General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

police t*****s

Search this Thread

Old 25-01-2006, 07:20 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default police t*****s

one of my dads mate just been to see him

this morning he woke up to realise that some
a/holes had stole the spoiler offf of his
M3 but lets just say it wasn't a tidy job
they just ripped it off and totally
f****d the paintwork on the tailgate and back
bumper.

he called the police at 7.30am they arrived at
9.45am.

when they asked what happened he told them that the spoiler had been stolen off the M3,

the coppers answer to this was,

is it really that big a deal it was only a spoiler the cars still here

my dads mate replied with big f*****g deal of course its a big deal look at the state of the F*****G car

the copper then told him that if he swore again he was getting charged with braech of peace and wasting police time.

this is what were up against what chance have you got against the theiving scum.

basically he's not a happy man
Old 25-01-2006, 07:22 PM
petermintrst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bloody prats! its no suprise though, it ma pay off to start stealing stuff. at least theives dont get patronised like the victims!
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

letter to the police complaints authority will do niceley
Greg Shepherd
Chasing Radders

some fucking coppers are a total disgrace and should not be wearing a uniform
Old 25-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

To be honest, theres no point in calling the Police anyway. Whilst its a crime, and you'll need a crime number for your insurance (if he bothers) but its not what the Police need to be spending time on. Would much rather they were out pursuing Rapists and Murderers instead of standing looking at a mullered bootlid.

And lets try and get some semblance of balance. They've probably seen a murder victim whose been stabbed 20 times. A spoiler ripped off a nice car isn't anywhere near the same urgency. Remember the joke about the yuppie whose arm gets ripped off in a car accident and all he cares about is his Rolex...
Old 25-01-2006, 07:24 PM
mk2rstaff
PassionFord Post Whore!!

we also pay there wages too them fooks need to remember that. it really annoys me when the normal folk cant get any help from our supposedly good ol boys in blue
Old 25-01-2006, 07:26 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it is a f*****g disgrace

sometimes you think the police are on these t*****s
sides

it pisses me off payin taxes for these clowns

everyone would be better theiving stuff cos you dnt
seem to get any bother

it;s the person who has had somthing nicked that gets the hastle

Old 25-01-2006, 07:27 PM
saffsta
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Graceland
Yeah spot on the car may still be there but a theft has still taken place and they have basically gone against their principles of serve and protect, wouldnt surprise me if they had done it themselves
Old 25-01-2006, 07:31 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

there all the same round my way

they overtook me in a 30mph zone
on monday night with the blue's n two's
going,

i couldn't believe it when i saw them going in to the chip shop
for there dinner.
Old 25-01-2006, 07:33 PM
LEE-RS
Custom

do the fooking same to them rip there fooking lights off when they say your nicked are lights your under arrest say a whats the big deal it was only your fooking lights the cars still here
Old 25-01-2006, 07:36 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i would love to see there faces

lee they would be proper pissed

Old 25-01-2006, 07:48 PM
LEE-RS
Custom

yeah if anything happend to there cars they would be there in a flash its just what there like tho
Old 25-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Graceland
Exactly

Hope your dads mate got the tossers, err, I mean officers badge number - as I would be right down the local plod asking to see the c*ntstable in charge Drop the twat right in it.

And it's got nothing to do with it being a car or anything - it's to do with the fact you have been a victim of crime, and had some of your personal property stolen and damaged. Doesn't matter if it was a 20p garden knome or a Ł50,000 Beemer - it's still theft whatever way you cut it!!!
Old 25-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich_w
To be honest, theres no point in calling the Police anyway. Whilst its a crime, and you'll need a crime number for your insurance (if he bothers) but its not what the Police need to be spending time on. Would much rather they were out pursuing Rapists and Murderers instead of standing looking at a mullered bootlid.

And lets try and get some semblance of balance. They've probably seen a murder victim whose been stabbed 20 times. A spoiler ripped off a nice car isn't anywhere near the same urgency. Remember the joke about the yuppie whose arm gets ripped off in a car accident and all he cares about is his Rolex...
What a complete load of bollocks.

The officers need a kick up the arse. It's a crime and should be dealt with in a proffesional manner. There aren't that many rapes and murders so that line is complete bull shit The nub of the problem is very simple theft from motor vehicles just isn't seen as a big deal as they have little chance of catxhing an offender so it does the arrest figures no good at all, unlike, say speeding motorists Easy to catch with little chance of them actually having to get their hands dirty doing what they used to call police work

I would write to the police complaints comitte and your local paper as well as your MP
Old 25-01-2006, 07:54 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

exactly mate

it's his hard earned cash thats been nicked and vandalised and
it will nee to be his hard end cash that pays for the damages

Old 25-01-2006, 08:05 PM
rallycross
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sadly it does seem like more and more are real arses these days; with very poor judgement.

