Motorcycle Chat & Sales We do fast cars and fast bikes. Keep the bike chat and adverts in here please folks!

Who knows anything about VFR's?

Search this Thread

Old 16-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Elwood
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who knows anything about VFR's?

My other half's father has a 1995 VFR 750 hidden away in the garage. He hasn't ridden it for over a year and it's beginning to look very sorry for itself. The seat is beginning to get damp damage from being in the garage, there is a battery/immobiliser fault and it has no MoT or tax. Overall, it's a solid bike and has covered only 30,000 miles.

What sort of figure do you think I should offer him? I want to get it restored to a good working order and use it as a commuter.

Anyone got experience of VFR's? What are they like to ride?
Old 16-07-2010, 10:20 AM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i love the 400 versions of these, and never realised they did a 750 i want i want

look sooooooooo nice, especially in classic 90's green and purple sort of colours
Old 16-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Farmer Giles
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If it's a non-runner then not very much TBH.

Budget for a full service inc valve clearances, brake overaul, new tyres etc and then have a look on Autotrader to see what they are going for privately, deduct your figure and then it's up to you how cheeky you want to be, bearing in mind there is still an electrical poblem. Unless you're handy with the spanners the service, tyres and overhaul including parts and labour could be the best part of a grand....

I had an early one, before the single swing arm which I think this one will be and they are excellent bikes. A bit on the heavy side but very comfy and the V4 engines sound great and Honda build quality was pretty good in those days so you might find it cleans up really nicely.

HTH
Old 16-07-2010, 11:00 AM
nthorpey
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by jammerrs
i love the 400 versions of these, and never realised they did a 750 i want i want

look sooooooooo nice, especially in classic 90's green and purple sort of colours
are you thinking of the RVF ? NC30 and NC35. if so completly different bike to the VFR.
Old 16-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Elwood
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Farmer Giles
If it's a non-runner then not very much TBH.

Budget for a full service inc valve clearances, brake overaul, new tyres etc and then have a look on Autotrader to see what they are going for privately, deduct your figure and then it's up to you how cheeky you want to be, bearing in mind there is still an electrical poblem. Unless you're handy with the spanners the service, tyres and overhaul including parts and labour could be the best part of a grand....

I had an early one, before the single swing arm which I think this one will be and they are excellent bikes. A bit on the heavy side but very comfy and the V4 engines sound great and Honda build quality was pretty good in those days so you might find it cleans up really nicely.

HTH
Thats a great help thanks . I'm pretty sorted with the spanners and have access to a garage where I can rebuild the thing at my leisure.

For those that don't know what I was initially referring to, it's one of these, in this colour, albeit with addition of a pannier.

Old 30-07-2010, 07:43 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

i have a slightly earlier one on 74k miles and it's still awesome. i would say £500 is a fair price. get it done
Old 30-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nthorpey
are you thinking of the RVF ? NC30 and NC35. if so completly different bike to the VFR.
They did a jap import VFR400

Awesome little bikes, had one years ago myself, loved it!

Trending Topics

Old 30-07-2010, 07:58 AM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vfr400 = rev happy mini supersports bikes
vfr750 = commuter with some cool touches

you could ride all day long on it, mine you i can on my fireblade, good tho

dont give too much, if you look around you could get a nice 1 with 0 hassle all t+t serviced with tyres etc for very little in the big sea of things
when you dial in tyres £250ish
C+S £100
mot £50
they like to much bushes
etc etc
never pass up a sweet deal but dont buy a problem

immib prob is easy, just follow the pairs of wires from the box and where they go into the loom cut the immob out and join the wires

also exhaust dont like being left for long (could cost a fortune)