General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: Should we bring back the death penalty?
YES
76.00%
NO
20.00%
ABSTAIN
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

And now for an adult discussion - CAPTIAL PUNISHMENT......

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts
Default And now for an adult discussion - CAPTIAL PUNISHMENT......

Should the UK bring back the death penalty and capital punishment?

For's, against's and why's.

Discuss.....

Personally, I am all for it and I think our justice system needs RADICALLY altering, and the reintroduction of captal punishment would, IMO, possibly kerb the growing "fashionable" crime rate....

Discuss......
Old 03-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yes they should life for a life
Old 03-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Alloy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be all for it too mate, I agree with your last point as well.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:05 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I agree with your point Thrush,

Mike
Old 03-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

No, simply becasue no justice system is 100% all the time. You can release prisoners, u can't bring back the dead.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:09 PM
s1 2oobhp
PassionFord Regular

eye 4 a eye a tooth 4 a tooth
Old 03-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Hmm, so far 100% in favour - I didn't think it would be that much to be fair....

One thing that massively annoys me about our penal system is sentencing. "Life" should mean LIFE = not fooking 24yrs. Nowadays you can get life, 24yrs, but plead guilty and it's reduced to 18. With parole system that halved to 9.

And whats worse is concurrent sentencing. You commit 5 counts of rape and then kill each victim. So you go to court and plead guilty on 5 accounts. You get 5 life sentences. Surely this should mean you are sentenced to 120yrs in jail. No.... You get each one reduced to 18 for pleading guilty, then with parole thats 9 years. But each sentence is CONCURRENT, as in served at the same time, not back to back.

So you rape 5 women, kill each one and you only serve 9 years inside?

What a FUCKING disgrace this countries judicial system is. Fucking DISGRACFUL. Disgusting.

Trending Topics

Old 03-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Alloy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I hate the whole life sentence thing too mate, what a load of bollox. To me a life sentence to me should mean the only way you get out is in a box.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:23 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If the person admits they killed someone on purpose...yes fry em, hang em etc etc
Old 03-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

there was to many innocent people dying years ago but with dna and other methods that shouldnt happen now so yes it should be you take a life then so should yours

cheers jay
Old 03-02-2006, 08:26 PM
robbie s
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

These judges are like our MP's. They dont live in the real world, they have no perspective on real life. Let the victims of crime and victims relatives pass sentence, thats what I say
Old 03-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

As above, too many mis-carriages of justice in the old days. So it cant erally come back. Or it could but it would take a decade to sort throught the numerous appeals and tie up the courts too much.

What I would like to see is better sentancing and rehabilitation of offenders to reduce the re-offending rates.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

rehab is BOLLOX...

ALL prisoners should have a cell with a bucket to piss and shit in and have their WANK meals shoved under the door and NOT be let out of the cell, NO TV or nothing.... That is the best ''rehab'' as who would want to spend time like that???? Surely would put a lot of people off doing more crime..

And yes bring back the death penalty!

Also bring back the cane for kids at school. Kids were better behaved and more discaplined and had more respect when there was some authority, they are not even scared of police now FFS... ITS A JOKE and its the do gooding wankers that have made it like this....

Gets my back up
Old 03-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by robbie s
These judges are like our MP's. They dont live in the real world, they have no perspective on real life. Let the victims of crime and victims relatives pass sentence, thats what I say
Not an unbiased decision then though.....Just makes us all into blood thirsty animals? doesn't solve anything...?
...and that sort of responsibility is one hell of a thing to hang on the relatives who've just lost a loved one and feel compelled to get justice for them...might make them take a decision they later regret?

I think sentences should be better established, life means life, etc...as said above.

Surely its a case of making sentences a deterrant. The thought of 6 months in a warm room with your own basin, tv and free meals...a tax funded holiday.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:53 PM
robbie s
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by Katie
Originally Posted by robbie s
Not an unbiased decision then though.....Just makes us all into blood thirsty animals? doesn't solve anything...?
...and that sort of responsibility is one hell of a thing to hang on the relatives who've just lost a loved one and feel compelled to get justice for them...might make them take a decision they later regret?

I think sentences should be better established, life means life, etc...as said above.

Surely its a case of making sentences a deterrant. The thought of 6 months in a warm room with your own basin, tv and free meals...a tax funded holiday.
Just need to clarify, I dont agree with the death penalty and my statement was referring to the piss poor sentances given out by these Idiots we call judges. If the victims of crime were to choose the length of sentance there wouldnt be any shoddy sentencing. Killing them is an easy way out for them, they should be locked up and as others have said without the sky TV, pool tables, xboxes, gymnasium, etc, etc I cant afford duckin sky TV or the gym so why should a convicted crimminal have it
Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

I agree that the condition of out penitentiaries is shokcing - and not shocking as in bad... Maybe I watch too many movies, but it seems the Americans have got it right - 8x4 cells with steel bars, with a bunk bed and a crapper. None of this TV, playstation, fucking pool table bollox.

One of the problems we have in this country is habitual criminals, that commit crimes TO GET CAUGHT, as they have a better life inside than out in society. They go inside and they get 3 square meals a day, along with air con, comfy beds, sofa's, sky TV, playstion etc..... It's fucking ridiculous and I resent the fact that it's my fucking taxes being paid for these guys to have a fucking holiday... Every prison should be like fooking Alkatraz!

Then you get the human rights activists harking on about their rights - what fucking rights? I say you lost your human rights when you *chose* to break the law and become a criminal - shouldn't get fucking rights after that till you complete your sentence. Prisons should be exempt from rights...
Old 03-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Old 04-02-2006, 05:58 AM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

In todays society where a life means nothing to some people and we have rapists and peadophiles etc spiralling out of control i say hang the bastards , the technology at the polices disposal ie dna etc should prove if someones guilty or not.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Brookesy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they should bring it back mainly due to the fact there is more crime on the streets now than there was many years ago. More and more people are commiting serious crimes and the government have already admitted that prisons are becoming over crowded.

You have so many repeat offenders that just continue breaking the law and people like rapists, murderers, peadophiles should be givem the death penalty.

There is some many criminals at the moment that seem to be living a life of luxery at our expense, the whole point of prison is to teach them a lesson and punish them.

The Huntleys are a prime example they killed to school girls yet them get treated like royalty