My most recent incident was getting 'chased' up a residential street (they had the blue lights on, were on the wrong side of the road in a 20 mph zone in the dark at 6.30 rush hour). I was in traffic doing probably 20 mph same as everyone else.

And what was the reason for this? One of my headlight bulbs was out, so I was on sidelights on one side and a headlight on the other.

Should have asked them what they'd have done if a pedestrian had walked out in front of them as they proceeded in hot pursuit mode after me.
Old 25-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

The double standards are disgusting. How many times have you had the speeding being dangerous lecture from a patronising plod? I have followed a marked car with no blues on through a 30mph zone. I was doing 55mph and he was easily pulling away from me. Bear in mind the plod in the Astra's have no additional driver training like the traffic boys
Old 25-01-2006, 08:51 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the problem is when you know u have done feck all
wrong and you dnt agree with them

they start all this breach of peace piss

gets on my nerves

Old 25-01-2006, 08:58 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Oranoco

What a complete load of bollocks.

The officers need a kick up the arse. It's a crime and should be dealt with in a proffesional manner. There aren't that many rapes and murders so that line is complete bull shit The nub of the problem is very simple theft from motor vehicles just isn't seen as a big deal as they have little chance of catxhing an offender so it does the arrest figures no good at all, unlike, say speeding motorists Easy to catch with little chance of them actually having to get their hands dirty doing what they used to call police work

I would write to the police complaints comitte and your local paper as well as your MP

exactly wot I thought
Old 25-01-2006, 09:03 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i agree oranoco mate

between them and the theivin t*****s
i dnt know who's worse

there all a waste of cum

Old 25-01-2006, 09:09 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Stupid cunts, end of the day their job is to deal with CRIME no matter how big or small.

Originally Posted by steviecossie
there all the same round my way

they overtook me in a 30mph zone
on monday night with the blue's n two's
going,

i couldn't believe it when i saw them going in to the chip shop
for there dinner.
PMSFL how good would that of been on camera!!!!
Old 25-01-2006, 09:11 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

they would probably have denied it and said
there was a disturbance at the chip shop

i hope there dinner was burnt

Old 25-01-2006, 09:11 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Not siding with them, but TBH they know theres NO chance of finding them. Still shouldn't have said that, but the job is hard and everyone gives them grief no matter what. Wouldn't do it for double what they earn and without them we'd be fucked
Old 25-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Just exactly did your dad expect the police to do? You say they ripped the spoiler off, so there wouldn't be any prints or did he expect SOCO out to scour the area for clues and if they found footprints, what good would that do?

Petty crime like this is a drain on police resources, calling them out, especially when they can do feck all about it.

It's the state that this country is now in.
Old 25-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Kissmyass

So your saying Redkop that IF your Cosworth gets damaged or parts stolen you will not bother our over stretched police force with such a trivial crime. Instead you will just dig into your own pocket for the repairs and just say '' Oh well thats life ""..
Oh the tears

Originally Posted by Redkop
Just exactly did your dad expect the police to do? You say they ripped the spoiler off, so there wouldn't be any prints or did he expect SOCO out to scour the area for clues and if they found footprints, what good would that do?

Petty crime like this is a drain on police resources, calling them out, especially when they can do feck all about it.

Old 25-01-2006, 09:45 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

that is absolute shit
Old 25-01-2006, 09:48 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Kissmyass
So your saying Redkop that IF your Cosworth gets damaged or parts stolen you will not bother our over stretched police force with such a trivial crime. Instead you will just dig into your own pocket for the repairs and just say '' Oh well thats life ""..
Oh the tears

Reporting it wont save you money. I've had damage done and not reported it because I knew it would do F A. Think about it, if you get that pissed off by having someone steal a part, think what it would be like if they could do what they wanted and there was no one to call
Old 25-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Redkop

I would do the only thing that's logically possible as Rich w said, inform the police and get a crime number and then claim off my insurance.

Perhaps you could try & explain just what you would expect the police to actually do, if they came out - other than look at a spoiler ripped off a boot.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
Old 25-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Fast Guy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

To be honest, theres no point in calling the Police anyway.
Yes and No. True they can't realy do much, but it's also worth reporting it because it won't be the only car the little shite has done and if noone reports it, how many cars will he do before he gets caught and at a cost of how many thousands to the owners
Old 25-01-2006, 10:33 PM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Have to agree with Redkop on this one. By posting it on here, you are inviting opinions anyway.

