General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Daz's Dolomite 693bhp/500lbf ft torque RR

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Alg1k
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chip-3door
Originally Posted by Alg1k
I didnt even know you knew what one was TBH mate!

But yeah, you probably do need one to get anywhere near rod.
Yeah your probably right
Perhaps i should remorgage my house
AND Get a GT99 Turbo
Nah i like it the way it is
Ill just use my basic cheap and cheerfull nos kit and be happy with what i get
Dont for even one second think i was knocking your motor mate, i think its absolutely fucking awesome, genuinely one of my favourite cars of all time

I just happen to think that Rods will make more power based on what little i know of the spec of each thats all.
Thing is i could have made mine with a gt42 turbo on it and a shit load of nitrous and got 1000.000 hp
No good to me on track though
This engine i have now does just what i wanted it to
That all i asked Karl for
Im sure he would have done me a stupid power engine if i wanted
I really really wasnt bothered what power it was i just thought
I will give it a run and c
Never made any alteration tweeks or nothing
I fired it up that morning drove to the rollers
was Gobsmacked at the power it made
Drove it home did some shopping and put it back in the garage
It was a last minite thing as i had the day off
As we now know it was run in 4x4 mode which i and Karl didnt know until Karl rang them up
I now have the correct ATW figure and im still gobsmacked
I was runnig low boost as well so im eager to go back with full boost
Old 02-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alg1k, im sure its the right spec motor for you mate, Rods car and yours have a very differnet purpose in life.

Best thing about BOTH of them though, is that they get used for the shopping still though

Whats the correct ATW figure you have then, or is that staying hush till you get it back on and run it properly?
Old 02-12-2005, 12:37 AM
rallycross
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

awesome Dolomite with a difference.

My dads mate used to race one of these in the British Production Saloon car Championship - I always wanted one.

I remember people used to put Fiat twin cams in them after the crappy BL 16v's destroyed thesmselves (but that was the 80's!)

A Cossie'd Dolly Sprint takes the biscuit though - brilliant!
Old 02-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by MADRod
Your missing the point mate what Karl did was lies nothing more or less & i for one gave him a full day to come clean, he chose to play it up post after post. He assumed that some of us are thick & believe me im not. Feel sorry for DAZ who probably trusted this guy.

If you are not interested or impressed by what my car has achieved then go to another Topic instead of sounding like a jealous little prick.
I was under the impression that Karl was not even at the dyno at the time and even we he posted the plot he did say that he couldn’t comment on the accuracy of the figures. So why is Karl a liar? If it turns out that Karl or Daz has slipped the dyno guy a few quid to fudge the figures then that's a different matter but I would be very surprised if that's the case. Daz has agreed to attend the rollers at the same time as you Rod... I think you should take him up on his offer!
I will say that when ii heard the figures I thought they were optimistic but it's not Daz's fault that he ended up with them... is it?
Peace man
Old 02-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

If you read Karl's VERY carefully worded original post, if you know Karl, you can interpret that he personally doesn't believe the dyno figures either . He knows what spec this engine "should" push out, hence him stating what he did .

What IS surprising, is that knowing this, why he even bothered to ? He should have at least quantified his doubts rather than perpetuating the bullshit and allowing people to believe . Shame on you Karl .
Old 02-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
If you read Karl's VERY carefully worded original post, if you know Karl, you can interpret that he personally doesn't believe the dyno figures either . He knows what spec this engine "should" push out, hence him stating what he did .

What IS surprising, is that knowing this, why he even bothered to ? He should have at least quantified his doubts rather than perpetuating the bullshit and allowing people to believe . Shame on you Karl .

Its all good fun i reckon, im sure Karl knows where on (or off!) the compressor map that sort of airflow would be, and was just ahving a laugh by going with the figures.

Did the ATW figure get posted anywhere in the end, or is that still secret at the moment?

If so seems a bit funny bothering to post saying what you know the power isnt and then not posting what you know it is.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Its all good fun i reckon,
Did the ATW figure get posted anywhere in the end, or is that still secret at the moment?

the atw figures are much higher than the flywheel one's

only joking
Old 02-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Foooooooking hell!! Whatever is this all about!!

The only thing that really beats me is why, on a car that we already know to be awesome, discredit it with dubious Power Runs? As Mike said, Karl's initial wording sounding a little 'Tongue-in-cheek' anyway.

Its this kind of shit that brings RR's in general into disrepute.

Modern RR's are alot better than older ones. OK, so the results from an RR are never going to match getting the car/s on the Tarmac, but they aren't quite the crock of shit that people claim they are.

Its when people misuse them, thats when the problems arise.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by martin-reyland

Its all good fun i reckon,

the atw figures are much higher than the flywheel one's
These "negative loss" gearboxes people are using now are fantastic, have you got one for the cossie?
Old 02-12-2005, 10:05 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
Modern RR's are alot better than older ones.
really? in what way? what are the differences?

it's just a device to measure torque, there's nothing magical about it.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello all,

Firstly I cannot believe the attitude of many on here.

Rod you are pathetic frankly. The comments you make to me are down right rude and disgracefull. You have no respect and no manners and at your age you should know better.

