General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Shocking what i seen today !!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 26-01-2006, 03:54 PM
seveneigths
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocking what i seen today !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was working in a mate's scrap yard today fitting a new door and frame to their canteen building.

While working i noticed these car transporters kept coming in with 2 or 3 second hand cars on them I would say every 30 minutes or so

Some off the cars were in good condition and i mean Audi's, Golfs and i even so a mk5 RS2000....

I asked my mate what the hell are all these cars doing in here? and he told me they were cars that had been taken in by the police that have had no tax on them

Some of these cars were worth a couple of grand IMO.

As i was leaving another one came in and it had a mint Volvo T5.

These cars all had to be crushed WTF.

I am shocked.......Really shocked
Old 26-01-2006, 03:57 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It`s great innit.....

Getting all the scumbags untaxed,uninsured pieces of shit off the road so they can`t do any damage....

Fook em i say,if you dont tax or insure your car you deserve all you get

They dont crush em complete btw Paul,they strip em of trim,running gear etc first......Plentiful supply of good secondhand stuff....
Old 26-01-2006, 04:04 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

It is a shame they are crushing them. But it is good that those who don't pay their tax are penalised heavily.
Old 26-01-2006, 04:08 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MWF
It is a shame they are crushing them. But it is good that those who don't pay their tax are penalised heavily.

It aint the tax that pisses me off so much,It`s the uninsured low life who cause all the fooking misery when they run into you....

Plod are using these tactics now because fook all else was working,now they can impound the car it`s a much better situation...

Oh and they don`t just take them and crush them straight away........You do get the chance to Insure/Tax it,pay the fines,pay the recovery fees and get it back....but as most of these pond life never have any money anyway,it`s usually the crusher....
Old 26-01-2006, 04:10 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by nightdavva
Originally Posted by MWF

It aint the tax that pisses me off so much,It`s the uninsured low life who cause all the fooking misery when they run into you....
Yes I agree!
Old 26-01-2006, 04:13 PM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dont even fuckin GET me started on this 1 again!!!!!!!!

https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...783&highlight=

Pete....
Old 26-01-2006, 04:18 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by warleydaddy

Dont even fuckin GET me started on this 1 again!!!!!!!!

https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...783&highlight=

Pete....

I now carry my insurance docs on me for exactly this reason,it is a pain in the arse but worth it mate to get all the shitters off the road....

How would you feel if some prick in an uninsured shitter potted your 3 door.?
Old 26-01-2006, 04:22 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I think the real sore point with the documents is there didn't seem to be much in the way of public notification of a somewhat major new law there.
Old 26-01-2006, 04:25 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

Since when has the law changed to allow them to impound a car THEY think has no insurance ???

Can you receive compensation for the hassle they have caused you because they are incompetent ??

I would never arry my stuff with me, for the simple reason if teh car got broken into and they got stolen, its a pain in the arse to get new documents.
The police certainly wont catch the criminals who broke into the car, and certainly wont help in getting new documents.

The law regarding un-taxed cars is a joke too. Some people dont ahve garages etc or places to keep a car whilst they are working in it. So sometimes it may sit in the street directly outside their houses. I had a friend in this situation a while back. His car sits in a "cul-de-sac" / dead end road. No thru traffic, and its a quite large space. yet he had a car clamped once for no tax..

I'm all for taking illegal cars off the road, stealing peoples cars is not the way to go about it.

Thats all they are doing, is stealing. There can be no justification for letting it happen. if you say its right for them to steal someones car, then you must think its right for anyone to steal cars.

They seem to operate steal first, find out details later. And then if they got it wrong, tough shit on you.
Old 26-01-2006, 04:27 PM
mk2rstaff
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MWF
I think the real sore point with the documents is there didn't seem to be much in the way of public notification of a somewhat major new law there.
first i have heard of this do you have to have them on you all the time nw????
Old 26-01-2006, 04:28 PM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Since when has the law changed to allow them to impound a car THEY think has no insurance ???

Can you receive compensation for the hassle they have caused you because they are incompetent ??
THAT was my main problem with the whole thing!!!!!!

Cause i couldnt prove there and then that i was insured,the bastards took the car off me,END OF!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT.......... The dobber did say that "if you are insured,police pay all costs" So thats was that..

Pete..
Old 26-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Quite pathetic imo! Why crush the cars? Why not auction them off and put the money to use?
Old 26-01-2006, 04:31 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The law hasn`t really changed,they are just using it to better effect now to try and get some results......

The plod have had these powers for a long time,just not used them widely before...
Old 26-01-2006, 04:32 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Quite pathetic imo! Why crush the cars? Why not auction them off and put the money to use?

