General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Patriotism

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was about to blame stu personally and his fucking union jack
Old 03-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

i'm English through and through. its not that i dont like the other countries that are part of the UK, i love them and the people that i know from them, its just i am not Scottish, Welsh or Irish!
Old 03-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

23rd of arpil,i got very pissed.and iam english.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

finally someone knew

where do you go to celebrate it, i STILL start at the british legion

theres a pub up near edgeware called the St George, looks a fooking proper too, think i might have to start there that day and meet my pals there
Old 03-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

unfortunatly i was one of the few who knew,told the girlfriend i was going out to celebrate and you know what she said, st who?,nearly dumped her i kid you not.i had a st georges cross on my polo shirt sleeve and tried to get in a club and the doorman said no because of it,(the owner is of ethnic origin and i really hope this had nothing to do with there policy),so had to put it on inside out,right in front of the doorman,i was wound up and boozy though and i think he decided against confrontation.

it should be a national holiday for the english,it is and always will be for me.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

im NEVER without a rose on st georges day, they celebrate it in fucking malta belive it or not

thats another posability that i might go there for it and celebrate it with people who actually belive in it( well not the story though as thats just silly )

my local(ish since i moved) butcher celebrates it the proper way, hes a yorkshire man, proper bloke too, he dresses as St George that day

im ashamed at all the people i know that call me to celebrate st patricks night aswell ( i celebrate that day but with people who know st georges day or have celebrated it with me before )
Old 03-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Matt J
I reckon they ought to do some national service before their granted asylum/residancy
what like bomb Iraq first , "prove you love to the cross"
Old 03-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Anonymous
Banned

i think they should bring back national service for everyone anyway like it used to be...maybe some people will grow up and not be such arseholes...but who knows
Old 03-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

diamonds you DO read what you post at times dont you
Old 03-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Old 03-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Damo V
Think you will find the Union Flag (Jack) is a symbolisation of all FOUR countrys within the UK.. England Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland, though Wales isn't physically represented.. Well in theory it is as Wales was registered as part of England in 1500's (thereofre we OWN them )... which made Wales a "principality" NOT a kingdom

Also The Union Flag became known and recognised as the Union Jack in the 20th century by parliament, regardless of whether it is hoisted upon the Bow of a Royal Navy ship or not .
Correct mate!
Old 03-12-2005, 06:00 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Poom

Whycan it not be the same here? "Human rights"

It seems anybody who was born outside of the UK or whatever has more of them in the UK than Brits!

seems so true
Old 03-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by The Rapid 1
and we all know how the indian women are treated in their own religion
Right - i dont usually get involved in this sort of crap but this time i feel i must say summat!

How do you know what indian women are treated like in their religion?

The fact that your getting confused between indians & muslims shows me that your ignorant towards other races.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Anonymous
Banned

been watching east is east too much i think..

"i send for bloody 1st wife"
Old 03-12-2005, 07:38 PM
The Rapid 1
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by AJ
Right - i dont usually get involved in this sort of crap but this time i feel i must say summat!

The fact that your getting confused between indians & muslims shows me that your ignorant towards other races.
YES, never denied it, I posted on a subject like this before, and on that post did actually say I dont know what race religion does what exact things.

I wont apologise for my lack of knowledge of OTHER NATIONS beliefs and practices

As the post says why should I have an interest in learning about other cultures, if others want to live here why force their cultures upon us.

As far as the women thing, they are by at least another one race, treated as second class, and not even allowed to show their faces in public etc, Im sure that there is some better educated people than me on here that could give more details if they were to want to speak and not affraid of being thought racist

I do not feel as if I am racist and get on with loads of the different religions and races of people at work, I indeed interviewed for a job as my work mate and took on a Ugandan for the job, I treat each person as I find regardless of race or colour, as I said earlier I believe Religion is the real problem, and to us as Brits who dont really follow our religion of Christiananity very well, we cant understand why others do, and as I also said earlier I do not believe in ANY GOD so deffinately cant understand how a person can go blow himself and other inocents up because GOD told him to at the promise of going to heaven to have X amount of Virgins

Hope U can see im not having a racist attack on any nation or nationality, it more just an overal Religion thing
Old 03-12-2005, 07:41 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by Matt J
Agreed AJ, I work with a couple of Indian lads, neither of them were born here and they are both shit hot blokes, As you said mate people are getting confused between Indian and muslim.

