Motorcycle Chat & Sales We do fast cars and fast bikes. Keep the bike chat and adverts in here please folks!

Advice/Recamendations On A One Piece Leathers

Search this Thread

Old 18-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Rossco
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice/Recamendations On A One Piece Leathers

Morning guys, thinking about buying a one peice suit in the next month or so and the choice is massive, Ive got a KTM 625 supermoto on the road and was looking at the Alpinstars supermoto suit, then started thinking about getting a proper road bike aswell.
Looking for all black leathers or black and white leathers.
What do you guys use and think.

Cheers Ross.
Old 18-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Farmer Giles
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There's such a wide choice as you say.

The best advice I can give is go into a shop and try on as many different suits on as you can and then make a mental note of the make, size, style etc and then get one cheaper off the internet, online shops or Ebay for s/h suits.

My suit was an RST and the guy I sold it to high sided his ZX10r at mallory a couple of weeks later and the suit held up pretty well, shame about the bike though
Old 18-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i hav just bought a set of dainese gran premio 1 piee leathers in black and white, cant fault them at all and would recomend them to anyone
Old 18-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Rossco
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeh looks like an afternoon in a bike shop trying some suits on, want a new helmet as well

Hopefully we can have a good old deal up.
Old 19-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its all personal preference tbh mate, i find shoei lids really comfy and spot on but some of me mates swear by agv and arai where as i tried an arai and an agv on and i thought they were horrible and very uncomfortable. Same goes with leathers really some are longer in the body and dont suit smaller people some are shorter in the body and dont suit small people etc try and find a shop with load of different brands in and try them all on and see which on you like the best.

Not sure if you have tried a 1 piece on before but they are tight between the ball sack and shoulders when your stood up but there supposed to be like that and go slack once your in your riding position. So try them on and sit on a bike the same as yours or the same style at least
Old 19-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Rossco
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Pretty much settled on a Arai Tour-X3 Diamond lid, tryed one on last weekend and was very nice.
Old 20-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

alps you're tall too eh 6 5? i struggle to get right length at 6 4!

a stars was fucking useless so sold trousers from my 2 piece and use a stars jacket with heine gericke trousers!

Trending Topics

Old 20-11-2009, 08:08 PM
pacwest
Puller of the Wrench

I had a joe rocket speedmaster suit that I loved to pieces. alpinestars seemed to be the tall guys suit, but I never owned one.
Old 21-11-2009, 05:30 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lambchop
alps you're tall too eh 6 5? i struggle to get right length at 6 4!

a stars was fucking useless so sold trousers from my 2 piece and use a stars jacket with heine gericke trousers!
Ye i'm 6.5, tbh the dainese suit could be a little longer in the arms and legs if i'm honnest but it still fits perfectly well(if that makes sense lol) Plus there brand new so need breaking in so might stretch that little bit and be 100% perfect instead of 90% perfect fit lol

I had richa leathers before these and i thought they were alright and did the job untill i tried the dainese 1 piece suit on, which made me realise how wanky the richa leathers are.
Old 23-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
Ye i'm 6.5, tbh the dainese suit could be a little longer in the arms and legs if i'm honnest but it still fits perfectly well(if that makes sense lol) Plus there brand new so need breaking in so might stretch that little bit and be 100% perfect instead of 90% perfect fit lol

I had richa leathers before these and i thought they were alright and did the job untill i tried the dainese 1 piece suit on, which made me realise how wanky the richa leathers are.

yeah i get ya. i've always ignored 1 piecers due to thinking i'd struggle to get a decent non ball ripping fit. now the bike really is just a toy so 1 piece for runs out might be ok.

i'll try dainese
Old 23-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

You got the NEC show in a couple o week, as wank as it is its good for bargains,
My mate picked up a 1 piece RST for £150 last year, he only went for a jacket
Have you got a J+S near you, they stock all kinds of everything in there, I spent a day alone trying on leathers at the 1 in Northwich.