PassionFord FAQs This is a collection of frequently asked questions... "How do I become Gold?" "How do I post pictures?"

Why has my signature been removed?

Search this Thread

Old 14-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why has my signature been removed?

I have just popped on here and found my signature removed. It did have my NMS logo on there but if it has honestly been removed because of advertising then I an happy to no longer use this site.

If someone confirms that to be the case I have to laugh at this bizarre moderation. Is it wholly unacceptable to have my own logo in my signature.

If it is a genuine mistake then that is fine, please re-instate my signature, if however this really is due to not paying a trader fee then I would like my profile deleted and I shall no longer use the site. As I come on here once in a blue moon I find it insulting a moderator would even consider removing my signature.

If you read the TRADER rules it states quite clearly what you are entitled to as a paid trader. However being registered as "Karl" does not make me a non paying trader and thus the action of removing my logo'd signature is rediculous. EVERYONE should have their signature banned if it advertises a tuner name.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Controversial...
Old 14-07-2007, 11:08 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

it says at the bottom Karl.

happend to lots of people on here since they had a clamp down on the siggys advertising non paying traders.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:10 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

other people can have your logo as their siggy,just not the non paying trader.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Hi dave,

If thats the case then fine, two can play at that game. I was about to reply to a few people requiring help. I won't bother then if that is the pathetic level this site has dropped to.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:16 PM
glancy2081
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

think this is wrong as people like mark and karl give free advice on here and save people money in the long run not making money for themselves
Old 14-07-2007, 11:17 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Karl
Hi dave,

If thats the case then fine, two can play at that game. I was about to reply to a few people requiring help. I won't bother then if that is the pathetic level this site has dropped to.
it may be pathetic Karl,but is it worth not helping people that need it,its got nothing to do with them.

just don't help the traders or the mods.

Old 14-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

coming from someone with such a good reputation for giving out FREE advice, I would suggest that the moderator in question should read up before handing out the big stick.

As far as I have seen, Karl has never even advertised or sold on here?
Old 14-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
Hi dave,

it may be pathetic Karl,but is it worth not helping people that need it,its got nothing to do with them.

just don't help the traders or the mods.

agreed.

Shame it has to affect others who this has nothing to do with Karl
You're advice is invaluable!
Old 14-07-2007, 11:20 PM
nigel b
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

its a bit like the gestapo round here nowadays
like the old rsoc bb with a different name
Old 14-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

PMSL!!!!!

Old 14-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glancy2081
think this is wrong as people like mark and karl give free advice on here and save people money in the long run not making money for themselves
what a load of old pony,,,,, by doing that they get custom,,,,, how else do you think karl manages to eat ?

think its pointless not helping others for something they got NOTHING to do with

may aswell not help a old lady up whos fell over cause my work still have me on emergency tax........ aint her fault is it

karl considering you get LOADS of trade from here,,,, as much as you may not belive it i can tell you EVERYONE i personally know whos heard of you has done from either this site OR a person whos been told about you who uses this site,,,,, it would be a negative for you wouldnt it cause when all your regulars move on as happens in this game as you know,,,, then your trade will slow down maybe ?

by helping people you show them JUST how much you know and then gain a customer out of it

its not the same as me helping someone who,,,, well tbh wont wanna buy 30k a month worth of car parts from me

your choice though and you aint a silly guy but thought i would mention my pointless thoughts
Old 14-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

I have never sold or advertised on here whatsoever. I simply come on here every now and again to pass a few spare minutes. If my help over the years does'nt even allow me to have a personalised signature like EVERYONE else has, then what on earth has happened to the moderation on here? Come on own up, who removed my sig? I want to see who thinks it's 1982?
Old 14-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Ginge for your info, I get VERY little trade off here!
Old 14-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Flip2k3
coming from someone with such a good reputation for giving out FREE advice, I would suggest that the moderator in question should read up before handing out the big stick.