Wasnt till I got talking to one of the Indian lads John that I realised how much they hate muslims! well he did anyway, dont knwo if its a national thing but he didnt have a good word to say about them
Exactly MY point they do hate each other to EXTREMES, Just because of their own religious beliefs , behind them (religions) None of us are any different, the extremes they go to are in my eyes beyond belief.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:45 PM
The Rapid 1

AJ I answered you, so maybe you could answer me, Yes I know you are not white but I dont hate you, never met you , dont know you, I dont know what religion you are, BUT do you believe in GOD (by whatever name he may be called), are you a practasing whatever religion.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by AJ

YES, never denied it, I posted on a subject like this before, and on that post did actually say I dont know what race religion does what exact things.

I wont apologise for my lack of knowledge of OTHER NATIONS beliefs and practices

As the post says why should I have an interest in learning about other cultures, if others want to live here why force their cultures upon us.

As far as the women thing, they are by at least another one race, treated as second class, and not even allowed to show their faces in public etc, Im sure that there is some better educated people than me on here that could give more details if they were to want to speak and not affraid of being thought racist

I do not feel as if I am racist and get on with loads of the different religions and races of people at work, I indeed interviewed for a job as my work mate and took on a Ugandan for the job, I treat each person as I find regardless of race or colour, as I said earlier I believe Religion is the real problem, and to us as Brits who dont really follow our religion of Christiananity very well, we cant understand why others do, and as I also said earlier I do not believe in ANY GOD so deffinately cant understand how a person can go blow himself and other inocents up because GOD told him to at the promise of going to heaven to have X amount of Virgins

Hope U can see im not having a racist attack on any nation or nationality, it more just an overal Religion thing
as you speak of 'better educated' people....which I would assume you would specify as 'less ignorant' on specific matters....such people would probably have the knowledge and wisdom not to categorise people on account of their religion...and rather on the person they are. Therefore they probably wouldn't have ''more details'' to give....

What you have demonstrated is a disrespect for other peoples culture....which shines out a lot more than anything you say about others...

A muslim reading this would see 'that man is an idiot' rather than 'all english people are idiots'.....but somehow you can't demonstrate the same skill of separation....

The bit that really made me wasd the fact you seem proud you hired a Ugandan....like you should be given some sort of victoria cross...fucks sake...the very idea you should mention it seems wrong.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:11 PM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Totally agree with the original statement. It affects me personally.

All the Politicaly corect users here, do you have to actually have any dealings with these imigrants and other races ?

I do and it isnt pleasant

In the factory where I work I am the minority

Lets start with the Religious part

The Mouslims WANT to come in and work on the 25 December cause it means nothing to them and they dont want to have to use a days holiday/not get paid for staying at home, ok fine you all say, let them work, but it aint that easy as most of em cant work unsupervised, they just idiots that work the lines (ye there are white english that are the same so not a racist comment) so they need the higher skilled people to go in and make the decissions for them or in my case fix the machinery that they break (you would not believe how many times you tell them not to throw a bucket of water over a motor, control panel etc ), oh and low and behold the company has agreed so they can come and work so so do we have to, regardless that a month ago they were all given time off for Ramadan

Language, we all been on the end of that, any time you walk into a corner shop , but at work just a couple of weeks ago an Asian QA was bought to tears by another Asian manager who berrated her infront of her OWN manager in their language, the girl told her boss she cant tell her exactly all and what he said, but part of it was that the girl would do what he wanted not what her boss wanted and we all know how the indian women are treated in their own religion

Habbits, when i go to the toilet i hope to find a reasonably clean toilet that i can sit on and use without feeling sick, well if you work arround an Asian comunity that dont happen because they dont sit on seats as that against there religion, they have to stand on the seats, which doesnt make for the best way of getting contents of ones body into the bowl , oh and due to the pressures on the seats they are normally broken, they cant even lift them and stand on the bowl for some reason, so if nothing else costs my company in keep replacing seats, and we aint talking about 1 a week either, BUT what can the company say about it, as it would be Racist, and being mainenance it is me that has to keep going replacing the seats

None of the above is racist just all truths, and as the original statement said if they want to be here fine but respect our ways, if not then find somewhere better.

