it does look the danglers!!

just a quick quesstion though... im half way through building me/my missus a cheap RS rep and i just wondered if you ran into any troubles while swappin motors? im going zetec 1800 and i just dont want any nasty surprises!

if you've got any tips or suggestions that'd be ideal
Old 07-01-2007, 06:34 PM
E4MK3
Virgin

Thanks alot guys!

This was my first engine swap and it was pretty straight forward i think, especially as i had hardly any mechanical knowledge previous. Everything worked out fine.

The only fidly bit was lifting the car up high enough to roll the engine underneath, and positioning the engine hoist in the right place so that you dont get the supporting legs for the hoist in the way of the engine that you;re rolling underneath. If that makes sense lol.

Apart from that, theres one lil thing i havent sorted out yet and thats the wiring of the tempreature gauge from the dials, the one from the HCS engine is wired differently, ill let you know about that once ive worked it out, you could always private message me mate if you get any probs, i'd be glad to help!

And yea, the only thing left i have planned to do is the cat back exhaust and the skirts n arches

Craig