General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

anyone on here a good cook? need some recipe ideas

Search this Thread

Old 27-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone on here a good cook? need some recipe ideas

I wanna cook a nice meal tomorrow, (i do actually cook a lot so i am pretty ok in the kitchen) decided to use chicken breast, but cant find any decent gormet recipes on line cos i wanna make it look pretty special and well as taste nice lol,

anyone got any decent links or any decent reipes for a main course chicken meal please,

just read thru jamie olivers cook book and that was shit
Old 27-01-2006, 02:32 PM
sticky_vikki
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/

good luck!
Old 27-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Cola
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Chicken and pesto

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 27-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

im a sucker for something spicy. make your own curry
Old 27-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cool link, didnt realise the bbc did receipes,

just looked at pesto chicken and new pots, looks cool, may give that a try actually it sounds nice
Old 27-01-2006, 02:57 PM
RSKim
15K+ Super Poster!!

A man that cooks, you fancy being my lodger
Old 27-01-2006, 02:58 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

spag boll
Old 27-01-2006, 02:59 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RSCossieKim
A man that cooks, you fancy being my lover
when shall i visit
Old 27-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cooking is easy .. getting it all together at the right time is the hard bit i love cooking
Old 27-01-2006, 03:15 PM
RSKim
15K+ Super Poster!!

cossiecrew pmsl.....can you cook? if Yes anytime you like, if no, sod off pmsl
Old 27-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle
cooking is easy .. getting it all together at the right time is the hard bit i love cooking
thats what i hate too! getting it all ready at right time! i do love cooking tho

you shouldve seen my mrs cook her first fry up...by the time it was done the sausages were well cooked and the toast was cold lol
Old 27-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

K, gonna probably get flamed here for being a guy that knows how to cook but fuook it

Chicken breast is easy to work with!

Take your chicken breast (skinless is better), however many you are cooking, and marinade them in a bowl with barbeque marinade. NOT bbq sauce - must be marinade (bit thinner and soaks into the chicken better) - can get it at probably any supermarket, Tesco do a nice one of thier own.

Leave it to marinade in there for an hour or two, in the fridge. Helps if you take it out every half hour or so and turn the chicken breasts and swirl wm about a bit. THEY MUST BE COMPLETELY COVERED BY THE MARINADE!

Next, pan fry!

Works best if you got one of these pans;

Bit of grapeseed oil in the pan, get it nice an hot, then GRATE up a red onion into the pan, and let it cook in with the oil. Add a tad of butter for good measure

Take your chicken out the marinade bowl and whack it straight in the pan as is. Cook it fairly slowly (med heat) you don't wanna burn the outside before the middle is cooked thru, but at the same time you don't wanna over cook it on the inside so it becomes chewy. I reckon it's best to lightly sear the outside (get some brown lines on it from the ridges of the pan on both sides, then slice the breast open and gently cook the inside of the breast.

While is cooking at some more grated onion, bit of fine garlic, and some mixed green herby shit for tast, and get some black pepper corns. The little pellet looking ones. These are best if you put em in a small bowl and crack em up, mash em about a bit, then just sprinkle over the chicken as it cooks, then when you flip it over in the pan it cooks INTO the chicken

K, whens thats not far from cooked, you wanna grill some bacon. Get it under the grille, and crisp it up. Not too much as it becomes hard and tastes rather salty, but hard enough not to soft or floppy (ooh, er lol)

When this is done, cut some cheese - normal chedder is best. Slice it, not grate. Lay a slice or two on the chicken breast. Then lay on your bacon on top of the cheese, then another slice or two of cheese. Whack the whole lot under the grille and SLOWLY heat it so the cheese melts.

While all this is doing, the marinade you used before should still in in your bowl. Heat it up on the hob, again gently, but enough to get it fairly hot, but not too hot. You can thin it a little with some white wine and grapeseed oil (only use VERY small ammounts, but this lets you thin it enough to become a dressing)

When all is cooked and ready (with whatever else you are doing with it, come to that later) put it on a plate, and pour the heated bbq marinade/sauce over the whole lot. Add more pepper!!!

I've done this a few times and man it's fukking gorgeous!

Onto what you should do with it. Personally, I love potatoes, so for me it's a must. But what type? Par-boil some potatoes till they become softish, then cut em up into quarters and sautee(sp) them in a pan with oil and butter.

Or do jacket potatoes in the oven, wait till the skins have gone wrinkly and hard, then cut em in half. Scoope out 75% of the potato so you are only left with a "shell". Put all this potato into a bowl and mash it up. Add some grated cheese, and a little butter, with some pepper and a dash of white wine. Mix it all up and mash it a bit more. If you're feeling adventurous, do some bacon and then finely chop it into tiny bits and mix this in aswell.

Then using a spoon, stuff the jacket skins with this mash mix, put the two halves side by side on a baking tray, and pop it under the gill to lightly toast it (just to add a little colour and get it hot again)

Along with this, roasted onions are a winner. Get some red onions, peel em and then cut into the top with a knife making an X shape. Don't cut too deep, about a 3rd of the way down. I also chop a TINY bit off the bottom so they have a flat base to stand on in the oven. Get a backing tray, add oil, whack em in the oven. Takes about half an hour or so (been a long while since I done em,sorry) but you wanna keep taking em out now and again and drizzling oil over the top of em, like you would with roast potatoes. Anyway, you wanna go till the begine to open up where you made the cross in the top. Pour a bit of oil inside as it begins to open then whack back in for a few mins. Hopefully they won't have burnt like I said, been a while since I done them....

Anyway, thats about the best thing I can do with chicken, and those I have done it for said it was fucking excellent

Serve with side salad and plenty of chilled white wine (or beer for us MANLY men )
Old 27-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Made me fooking hungry aswell
Old 27-01-2006, 04:14 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RSCossieKim
cossiecrew pmsl.....can you cook? if Yes anytime you like, if no, sod off pmsl
yeah i can cook so just give me your address and tell me when your other half has gone out