Motorcycle Chat & Sales We do fast cars and fast bikes. Keep the bike chat and adverts in here please folks!

The BBC News Team Suck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 05:56 PM
SmokeStoner
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The BBC News Team Suck!!!

Who just see the bbc 6pm news!!!!!!!!

The article on the bikes was completley fookin' biased, it started with showing a home video with 2 twats on bikes hooning about attempting wheelies and stoppies, and then one of them came round a bend and crashed into his mate.
Then it showed 2 blokes riding down a road at a pace, overtaking cars where there was a very short space to the oncoming car, but they weren't causing anyone to swerve or brake suddenly, needless to say that the police car that got the video soon caught up with them and had a word.

The reporter then states that bikers make up 3% of the national road users, and that during the months of june,july and august, they make up 60% of the fatalities!!!........................But fook all on the fact of how many of them fatalities/accidents where caused by some dick in a car on the phone not fooking seeing them, and pulling out and T-Boneing them,
or on the fact that about 80(odd)% of the bikes sold last year where bloody scooters and only capable of 30-80 mph depending on engine size, where the bbc is showing sports bikes gunning along, with riders who are atleast a little older and wiser than a naive 16 year old, and giving the impression that all people who ride a bike with a engine/power output more than a fooking hairdryer are all tossers who ride like they have a deathwish as soon as they get on a bike, unfortunatley like the few shown in there so called Special Report!!!

Now don't get me wrong i have been known to ride "spiritedly/fast" down some of the nice roads round where i live, but i like to think that i am atleast fully aware of what is going on around me, i.e.if i am riding along and i see a junction at the side of the road, i will roll the throttle off, but if i then see a car at that junction i will begin to brake just incase the driver of the car hasn't seen me and decides to pull out, after all it only takes a few seconds to get back up to my previous pace.
now don't get me wrong i have no problem with people who drive or ride fast, as i do on bikes and in my cossie, but to tar all bike riders with the same brush is fookin' out of order
Old 07-07-2004, 06:46 PM
JBcos
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in % ofcourse fatalities with bikes will be higher than cars, bikes dont have roll bars and impact bars
Old 08-07-2004, 12:24 AM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JBcos
in % ofcourse fatalities with bikes will be higher than cars, bikes dont have roll bars and impact bars
and cos the fuckin car driver didnt see you on ya bike before you bounced off his/her bonnet !!!