PS personally am not religeous at all, and hate all religeon fullstop.GOD DOES NOT EXIST there was no one person/power that created earth it was created from scientific phenomina and events PROVEN, so that makes all religous events and beliefs, lies, LIES that create hatred and wars, there should be no need for it.

Without religeon the biggest problems we would then have would be the colour of peoples skin, which would be a lot easier to accept if they didnt have an argument about there beliefs being the right ones, as under that skin we are all flesh an blood breathing the same air, with our bodies working biologically the same way, I hate religion, race issues, and evrything connected, it should all come down to truths and science, all humans are equal and the same.

Rant over

Steve
Well said that man

The factory where i work there are 3 religions Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs
plus the numerous Africans we have there. I know how you feel as im part of the minority on the shop and it does make me feel abit intimidated even though it is my own country! They way i look at it what can one person do to make a change?
Old 03-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

AJ I answered you, so maybe you could answer me, Yes I know you are not white but I dont hate you, never met you , dont know you, I dont know what religion you are, BUT do you believe in GOD (by whatever name he may be called), are you a practasing whatever religion.
Yes i'll answer you, i do beleive in god & yes i practice my religion BUT i do it at home & i have never forced anything about my culture upon anyone!
The only people that force their religion upon people are jehovas witnesses!
Old 03-12-2005, 08:13 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by Katie
Originally Posted by AJ

as you speak of 'better educated' people....which I would assume you would specify as 'less ignorant' on specific matters....such people would probably have the knowledge and wisdom not to categorise people on account of their religion...and rather on the person they are. Therefore they probably wouldn't have ''more details'' to give....

What you have demonstrated is a disrespect for other peoples culture....which shines out a lot more than anything you say about others...

A muslim reading this would see 'that man is an idiot' rather than 'all english people are idiots'.....but somehow you can't demonstrate the same skill of separation....

The bit that really made me wasd the fact you seem proud you hired a Ugandan....like you should be given some sort of victoria cross...fucks sake...the very idea you should mention it seems wrong.

Like I said better educated on certain matters, I feel no need or want to educate myself on other cultures religion, NOR my supposed own Christiananity, NOW Katie you are a well educated girl, can you honestly say there is/was ever something called GOD that created the earth

Why should I want to mention I employed a Ugandan, BECAUSE lots of people will be reading this thinking I am a racist, I had the choice of 10 other people some white a couple of Mouslims/Indians (excuse my ignorance for not finding out) a couple of blacks i picked the one I thought I could work with and get along with the best, which hopefully proves im not some blinkered racist, uneducated and simple in my beliefs yes, sorry if my stupidity and ignorance offends you

Because of the way I feel and the way I had to be forced to have Religious Education at school (like that ever gonna help me get a job) I dont agree with kids (soon to be my own child) having to be educated in other nations beliefs and religions, and as already said dont believe they need education on our GOD in this country it all just NOT TRUE.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Anonymous
Banned

i dont force religion on anyone but...

Old 03-12-2005, 08:17 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by AJ
Yes i'll answer you, i do beleive in god & yes i practice my religion BUT i do it at home & i have never forced anything about my culture upon anyone!
The only people that force their religion upon people are jehovas witnesse's!

OK fair play to you answering

But surely you can guess my next statement

All thru this post I have been saying that God doesnt really exist, how can you in this modern day and age say you believe in GOD, still I dont know your religion, and your GOD, but in your religion did GOD not create the earth, where does he/she/it live, do they not perform miracles, etc all the normal type things GODS do in every religion

Oh and AJ, jehovas, aint my favourite religion either
Old 03-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by AJ

Like I said better educated on certain matters, I feel no need or want to educate myself on other cultures religion, NOR my supposed own Christiananity, NOW Katie you are a well educated girl, can you honestly say there is/was ever something called GOD that created the earth

