Motorcycle Chat & Sales We do fast cars and fast bikes. Keep the bike chat and adverts in here please folks!

need to know all about bikes an licencing

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 04:15 PM
TUBZ
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to know all about bikes an licencing

right im 21, (22 in 3 months) im thinking seriosly of getin my bike licence as i want to get into the whole bike thing, im a big fan of gsxr's but there a little to lairy for me yet, however, id like to get a gsxr600 or 750 as i have a few people that i know sellin theres cheap, cheaper than wots on bike trader anyways, but my plan is to get a cheap 125 to learn an do my cbt on, (i do kwno how to ride an have riden mates) an keep the gsxr in the garage until i can ride it, sit on it an drool realy! but were do i stand from wen ive done my cbt, i want the quickest possible way to get a full licence an be able to ride the gsxr as i can see myslef getin frustrated with the 125 very quickly... ( dont mind it being restricted if that would be quicker an cheaper on insurance!) wot kinda of prices for insurance would i be lookin at, (6 points) any help would be most appreciated!
Old 04-01-2005, 06:23 PM
RstNut
PassionFord Regular

Do a 5 day course m8 intesive training - CBT Monday , R1 Friday

Im 22 3points and pay £500 TPO on my 03 Gsxr 600 and £780 tpf+t on my CCM supermoto.

Do it soon coz it will be busy soon when the sun starts shining

Expect to pay £500 for the intesive course. Any more q's just ask
Old 05-01-2005, 11:37 AM
TUBZ

ok mate thanx, the other reason that im wantin to do my bike test is that i might loose my driving licence soon as ive been flashed twice in the 2 yrs of driving... both fuckin ridicoulous but there ya go, tryin to fight for my licence at the mo! got a soliciter an eveything, anyway thats a different story! wot im sayin is if i get my licence revoked as im classed as a young driver but dont get a ban, can i just book my intensive asap after? an how would that effect my insurance as i only have 3 points at the mo (wich is why i asked about 6 as i may or may not get sum more! depends...) and is the intensive GARENTEED PASS or u can pay 500 an still fail?!! and finally do they expect u to know how to ride wen u book the intensive or? i mean i know how to but havent realy done it for like a long time!
thanx
Old 07-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

if you're going to get banned how do you expect to be allowed to sit a bike test?

intensive isn't a guaranteed pass no. you still need to sit the test so of course you can fail
if you pay for an "intensive" course tho theres a fair chance that you'll get more "free" lessons untill you actually pass the test. each re-test costs £40odd quid too

no you dont need to know how to ride because you'll have to start off with the cbt anyway

as for insurance,i got insured on my cbr6 straight after passing my test. i was 23 and had 9 points and a yrs ban on my license and it cost £750.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:05 PM
TUBZ

ok well, i mean its not that likely that il get a ban, most likely to just get my licence revoked an have to sit it again realy, so thas y i just wana do the bike one instead as it seems quicker to get mobile again, an its just sumthin different realy...........