General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Patriotism

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Katie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Rapid 1
Oh and Katie I take it your view of the original post is YES we should be better educated to the needs of other race/religions in this country

And basically do more to make them feel wanted

At home maybe

even if means we have to change our ways

I wouldve thought that most people espescially immigrants living here WANT to live here because of our ways
I don't think we should change our ways....we can still carry on wearing our flags etc..I feel thats excessive political correctness....but I do feel it's our duty to not judge people, if we are not prepared to find some evidence to base our judgements on....by the same token that you wouldn't call someone fat if you hadn't met them...don't scrutinize somebodys religious views if you aren't prepared to take a few minutes to ask them about them....etc...people would rather you ask them a question about it than form a view on it...

If someone wants to live and work here, I believe they should make the effort to learn the language and integrate.....but sometimes that means being allowed to integrate and not being shut out.... by that I mean by stigma....ie the muslim religious stigma for example....
Old 03-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Katie

Everything we are ever taught, is something that someone before us decided and proved to others....''2+2=4'' is logical....but how can it be proven...same with the 'big bang' theory...and theories where fairies made the earth with pink glittery dust....
I'll learn things that will get me through my life now.....if that includes learning RS to get on with other people so be it...if it means learning biology to understand how people think the human body works....also fine...

I'm not going to spend my life trying to disregard other peoples religious beliefs on the grounds that mine must scientifically be right. One day I might wake up to find something is proven, that I never believed....who knows.....fucks sake this is getting a bit philosophical lol
Old 03-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this has gone DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

on a saturday night too,
Old 03-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by b19bal
this has gone DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

on a saturday night too,
that must be your shortest, most coherant reply yet mate,
I understood every word....
Old 03-12-2005, 10:00 PM
The Rapid 1
Advanced PassionFord User

ye way too deep for me, have already admitted my ignorrance to certain things, think that will be my lot for the night
Old 03-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank fook as that was longer than my posts
Old 03-12-2005, 10:12 PM
The Rapid 1

now now dont stretch things
Old 04-12-2005, 04:59 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have many black and asian freinds not a problem with me

actually we slag abda down SAYING does MY BOMB LOOK BIG in this coat

shit happens ..the worlds gone mad

BUT MATES ARE MATES.. ALWAYS ...

STATE OF MIND IMHO
Old 04-12-2005, 05:22 AM
Snowy_Astra

I agree totally, i aint gonna go into it on how things
*should* be according to what we are told, i want life and society to be based on one sentace 'If you wouldn't like it done to you, don't do it to others'

All i want is to live my life without problems, I want to earn an honest living, i want to get on with everyone, i don't want to fear who is out there planning wrong against me, i want to have nice things like my car without it getting damaged, and most of all, i would like it for EVERYONE regardless of race colour religeon, social status, class etc etc to be treated EQUALLY on all grounds.

Old 04-12-2005, 06:55 AM
Poom
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Snowy_Astra
I agree totally, i aint gonna go into it on how things
*should* be according to what we are told, i want life and society to be based on one sentace 'If you wouldn't like it done to you, don't do it to others'

All i want is to live my life without problems, I want to earn an honest living, i want to get on with everyone, i don't want to fear who is out there planning wrong against me, i want to have nice things like my car without it getting damaged, and most of all, i would like it for EVERYONE regardless of race colour religeon, social status, class etc etc to be treated EQUALLY on all grounds.

Agreed!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:03 AM
starturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I personally would like to live my life without being told by the government what to wear,drink,eat,what to say and not what to say.My freedom of speech has disappeared and so is my tax money helping in part,asylum seekers get a house/car/income without getting off their ass.I have spent all of my life until very recently not caring a hoot about any of the above but there comes a time when you think enough is enough.If you come here to this country to avoid being persecuted/killed then please do not tell me that I cannot fly a flag outside my door or celebrate christmas with all others.You learn our language and beliefs and if you dont like it then go back to where you came from.Oh and for all the politically correct t*ssers out there I have 2 words for the lot of you.F**K OFF.Stop Forcing your crap down peoples throats .I for one have had enough.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Stealth Bomber
PassionFord Post Troll

Best thing I have read in months!