Why should I want to mention I employed a Ugandan, BECAUSE lots of people will be reading this thinking I am a racist, I had the choice of 10 other people some white a couple of Mouslims/Indians (excuse my ignorance for not finding out) a couple of blacks i picked the one I thought I could work with and get along with the best, which hopefully proves im not some blinkered racist, uneducated and simple in my beliefs yes, sorry if my stupidity and ignorance offends you

Because of the way I feel and the way I had to be forced to have Religious Education at school (like that ever gonna help me get a job) I dont agree with kids (soon to be my own child) having to be educated in other nations beliefs and religions, and as already said dont believe they need education on our GOD in this country it all just NOT TRUE.
As above, you still haven't changed my view on the Ugandan comment, if anything you have made it worse by describing the ethnicity of every candidate....what you should say, is you picked the best candidate...their colour shouldn't even be a mentionable for the fact that it doesn't assist them in the job.??

As for the religious education....many of the most racist of people (excluding the extremists of the BNP and such like) are people who have lacked the cultural education and knowledge of others.....
For example...before people were educated otherwise here....a matter of years ago...women were denied the vote.

Only thing that overcomes ignorance and racism is education, it's at the root of change for the better. If you don't know about different people, you aren't going to like them. I'm grateful wholefully for the perception by my parents than I should learn these things, and with such keeping me in RS lessons however trivial they may seem at the time.

As far as it goes legally you can pull your child from all religious lessons in school.....so there's an option....but personally I feel the less we know about people, the more extremist people...(from whatever creed or denomination) can put ideas into our heads that everyone who doesn't conform is somehow wrong and should be victimised....
Old 03-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Anonymous
Banned

can i have the short version of this thread?
Old 03-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by diamonds
can i have the short version of this thread?
just text 'never ending thread' to 88855 and recieve sms alerts until you're about 70
Old 03-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Anonymous
Banned

excellent.......... I GOT THE POWER!

do they come with naked chicks?
Old 03-12-2005, 08:28 PM
The Rapid 1

Katie, too large quotes now

But you still never answered my question, does GOD exist ?

You can keep trying to make me look bad for employing a black man, or my reasons for mentioning it, I dont really care, and as you would like me to say politicaly correctly as the educated type do, had nothing to do with how good at his job he would be or what qualifications he come with, I could teach him these things, what i wanted was a person I would get along well with, which is what I employed him for.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Anonymous
Banned

yeh he does exist.......he was behind the couch all along
Old 03-12-2005, 08:37 PM
The Rapid 1

Was he, was he the one that told the 9/11 or 7/7 murderers to go kill innocent people
Old 03-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Katie

You can keep trying to make me look bad for employing a black man, or my reasons for mentioning it, I dont really care, and as you would like me to say politicaly correctly as the educated type do, had nothing to do with how good at his job he would be or what qualifications he come with, I could teach him these things, what i wanted was a person I would get along well with, which is what I employed him for.
I could give you a very long winded personal perspective on this.

I'm not a religious person, but many people find sanctuary in religion where many other things caese to provide such things....
Whilst I may not believe that god is a giant with a large cloud penetrating hand, dressed in a cotton Toga....I do believe that the idea of religion, belief, faith and hope are tremendously important aspects of life.
Without such things, there wouldn't be a sense of humanity I don't think. The idea of pleasing god, seems to coincide with the idea (in christianity and buddhism especially) of pleasing others. This can never be a bad thing. Having something faith related to pull you through times of trouble and stress and to pray to enhance your feeling of self can't be a bad thing.
Whether when I'm scared or need some sort of reassurance I pray to ''god'' a symbol of christianity...or talk to some deep entity within myself from where I can obtain a sense of contentment is irrelevant.

So no, whilst I don't believe in any particular god, I do believe in faith and spirit....

