General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Big job for Stu and Kenny.............

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big job for Stu and Kenny.............

My friend Al dropped my Cossy of at MSD on Sat and Its not run in anger for about 9 years just thrown loads of dosh at it Full paint job New wheels (MO) brakes (AP 330 six pots) avo coilovers all round New Turbo Technic Turbo, RS500 intercooler, and loads more.. Its a 3 door converted to 4x4 by my mate Al in his workshop about 12 years ago. It was upgraded to 270 bhp then, but hopefully 380 by next Sat if all goes well.. Its now having New upgraded fuel pump, vernier pullyes all new belts air injectors, coil pack, closed loop, live mapping and allset up ie tracking, 4 way wheel alignment as its gone from 15 to 18's and wheel balance. Will let you know how its going as the weeks going on and perhaps Stu or Kenny can add their bit too............Thanks Wilmot (Liege-Belgium)
Old 08-07-2007, 10:57 PM
4x4 ste
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Good luck mate, its at the right place Hopefully ill get a quick look as im up there thursday and friday

Steve
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Default My3 door 4x4........

Thats great still got a few niff naffy issues with it, as you may have seen in other threads ive posted , my dash is spilt so i Got a mint dash from Ebay and its not right I think its out of a Saffy, so i need to try and heve it repaired but NOT Flocked... and the rear side pannels covering needs recovering, bit of a pian really as im im Liege-Belgium and my Car is in Blackpool,and ive not seen it for over a year as ive not been home.F=If anyone could take some piccys of it an post them on here would be FAB, im coming over on Fri and coming up to MSD on Sat an if all is ok...... Cant wait
Old 09-07-2007, 02:59 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Good luck with it mate

Your going to have a nice bill

Will be worth it im sure

Steve.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 120 Posts

Sounds like it will be a
Old 09-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 120 Posts

dohh....top motor when finished.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:38 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Will give them a ring late tomorrow afternoon to see how things are going,but cant wait................
Old 10-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This will be rather interesting! And bloody expensive for all them parts by sounds of it

Why havent you been home for over a year?

get some pics up
Old 10-07-2007, 04:56 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Sounds like it'll be a great spec m8,pics please.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:33 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Split from the Mrs... you know the score...being taken for everything... Blah blah blah....So Cossy is my New Baby...Pics are are difficult from here , but if anyone is close to MSD that can nip round take some piccys and add then to this thread..would be great........whatever happens I will take loads when I get it back.............Thanks for your Great comments..
Old 10-07-2007, 06:35 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck mate
Old 10-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Butch.
PassionFord Post Troll

your car is in good hands there mate good luck
Old 11-07-2007, 03:59 AM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Spoke to Kenny last night, and asked him to change all the oils inc Rear Diff and Gearbox, not much to report, except they are doing an Engineers Report for the insurance company as its so heavily modified..(Being a 3 Door 4x4) for starters..Hopefully with this report should get Insurance for 600 ish Fully Comp with protected No Claims and full european cover, the only downside is they cap the milage at 7.5k, but w'ell see..
Old 11-07-2007, 05:10 AM
BillyCabrio
10K+ Poster!!

Location: Dartford, Kent - Home of the two way one way system.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a wicked car milmot

I'm sure Stu will take some snaps for you and post them up, some under shots while its up on the ramps would be nice

Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Does he read forum very often..I should imagine hes up to his neck in work.........If it rains any more here in Liege the bloody place will sink.....
Old 13-07-2007, 11:31 AM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Well the story so far.. New fuel pump now fitted and Kenny had to rewire it, as the exsisting wiring not up to the job, closed loop fitted, new fuel regulator, the old one had a split diagphram, new vernier pulleys cam belts fitted and set up, new air injectors fitted, coil pack fitted inc Rev counter Mod, full engine service inc oil change, engine, gearbox and front and rear diffs.... New Mongoose Full exhaust system coming early next week, Kenny said the 3in bore Scorpion that I had fitted was too restricted as both center and rear Boxes were 2in bore.. So its coming off .. If any one wants one..So its coming along nicely....And the fast accellerating Bill is not far behind it......
Old 13-07-2007, 11:59 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You are in the best hands there mate, when you get it back it will be A1 if those guys have had there hands on it,

