MOT Question

Search this Thread

Old 14-01-2009, 10:17 AM
adam.d
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjim172000
Your allowed to drive to the MOT Test station for the test and back home again if it passes or fails. How else are you meant to get back? And i dont exactly see millions of low loaders anywhere I also believe your allowed to drive the car to a garage to have the repair work carried out and then back to the test station again.
If your car fails an M.O.T you can't legally drive it back home as your car has no valid MOT and could be classed as unroadworthy there the words of a tester.

On another point, I bought a car that turned out to have a dodgy M.O.T (car was mega rusty and had holes everywhere!) my pal is a tester so I took it down for him to check over. I said just do me another test on it and mark down everything it fails on, he said if he does that it will invalidate my current M.O.T (even tho it was a dodgy 1) as it will defo fail!!!
Old 14-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Paul.V
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Contact your local ministry vehicle center and i believe you have three months to contest the mot from the date it was issued. I too got caught out with a bent mot but i was passed the three month period. If your mate is in the mot bussiness he should know this??