(and yes rob, this was the condensed version )

*edit* as for the 9/11 7/7 The people who aren't true muslims who commit these autrocities, they are just people trying to justify their actions by putting it down to 'Allahs way'....probably as a last way of hurting the western world by not only causing loss of life, but loss of trust in the humanity of other people...who live and breathe exactly the same as the rest of us....
Old 03-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Anonymous
Banned

im only messing dude

but He is the biggest underachiever of all time. He just has a good publicist, that's all.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:47 PM
The Rapid 1

I'm not a religious person, but many people find sanctuary in religion where many other things caese to provide such things....
Whilst I may not believe that god is a giant with a large cloud penetrating hand, dressed in a cotton Toga....I do believe that the idea of religion, belief, faith and hope are tremendously important aspects of life.
Without such things, there wouldn't be a sense of humanity I don't think. The idea of pleasing god, seems to coincide with the idea (in christianity and buddhism especially) of pleasing others. This can never be a bad thing. Having something faith related to pull you through times of trouble and stress and to pray to enhance your feeling of self can't be a bad thing.
Whether when I'm scared or need some sort of reassurance I pray to ''god'' a symbol of christianity...or talk to some deep entity within myself from where I can obtain a sense of contentment is irrelevant.

So no, whilst I don't believe in any particular god, I do believe in faith and spirit....

*edit* as for the 9/11 7/7 The people who aren't true muslims who commit these autrocities, they are just people trying to justify their actions by putting it down to 'Allahs way'....probably as a last way of hurting the western world by not only causing loss of life, but loss of trust in the humanity of other people...who live and breathe exactly the same as the rest of us....

I thank you for agreeing (in a very educated way ) that GOD doesnt exist, but all through your reply you state having a belief CANT be a bad thing, sorry that I have to disagree with, as alot of wars misery and deaths are caused by these beliefs

I had a friend in an old job who was an alcaholic, now AA help to "cure" (yes I do appreciate you are never cured of alcholism ) them by telling them it isnt their fault but a higher power, NOT god could be anything they want to be able to blame for it and help them urge the desires, so appreciate about having something there when things arent going right to ask for help etc, but that is not how alot of religions are, they cant co exist with other religions. which in my eyes is wrong for someone "religious"
Old 03-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Anonymous
Banned

If something good happens, It's His will..... If something bad happens, He moves in mysterious ways. never a straight answer
Old 03-12-2005, 08:58 PM
The Rapid 1

Oh and Katie I take it your view of the original post is YES we should be better educated to the needs of other race/religions in this country

And basically do more to make them feel wanted

At home maybe

even if means we have to change our ways

I wouldve thought that most people espescially immigrants living here WANT to live here because of our ways
Old 03-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Katie

I thank you for agreeing (in a very educated way ) that GOD doesnt exist, but all through your reply you state having a belief CANT be a bad thing, sorry that I have to disagree with, as alot of wars misery and deaths are caused by these beliefs

I had a friend in an old job who was an alcaholic, now AA help to "cure" (yes I do appreciate you are never cured of alcholism ) them by telling them it isnt their fault but a higher power, NOT god could be anything they want to be able to blame for it and help them urge the desires, so appreciate about having something there when things arent going right to ask for help etc, but that is not how alot of religions are, they cant co exist with other religions. which in my eyes is wrong for someone "religious"
From my personal experience..... a long conversation with 2 jewish girls, a devout catholic, 2 muslims, 4 buddhists and another person who, as myself, has no religious intention.....
I have found the idea of coexistance to not be an impossible idea. Nothing that was brought up was a cause for concern by any other party. The girl with me, did really try to create some sort of debate by raising contentious topics.....but these were met with a differing opinion, as opposed to an argument, which was very enlightening....more of 'we wouldn't do that, but I don't think you would be damned for it' idea.

The amount of respect I managed to gain for people who believe in, albeit, far flung ideas of how the world was created in my view....was astonishing....True I don't wholefully believe the theories but they said it with such coherance, such reason and such faith that by the end of it you did start to question that whether human made logic (science) was enough evidence on which to base your beliefs....it's a very very strange feeling.

Try it mate....the stuff you learn by just asking people obscure questions is very fucking strange
Old 03-12-2005, 09:07 PM
The Rapid 1

Deffinately see where you are comming from, but again proves what I am saying if I understood just what you were saying, but was the fact that each of the people you were talking to had there own beliefs of how the world was created.

Now they cant have all been right now can they, so, surely just proves what I have been saying, why do we need educating on something that cant be right

Quick Reply: Patriotism