Enjoy

mike
Old 13-07-2007, 12:05 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Thanks Mike.. I hope so, with their reputation should be like a rocket when I get it back.. Kenny told me last night I need a Turbo Heat Sheild ASAP.... If anyone can help.... I can pay for it , But it needs to be sent to Kenny. at MSD........ Thanks Wilmot..
Old 13-07-2007, 12:12 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ask Kenny or Stu to source the best one they can for it and tag it on to the bill, they will be at the very least honest with you about it all

Mike
Old 13-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Pics as requested...

Old 13-07-2007, 02:20 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Great pics Stu Thanks..............
Old 13-07-2007, 11:21 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Well.. theirs me going about my Day to Day stuff here in Sunny Belgium, hanging some pictures, if I remember...Then the phone rings.....Its Kenny..I said hows things ...hows my car....He said Hope your sitting down with a strong drink nearby.....Oh Shit I thought..this is not good..Whats up Mate ..I said..'Your Turbos Blown' came the reply.....Silence my end..thinking quickly, shit its never been on the road in anger, since I started the rebuild about a year ago the Turbo was one of the things I bought. Al fitted it wound the motor over with the coil disconnected so to fill the turbo with oil to prime it..(He's been building cars for over 30 years, and he's no Muppet) anyway the car had to move because of going to the paint shop etc etc..So hearing my turbo's knackered, and it coming from TurboTechnics.. the best in the business, or so they would let you believe...well does not sound good at the moment.. Kenny suggested it maybe a build up of oil in the exhaust, as its only been moved arount my driveway for seven years (very sad) and it maybe a large build up of oil in the exhaust, burning off as he blasted off down the road..So we will have to wait til Monday/Tue when the new Mongoose arrives, bolt it on, fire it up and go for a blast to see if its still smokey..ie no oil sitting in the bottom of the new system....and on top of all this Kenny thinks the engine is sitting down one side slightly, maybe the engine mount is shot......Thats to come tomorrow.....But anyway this will delay my collecting the car for another week, but it couldn't be in better hands, Than Kenny and Stu. More to come later Tomorrow, Goodnight from Liege-Belgium....Wilmot
Old 13-07-2007, 11:46 PM
capri280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cosworth

Was over with stu and kenny myself for a set up closed loop,black injectors,group a pump l8 ecu and custom map

After a few teething diffs with my end its all done

All i can say is what a job and what a change i am not dissapoined only in that i wasnt able to stay and go for a fee swallows(beer) on friday

Seen your car there and work proceeding

If my set is anything to go by you wont be dissappointed

Thank Stu again for you understanding and patience with my teething difficulties after a full resto

regards

Eugene
Old 14-07-2007, 12:40 AM
purple_fiesta
No longer a ford owner ..

Saw your car on tuesday, looked very nice
Old 14-07-2007, 05:36 AM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Thanks boys all very positive noises.....
Old 14-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Nick @ M Developments
Regular Contributor

This car will be a gem once completed Spent a little time down there and she really is a credit to you(or whoever built it). Im sure kenny will phone with some good news soon enough mate. Nearly time for all the fun
Old 14-07-2007, 04:21 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Just to set the record straight, my mate Al, built my car. Initially for himself, in two wheel drive.. Then he had a brainwave.... Sold it to me, then he proceeded to put MY car on axle stands, remove the engine box and all the suspension. We ditched that lot, then bought a smashed H reg 4x4 Cossy Saffy) ,, and he spent about five weeks of evenings making it all fit..He's a Welder/Fabricater by trade and his welding is like artwork, the effort that went into slitting the gearbox tunnel for the transfer box, then cutting and welding all the segments back into the car...Very neat..But he's like that with everything he does.. Thats why iv'e got a 20 year old car that looks like that........ Lovely pics Stu, but they dont do the car the justice it deserves...
Old 14-07-2007, 04:24 PM
4x4 ste

I saw the car thursday and friday and it is a lovely car mate and with the conversion your having should be awesome

