PassionFord FAQs This is a collection of frequently asked questions... "How do I become Gold?" "How do I post pictures?"

Spammers are getting rife again.......

Search this Thread

Old 23-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spammers are getting rife again.......

Not sure on how new users are vetted and registered thesedays, but it seems that there are a lot more spammers coming on and flooding threads with needless shit

Take for example this thread about track insurance https://passionford.com/forum/insura...ml#post4413138

After the first couple of replies, there are 3 spammers basically saying the same shit with links in their signatures to shit that we don't want or need

What are IB doing about this as it seems to be an increasing problem that will on;y get worse without any form of preventative measure taken to reduce or remove the problem.

That is just one thread I highlighted, I'm pretty sure there will be a LOT more aswell. Also, I appreciate that it is difficult to work on a problem like this, especially when nearly all spam posts are from automated spambots and the like. It just seems that since IB took the helm that there are a lot more spammers - maybe something to do with the high standing of the company name and the sheer volume of traffic all of their forums generate?
Old 24-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres even one in this room

https://passionford.com/forum/passio...ml#post4414861

I have used the RTM button before you cry.