Because the scumbags would just go and buy em cheap from the auctions and the circle starts again...
Old 26-01-2006, 04:33 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Because to do that would require yet even more public sector departments. As daft as it sounds it would possibly end up costing more to organise they'd make from selling them. That and crushing the cars is pretty dramatic PR.

Edit: Plus nightdavvas' point.
Old 26-01-2006, 04:36 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I'm confused now.

When WarleyDaddy went to the police station the guy behind the desk said "its F*CKIN STUPID these new rules"

So it's actually nothing new then? It's just a new policy to tighten up on an existing law?
Old 26-01-2006, 04:40 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MWF
I'm confused now.

When WarleyDaddy went to the police station the guy behind the desk said "its F*CKIN STUPID these new rules"

So it's actually nothing new then? It's just a new policy to tighten up on an existing law?

Basically yes mate.........They have re-interpreted existing laws a little to give them the powers required to sieze the cars..
Old 26-01-2006, 04:56 PM
mk2rstaff
PassionFord Post Whore!!

seems a bit harsh have they got rid of the old 7 day producer then??
Old 26-01-2006, 05:10 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mk2rstaff
seems a bit harsh have they got rid of the old 7 day producer then??

No mate.......They a still using them as well,a lot of it is down to the discretion of the plod..

Mate of mine got pulled last week because his reg no was wrong(he`d made a typo when ordering the plates)but he had his old ones in the boot,also his car wasn`t coming up insured yet on the computer.....He did have his licence on him and the car was taxed,one of the dibbles wanted to impound the car but the other one(more senior i guess)fooked him off and gave my mate a producer......
Old 26-01-2006, 05:17 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Totally aggree lee, anauction would pay for itself give jobs to some people AND put a lot of money in the government coffers so they can reduce the road tax..
steve
Old 26-01-2006, 05:22 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by the youth
Totally aggree lee, anauction would pay for itself give jobs to some people AND put a lot of money in the government coffers so they can reduce the road tax..
Steve

Bollox mate.......

The auction value of most of these cars wouldn`t even cover the extortionate cost`s of a council/government department to administrate it...

We`d end up paying more fooking road tax to fund it ...
Old 26-01-2006, 05:46 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

And to think, the entire thing could be sorted so easily, although perhaps the government and their scamming cronies in insurance may not profit as much.

Add basic 3rd party and road tax to fuel, and abolish the current rip off fuel taxes.

So simple, everyone that uses fuel, is covered. The more you use, the more you pay.
Old 26-01-2006, 05:53 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Add basic 3rd party and road tax to fuel, and abolish the current rip off fuel taxes.

So simple, everyone that uses fuel, is covered. The more you use, the more you pay.
So where would all the money that currently comes from fuel tax come from then? Or are you just joking?
Old 26-01-2006, 06:08 PM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 26-01-2006, 07:43 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by MWF

So where would all the money that currently comes from fuel tax come from then? Or are you just joking?
Where it should. Income tax.

As it is, the motorists fund the running of the entire country. Why ??? Isnt that what income tax is suppoosed to do ?? where the working population fund everything via income tax ??

Why is it the motorists get nailed every time ??

There are plenty of people who work, and choose not to own cars, so they live a life paying considerably less in taxes compared to someone who owns a car.
Old 26-01-2006, 07:49 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

To add....

Tax on fuel pushes the price of everything up. From food, to electronic goods, and public transport etc. Everything relies on transport one way or another.
The more tax on fuel, the more everything costs. And it is everything. The country is reliant on its transport system, yet it penalises anyone who wants to use it.
That doesnt make a lot of sense.

So if Income tax was increased heavily, and fuel tax abolished, yes we might earn less, but the price of everything else should also drop.
The cost of living in general should drop.

I'm by no means a mathematics expert, but it seems fairly simple to me.
Old 26-01-2006, 09:39 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by MWF

Where it should. Income tax.

As it is, the motorists fund the running of the entire country. Why ??? Isnt that what income tax is suppoosed to do ?? where the working population fund everything via income tax ??

Why is it the motorists get nailed every time ??

There are plenty of people who work, and choose not to own cars, so they live a life paying considerably less in taxes compared to someone who owns a car.
Those are pretty powerful points, very interesting.
Old 27-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by nightdavva

Because the scumbags would just go and buy em cheap from the auctions and the circle starts again...
they would just but another car..makes no odds...at leat auctioning em gets money to pay the fookers that have to go round collecting the cars etc...instead of us taxpayers coughing up for the scum even more
Old 27-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by MWF
Because to do that would require yet even more public sector departments. As daft as it sounds it would possibly end up costing more to organise they'd make from selling them. That and crushing the cars is pretty dramatic PR.