Steve
Old 14-07-2007, 05:10 PM
davidreader5
PassionFord Regular

Hi buddy,

Yes i know the car, or rather allan he's a very good friend of a friend of mine, guy called Tudor i do some stuff with him with his Grp A peugeot 205, rally car, met allan a few times, i was told the other week the car was off to msd, i saw the car last a few months ago looks better in the flesh, should be a nice road car once the work at msd is done and with good mpg(closed loop)

Best regards Dave R.
Old 15-07-2007, 12:44 AM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Suprised Ive not met you before, say Hi to Alun from me if you see him in the next week . My First car from Alun was a Red Mk1 RS Turbo.. Mad car, was 150 BHP back in 85. set up by RATs in worcester..(Rolling Road AutoTune),,Sold it to a Dealer in Plymouth and it was used in a ram raid a short whilst later..Anyway off to my Pit now... Cant wait til Mon evening when I should hear from Kenny.......Wilmot
Old 15-07-2007, 02:06 PM
davidreader5
PassionFord Regular

Hi,
Meeting tudor tomorrow as he has just bought a new engine for the pug,
225,bhp approx from peugeot guru simon preston, Ł4500. and that was cheap for the spec?, having a look at the throttle bodies & management etc, i think alun is stopping at blackpool until your car is finished because of the treck up to blackpool. rs turbos i've had a few, and the last one i restored, i put cosworth management on it, only known alun as a friend of tudor's over the past year, met him approx 4, times.

Dave R.
Old 16-07-2007, 05:23 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Well no news from Kenny or Stu today, I suppose no news is good news....Hope my new Turbo is not knackered...will see what happens tomorrow.. Wilmot
Old 18-07-2007, 01:35 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Just spoke to Kenny.....and it looks like my Turbo is ok. He's got the new exhaust on, had all the wheel alignment, tracking and balance done, so nearly ready for Mapping...Just spoke to Jamie @ Performance Direct and He and Andy are trying to sort out the Best Insurance for me so things are looking up at last..Should have some more news tomorrow... So it looks like I will be in Blackpool on Fri night, if anyone is up for a beer...............
Old 18-07-2007, 01:42 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Just spoke to a Guy called Nick in Basingstoke, and he has just given me a L/H Sierra dash......so thats the start of another big project... If its doooable and I can get all the right bits........Thanks Nick.. See you soon
Old 18-07-2007, 02:52 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

seen this is MSD on the 12th when i was there
Old 18-07-2007, 03:44 PM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

At least the car is is good hands.

Keep us posted.
Old 20-07-2007, 03:23 AM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Well if you thought it couldnt any worse....Had a call from Kenny to say I had "Fueling" problems.....Then he went on to Tell me that I needed another NEW fuel pump...and a fuel tank ...Because my car has stood so long, not being used and with no fuel in the tank...............(Nicked for my Mower over a period of time) The inside of the tank had rusted, flaked off, jammed my NEW Sooper Dooper Pump and Shagged the bearings.............That leaves the seats, carpets, and half a wiring loom to go and the whole thing will be brand new ..........Happy Days.....
Old 20-07-2007, 10:00 PM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Well Kenny called me this afternoon (just before he slopes off for a week on the Lash in the sunshine)...He's ordered a NEW tank from Ford.. 207 Quid... not as bad as i'd expected, and suprised they actually had one in stock, should be delivered to MSD next Wed....So nothing will happen til he comes back, cos Stu is up to his arse in it...and another week wont make any difference in the long term...And thanks to all of your comments and support with my car... But im still after an UNSPLIT r/h dash.... and yes Nick I will still be down to see you....Thanks Wilmot..
Old 01-08-2007, 10:31 AM
wilmot
Regular Contributor

Well......Kennys back from his Hols safe and sound, the new fuel tank, pump, filter and new sender have been fitted and he's just fitting the Turbo heat shield......So more news later on when he calls me.....
Old 01-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Man, i have never seen so much crap come out of a tank before mate!!

Wait till you see the pump its wrecked, we have kept it to show you.. never seen anything like it!!

Quick Reply: Big job for Stu and Kenny.............