Also there could be slight discrepencies in the information as it is now third hand and someone who is irrate doesnt always remember the full events acurately.

Based on what you have written though. The Police turned up in just over 2 hours. Now where I lived in the UK, normal suburb, average size town not city, we would have been 20-30minutes from the Police station. They are already understaffed and that is aside from the fact that an RTA or something similar could be using the bulk of the resources. Personal opinion, not a bad response time to that crime.

Secondly assuming that was how the Policeman said that line "is it really a big deal.........." is not good. Agree with you on that.

Then to be sworn at regardless of the situation, of course he is going to jump on his high horse. Most probably his way of difusing the situation.

Put it this way, you are a Policeman, you go to your dads friends house to find someone naturally angry but there isnt anything you are going to say that will make him happy.

IMO, he is insured, it is a genuine claim, use what he has paid for over the years. Best thing the Police can do is look for patterns in the behaviour of car damage and theft.

Alternatively, what would you do as a Policeman once you had recieved the initial call from your dads mate?
Old 25-01-2006, 10:37 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

It's actually very worth while reporting!

As said above, it may not be the only car the thief tampered with
Someone could of been lifted at the end of the street with an M3 spoiler, if it's unreported then the person could get let off, and your spoiler wont be coming back to the car!

I dont feel it's an urgent call out, so 2hours for a stolen spoiler you cant really moan about, obviously other worse crimes are priority, but when they have been dealt with the less serious crimes are dealt with.

People that think it's a waste of time are the ones who help people get away with the shit they do, some coppers might tell you its a waste of police time, but theyre the ones not doing their job properly, the ones that are will thank you and tell you every little helps.

Police dont actually state anywhere "only report serious crimes, any petty crimes are a waste of our time and we are not interested"

edited to say Why do the police sometimes take finger prints from these small crimes if they are a waste of time and they cant ever do anything?
Each to their own as they say!
Old 26-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Get his number and report him to his Inspectoe - dick head!
Old 26-01-2006, 01:21 PM
JimmyFlo
Part of the Furniture

the car wasn't speeding mate so therfore they wouldnt do anything
Old 26-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Redkop and Richw, u pair of fucking tits, if I came down and smashed your cars up but got away with out anyone seeing me, would u just leave it, for all u know it could the the most recent in a long line of spoiler thefts and the police may want it for future evidence, and what if, just what if by some chance, the little bastards left any DNA or prints on the car, .....still not worth reporting , stfu
Old 26-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
Redkop and Richw, u pair of fucking tits, if I came down and smashed your cars up but got away with out anyone seeing me, would u just leave it, for all u know it could the the most recent in a long line of spoiler thefts and the police may want it for future evidence, and what if, just what if by some chance, the little bastards left any DNA or prints on the car, .....still not worth reporting , stfu
You're the fucking tit mate with a capital T. They are hardly likely to leave fingerprints if they ripped it off - are they now?

What future evidence can be gained from seeing a spoiler ripped from a car? Also read what I said carefully dumbo, I said I would report it to the police and get a crime number

Jesus, you plough in with brain not engaged when you haven't even read the thread properly! Get a grip with reality.
Old 26-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And what about the rest of the car , aint there a slight chance that a print maybe on that. The kid comes on and thats the best u can say to him
Old 26-01-2006, 02:46 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I agree with Redkop.

And reading what's said on here makes you realise why some police do have bad attitudes.

It's society that's the problem, no point mouthing off at an understaffed police force that has to deal with it.

steviecossie - Sorry to hear what happened to your dads car, that is really unfair.
Old 26-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well see if u still feel the same when it happens to your car
Old 26-01-2006, 02:53 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

And what about the rest of the car , aint there a slight chance that a print maybe on that. The kid comes on and thats the best u can say to him
You need to understand just how complex this is.

To actually dust down for finger prints is a nightmare. Especially something that's outdoors. The police would probably dozens all around the car from various people who have touched it recently. They may find they have some on record but this is not enough to convict someone. They then have to go out on the case of trying to chase where the spoiler might have gone. They may have some leads and they may arrest someone. -if- they have grounds to search that persons property they may find a spoiler. Then they need to go through the process of proving it matches the car and proving that the guy they have arrested actually stole it. He could have legitimately bought stolen goods off the real criminal without knowing it.

It's all so in depth and complex it's a nightmare. They could do it, but it would cost us all a fortune in taxes.
Old 26-01-2006, 02:54 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Well see if u still feel the same when it happens to your car
It has. I came out one day to find the boot of my car had been ripped open and someone had helped themselves to the sub and amp in there.

My dad also had his car stolen once and also his stereo taken via the window.

Quick Reply: police t*****s