As far as I have seen, Karl has never even advertised or sold on here?

thats a load of shite mate,,, theres LOTS of people on here who can do the same,,,, they wont be allowed to,,,, why should one person be above the rules

one thing i dont get in life is when we allow special cases,,,, its just a logo of his company,,,, if its so small and pointless then why does he need it ?

or is that also not the point cause karl is 50% of peoples god on here and so we must let him go past yet some other bloke who MAY know hes onions wont be allowed,,,, just cause we aint ever heard of him before

imo btw it think any person should be allowed to say who they are anyway,,,, dont think a few people should be allowed and not others though
Old 14-07-2007, 11:30 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Can you not have a pic of your car on here,the one with the NMS stickers on it.

surely you can have a pic of that on here.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:32 PM
fordpop
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Old 14-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

But he isn't directly advertising is he?

TBH if people want to PM Karl, they will, whether he has a signature with his company name in or not.

So why remove something so stupid? If I put an NMS signature in, it wouldn't be removed? correct.. So fuck it, why not, I think I will.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I only got you to Gunship mine after recommendations off here I was going to stage 3 it but heard the gunship was a really good setup so I came to you instead.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Come to think of it...

Compared to how many others reccomend you i dont think a logo in your siggy would do that much really! Plenty other happy customers here to spread the word better than your sig
Old 14-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Dave my sig was a picture of two of my cars with my NMS logo between them. As petty as this is, I really cannot believe anyone would remove it.

This is actually proving more interesting than reading the site itself.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

the signature was removed as the new rules state no trade sigs or adverts by unpaid trader's .Could you explain why its insulting to you as the likes of turbo systems agreed to it and has been on the site since day one and still gives advice on here

Everyone ot there abouts puts your company logo in there sig or who uses you so its not as if you dont get any exsposer. The rule's have been put in place to protect paying traders and thats all there is to it .

If you would like to delete your acount which seems a bit strong to me but its your choice then let one of the webteam know
Old 14-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Paulpalmer

I agree a few people will come to me after getting recommendations from here. However that is'nt because of my signature and as a proportion of my business turnover, passionford does'nt even account for 5% of my cossie turn over, let alone the hundreds of other cars I look after. LOL at people thinking they know more about my business than I do!
Ginge !
just finding my feet

karl,,,,, thats rubbish mate,,,, word of mouth speads from everywhere mate

the internet has made the world a MUCH smaller place too

theres people on here who ive met/spoke to ect who i would NEVER of known

you may claim you dont get trade from here but if thats the case,,, how did your name get out ?

ive been in the RS game since i was 18 years old,,, until i came on here the only companys i heard of and trusted where the names that the mags recomend,,, you know the underpaid boys who get freebies and so plug any old shite and claim there the bollox when there just,,,, well normal garages who diagnose problems by charging customers for new parts until the problem is fixed

the introduction of the net,, rsoc and now passionford ( christ ive been a geek for almost 5 years now ) has shown me other people are alive,,, paul at north yorks,,, you as i never heard of you before ( no offence just mentioning a point) and also MSD,,,, never heard of him and tbh,,, even when i spoke to stu on rsoc years ago i never thought much of him then this site seemed to show a more confident side and guess i had more faith knowing hes about

as i said im not knocking you at all,,,, just think that claiming no trade of yours or very little comes from here when EVERYONE will recomend you due to the cars they see on here and the infomation and knowlege you show on here you have to show people you aint just a school leaver who worked for halfords and bought a tool kit and then called your self a tuner
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

well if the logo was to appear on your cars and not in the middle.....

surely that would be ok.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Jaycos,

My user name is Karl, NOT Norris Motorsport , and it was the usernames that were the issue if I recall correctly.