Edit: Plus nightdavvas' point.
just resd this reply before posting my last one!

Ok, GIVE them to a charity org that can auction them...
Old 27-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To add....

Tax on fuel pushes the price of everything up. From food, to electronic goods, and public transport etc. Everything relies on transport one way or another.
The more tax on fuel, the more everything costs. And it is everything. The country is reliant on its transport system, yet it penalises anyone who wants to use it.
That doesnt make a lot of sense.

So if Income tax was increased heavily, and fuel tax abolished, yes we might earn less, but the price of everything else should also drop.
The cost of living in general should drop.

I'm by no means a mathematics expert, but it seems fairly simple to me.
what he said.
Old 27-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

There all out at the moment, The old People's van dept is FULL with Boxsters, BMW330ci Coupe's, Mercs.....All clamped with stickers on saying No Tax, No MOT or No Insurance.
Old 27-01-2006, 08:11 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The part of the regulations that give the power to remove uninsured vehicles is basically brand new legislation.

The no tax has been around for a while but is not as straight forward.

Also it may help to understand that in the eyes of the law the onus is on the driver to prove they have a licence/insurance as this is a fact peculiarly in their knowledge.
Old 27-01-2006, 08:33 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

As always with motoring law. The motorist is 100% guilty of everything, unless they can prove themselves innocent.
Old 27-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

They should just send them all to auction with no reserve to raise money to go back into the budget for road maintenice!! Wont cost more in departmental money as they could get shot of the scrapping one. Plus the money they raise can go towards paying that department, instead of paying the scrap man to crush them
Old 27-01-2006, 08:48 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Its my understanding that if the car is not claimed back then if the value is below Ł1000 its crushed.

If its above this figure then it is sold at auction, but, the money is then given back to the driver minus the costs of removal & storage.

I may yet stand corrected over the figure of Ł1000 but its around that mark.
Old 27-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS FOOK ME THE POLICE KNOW IF YOU HAVE
INSURANCE OR NOT THAY CAN NOW CHECK ON THERE SYSTEM WHEN
DOING A PMC CHECK

next time thay pull you over tel them thay will know by checking themself
for fooks sake all thay have to do is ask when doing a pmc check thay dont even have to stop you
Old 27-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Right, If the nice policeman pulls you over and asks you to show him your documents and you do not have them on you. And he says that he will need to seize your car because you can't prove you're insured ask him to PROVE THAT YOU ARE NOT INSURED. Simple answer is he can't.

It's one of these things that unless you know what to say the police will drag you down to station and make things difficult. A policman cannot accuse you of commiting an offence without PROOF.

I run a fleet of lorries right, now they are all on one insurance policy, how can each of my lorries have an original set of documents on board. They can't, I only have one policy and it is kept in my office.

At the moment all things like MOT's (Some of you may have seen the new ones) and insurance are all getting stored on 1 big Sooooper Computer which links into the Police/ VOSA System. When a police car 'sees' your car and your insurance company is not linked up yet it will show as having no insurance because it is not yet on the computer database. This will be why some people will get a pull.

Well that's the way it's (supposed to be) working up in Scotland so I can't see you lot down south being any different.

As long as you know you have done no wrong there is nothing to fear.

SMG
Old 27-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

if they auctioned the car's theyd outsource it. THATS where the money qould be spent, outsourcing companies (like the one i work for ) spending all our money on the taxpayer's expense
Old 27-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the insurance thing IS flawed though

what about traders policys and not to mention the companys that are SELF insured,,,,,,,,,, we dont have insurance at ford as we dont need it due to our money we have,,,,,,,,,,, what happens there ????

sorry guys but the idea is a good one that is to get rid of old shite,,,,,,, then its gonna be like the car tax rules where there gonna sting the inocent people for not following the rules even though there cars not been on the road
Old 27-01-2006, 11:27 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by b19bal
the insurance thing IS flawed though

what about traders policys and not to mention the companys that are SELF insured,,,,,,,,,, we dont have insurance at ford as we dont need it due to our money we have,,,,,,,,,,, what happens there ????

sorry guys but the idea is a good one that is to get rid of old shite,,,,,,, then its gonna be like the car tax rules where there gonna sting the inocent people for not following the rules even though there cars not been on the road
Trade or fleet policies must list every vehicle that is to require cover. They have done since about 2003

Any vehicle in their posession for more than 14 days MUST be passed on to the insurer in writing, otherwise it wont be covered..
http://www.miic.org.uk/fleet/index.htm

The tax is a joke. Sooner or later they will pass laws that make every car illegal, and the only way out is to pay huge fines.

Quick Reply: Shocking what i seen today !!!!!!!!!!!!