General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: Who is the best mobile network for coverage/signal/service?
O2
40.00%
ORANGE
22.22%
T-MOBILE
4.44%
VODAFONE
28.89%
4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Who is the best mobile network for coverage/signal/service?

Search this Thread

Old 23-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe i will have to stop with o2 then

still gonna port the number to orange or summat, and then go back with my pac code, as you ALWAYS get a better deal as a new customer

thanks for the replies by the way, havent had chance to check recently as been very busy with work.

Old 23-01-2006, 11:42 PM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Had One-2-One for a while a few years back and had no end of problems sending texts/reception and the same with Orange. This was back in 2000 though so things could have improved. Brother has had Vodafone for 8 years and had no probs. I found BT (o2) really good for reception but wouldnt know about pricing. I am with the main equivilant carrier here (Telstra) and seldom struggle and travel with it and global roaming on a fair bit.
Old 24-01-2006, 07:41 AM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

Reception can be very localised in terms of how well your voice calls work. But on the whole, O2 have THE best GMS (2G) network. We hit 200 mpd before xmas (minutes per drop) over the whole network which is 10% better than our own personal best of 180 in 2003, which is another 10% better than anyone else has ever achived.

Our focus is now with the customers, putting heavy investment in our customer services and retail stores and I have noticed the difference being a customer myself. And as a result of this investment O2 where clearly ahead of the rest of the field in a recent customer satisfaction survey.

If its 3G coverage your after (why cos its crap lol) then your probably better off with Voda or orange but if u want good solid GSM coverage with the option of using 3G in the major cities O2 is the best choice. And no i dont work in marketing :P

There’s quite a few new technology’s coming in the near future, and O2 will be at the forefront of them all. Especially with our recent take over from Telephonica.