General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

are all police cars equipid with cctv or camras

Search this Thread

Old 16-12-2005, 04:26 PM
abdr500
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are all police cars equipid with cctv or camras

are all police cars equiped with cctv or camra .does it make a differnce if you refuse to sign the producer and ther witnes statment
Old 16-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Rossco
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No dont think the adverage town plod cars are
Old 16-12-2005, 04:32 PM
abdr500
PassionFord Post Whore!!

so they cant prove if i was ther
Old 16-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Jimboxr4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

In answer to your questions: No, no and no.
Old 16-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Stealth Bomber
PassionFord Post Troll

Traffic police only I'd have thought, oh and them "Caught on Camera" vans they trawl around town on a Saturday night
Old 16-12-2005, 04:48 PM
abdr500
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it was a astra one .fair play they pulled me up i was doing a favor for a m8 .car had no tax or mot and was taking it to a mot station he was folwing me behind in his car i cant say no as he is a very close friend and will do the same for me
Old 16-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Unfortunately mate it will be your word against theirs and the court always goes in favour of the plod because of their proffesional opinion even if they are lying through their teeth
Old 16-12-2005, 05:11 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fuck Um

Mike
Old 16-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Neil S
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Unfortunately mate it will be your word against theirs and the court always goes in favour of the plod because of their proffesional opinion even if they are lying through their teeth
Come on dude, he was driving with no MOT, tax and probably insurance - he deserves 'it', and probably will get 'it'!

Neil.
Old 16-12-2005, 05:19 PM
weblefeck
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

was the MOT pre booked? As long as u're insured in some way! Bingo! No problems
Old 16-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil S
Originally Posted by Oranoco
Come on dude, he was driving with no MOT, tax and probably insurance - he deserves 'it', and probably will get 'it'!

Neil.
I'm reserving comment on this particular point. My statement was meant in general as I know a member of this board who stood in court and watched coppers lying their arses off.
Old 16-12-2005, 06:30 PM
NC53
Regular Contributor

If the MOT was prearranged, that will cover you for both MOT and tax. You will still need to produce insurance though. Check your insurance certificate as you may have a driver extension i.e. entitlement to drive another vehicle not owned or hired to you, as long as you do so with the owner's consent.

Other than that, I think you're buggered unless you go to court for the no insurance/MOT/tax offences and the Police are unable to identify you as the driver. At the end of the day, it's up to the prosecution to prove its case but I think you will have to be very lucky for the case to collapse on an id issue.

NEIL
Old 16-12-2005, 07:03 PM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by NC53
If the MOT was prearranged, that will cover you for both MOT and tax. You will still need to produce insurance though. Check your insurance certificate as you may have a driver extension i.e. entitlement to drive another vehicle not owned or hired to you, as long as you do so with the owner's consent.
Yes, but that vehicle still needs to have some form of insurance by someone else, i.e the owner.

Other than that, I think you're buggered unless you go to court for the no insurance/MOT/tax offences and the Police are unable to identify you as the driver. At the end of the day, it's up to the prosecution to prove its case but I think you will have to be very lucky for the case to collapse on an id issue.

Good luck...
Old 16-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been said, get a mate who does mot to confirm it was pre booked and hope ya got a proper insurance

job done, otherwise its 100 quid fine for no tax ( unless back tax is greater) and 200 quid for no Insuance and 6 points aswell as another 30 quid for no MOT , yes 30 quid fine just like a seat belt

btw only a fool drives a car with no tax as police cars have a system fitted to there cars round our way that scans vehicle reg's for any info outstanding aswell (failing to stop or complains ect) as well as car tax,,,,,,

when they tug you the PNC check will confirm if the car is noted as insured and if not then you get a producer,,,,,,,, even if you refuse to fill it in they still will do ya

otherwise all murderers/rapists/nonces will get off for not agreeing to sign there charge form

dont worry though as the only endorsable one is the insurance, the rest are the same as a parking ticket but customs and excise is the correct way to think of the car tax man

and DO NOT FUCK WITH HIM
Old 17-12-2005, 08:39 AM
weblefeck
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by adamS2RST
Originally Posted by NC53
Yes, but that vehicle still needs to have some form of insurance by someone else, i.e the owner.
yeah what he said!