GO ahead delete my account, I would rather have no way of logging in than see "EDITED BY WEBTEAM UNPAID TRADER ADVERT" everytime I do.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:40 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it is very sad i know, only seemed to happen since a certain trader became a moderator
Old 14-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Paulpalmer

I agree a few people will come to me after getting recommendations from here. However that is'nt because of my signature and as a proportion of my business turnover, passionford does'nt even account for 5% of my cossie turn over, let alone the hundreds of other cars I look after. LOL at people thinking they know more about my business than I do!
I didn't even know you were a Passionford user until 20 minutes ago
Old 14-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Ginge, you can't possibly comment on my business in terms of passionford. I am a successfull business in the automotive engineering world and this has NOTHING whatsoever to do with passionford. Yes this is a forum people mention me on, but you only have to read the mags to see my cars in there month after month, and the mags have 20,000+ readership! In addition much of my business is for other business's NOT retail!
Old 14-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Jaycos,

My user name is Karl, NOT Norris Motorsport , and it was the usernames that were the issue if I recall correctly.

GO ahead delete my account, I would rather have no way of logging in than see "EDITED BY WEBTEAM UNPAID TRADER ADVERT" everytime I do.
then edit your sig to a none advert sig then karl it wasnt your username that was the problem

but if your sure you want the acount to be deleted then it will be done
Old 14-07-2007, 11:45 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Karl

can you not delete that bit yourself Karl in your profile settings.
Old 14-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Paulpalmer

karl i DO know the trade,,, i know what ii hear when the erst boys come into fords and talk about your ability ect and then mention where they heard of you from

you dont advertise in mags,,, no fucker knows where your actually located apart from "coventry area" but everyone has heard of you,,,, now i know you do MORE than old fords and you have done alot of contract work for other things for real money ect but the NMS in the cossie game has come from word of mouth and theres no fucking chance that i heard of you from a guy in central london,,,,, considering how many cossies are about so the internet makes it easier

NMS in your sig aint gonna gain you more business considering all the others who have it,,, but you know it shows a identity that people reconise and having just "karl" and a car wont show a new person you are THEE karl,,,,, but think your just karl from coventry

i done a test last year,,, i removed my sig and noticed that less people bothered with me who never knew me and then when my old shed was nicked i put it back on and people PM me and talk to me just cause of a picture of a ropey old sierra,,,,,

people judge based on appearence,,,, also your having a little bit of a hissy too but we all get like that at times and so thats allowed
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by peteh
it is very sad i know, only seemed to happen since a certain trader became a moderator
it had nothing to do with it pete it was several traders who had issues with it thats why the rules where changed
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

theres a new breed modding now karl lol
Old 14-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Oi !!!!,,, paddy has nothing to do with this so leave him alone
Old 14-07-2007, 11:49 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

please take your sig back down then ginge
Old 14-07-2007, 11:50 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Jaycos
it had nothing to do with it pete it was several traders who had issues with it thats why the rules where changed
just the way saw it and many others i expect
Old 14-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Ginge,

I am pissed off, because I'm insulted. I know I am moaning like a girl, but I am genuinly offended!

Jaycos, as said, if I cannot have my signature back EXACTLY as it was, then delete my profile. I gain nothing from using this site, but have been insulted by this simple act of removing my signature.
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Lets make this interesting then.

What traders DO pay on here. - List

What traders DO NOT pay but have customers using their sigs as advertising. - List

SURELY to be fair, they would need to come down also?

MAD
MotorsportD
NMS
Bosch
RS specialists
EA
Oddkidd
Field
TOD
Mountune

etc. etc.

There are a good 3-4 in that list that do not advertise on here, yet have people advertising for them.
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Ginge !
i done a test last year,,, i removed my sig and noticed that less people bothered with me who never knew me and then when my old shed was nicked i put it back on and people PM me and talk to me just cause of a picture of a ropey old sierra,,,,,
APMSL
you didnt feel so popular eh? SO why have you answered before about still having the cossie sig and said its because you cant be arsed removing ti or the like?

as if people wouldnt recognise your waffle or extreme,,,,,,,,,,comma,,,,,,,,,use,,,,,,,,

Quick Reply: Why has my signature been removed?