I build literally hundreds of engines and you always have an opinion on everything, chosing to rubbish my work and call me any name you feel like from liar to prick. You are SO out of order little man!

Secondly daz's turbo is NOT a GT 3540r. Everyone always thinks they know best. The turbo is rated to 700bhp, I should know I built it!

Power wise the car made 540bhp@wheels at 1.8bar boost. We will return with full boost at 2.2 bar and record 600@wheels which I consider to be 690 flywheel. Rod please come along on the same day to run your car with Daz's.

Never has my avatar been more appropriate. Words fail me at times what a site like this can be like!
Old 02-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Thanks for the update Karl.

Thats a great ATW figure, by any standard at all

Absolutely going to go like fuck i should think
Old 02-12-2005, 10:52 AM
DuncanK
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said Karl.

I rarely post on this board anymore but i am always here reading various posts and threads. The attitude that Rod has taken towards you is downright sad if you ask me.

I think that the vertically challenged man cannot live with the fact that there are other tuners out there besides MAD that can get mega performance from the cosworth engine. At no point in this whole thread has Karl attempted to mislead anyone, even stating in the first post he was unaware of the accuracy of the rollers in question.

Why do you always need to rubbish someone else achievements and performance claims by trying to pick holes in the evidence constantly.

Oh and by the way Rod we all know your car is fast, so there is no reason to ram it down our throats in every thread going as it does get a little tedious!!!
Old 02-12-2005, 10:56 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

I'll make Rod's pre-emptive strike on his behalf by suggesting that you must be jealous

I'm a huge fan of Karl's and the LAST person to back up "the blinkered ones" but what's the score with this graph?

If it's not accurate, surely it's not relevant?

Either way, that is SOME power figure, and I will sell parts of my anatomy to get a passenger ride in this car
Old 02-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Alg1k
PassionFord Post Troll

Thanks Karl
1.8 BAR i didnt even know what boost i was running on that day
I dont mess around with the engine when Karl has set it up
Yes 540 hp@wheels
What does that equate to at the flywheel
Mike any idea
Old 02-12-2005, 12:10 PM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

Either way, that is SOME power figure, and I will sell parts of my anatomy to get a passenger ride in this car
That chins gotta be worth a few bob on its own

(ps. sorry)
Old 02-12-2005, 12:14 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

why does everyone try and put karls work down?

and some peeps on this board deffo need to get a life after going on and on about some fookin dyno figures on a engine
Old 02-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you are not interested or impressed by what my car has achieved then go to another Topic instead of sounding like a jealous little prick.
pure quality as usual, too blinkered to see that you brought your car into this for a change, the thread is nothing about you until you post your normal cobblers! you got me there though im jealous of you through and through, i so long to be you rather than the jealous little prick i really am

maybe senile dementure is taking its grip on you already, please try and understand that there are people who think your brunters bollox is just that, this doesnt make them jealous, its called an opinion, i for one am sick and tired of repeatedly reading yours, all you ever do is force your brunters shit down people throats on here, everyone else are slow full of shit jealous liars in your eyes if they dont share your one track view, bigging yourself and mad up whether its remotely relevant or not is rather tiring to read even for someone half your age fucking hilarious behaviour for a bloke of 60+ posting on a board with an average age of what mid 20's?, some people must think your tops though so big up yourself some more blinky
you really dont understand what a peenarse you look do you
youre my hero
Old 02-12-2005, 12:24 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

have you had a shave matt
Old 02-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Alg1k
Thanks Karl
1.8 BAR i didnt even know what boost i was running on that day
I dont mess around with the engine when Karl has set it up
Yes 540 hp@wheels
What does that equate to at the flywheel
Mike any idea
total guess as i dont even know what box you are running or anything, but its unlikely to lose less than 20% i should think, so 650ish?
Old 02-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Daz,

car looks awesome in the pics you post. Sounds like its putting in some serious power figures too! Nice one!

It is funny that rod reckons the entire world out there making powerful cossies is purely there for him to beat, or they indeed built them to beat him. SOme people are allowed to enjoy their cars without having to gauge its ability to go down brunters against rod's car.

I appreciate both motors for what they are. It a shame when people come on the net and dont just appreciate the other cars for what they are. If only the cars could do the talking and the sometimes ridiculously over testosterone'd owners could shut the fvck up .

Just so you know I am not jealous of either motor and would rather have a tommi mak evo 6 over either of them any day.

Nurburgring and Scotlands country roads are my desired play ground not brunters. I look fwd to hearing some lap times from rods car

Cheers

Steven RW
Old 02-12-2005, 12:39 PM
cossies4eva
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

[quote="MADRod"]
Originally Posted by Matt

THIS TOPIC HAS SWEET F**K ALL TO DO WITH YOUR TAXI. dont think about cares about it anymore anyway i know i sure as hell dont

and as above well said matt he does constantly speak brunters bollox
Old 02-12-2005, 12:43 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

The biggest shame is Rod's car is TOTALLY proven, and is an absolute beast, but he undoes all that with a few misplaced words on the internet.

How sad.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by RichardPON
The biggest shame is Rod's car is TOTALLY proven, and is an absolute beast, but he undoes all that with a few misplaced words on the internet.

How sad.
Agreed, he does seem to have had a bit of an outburst in here, and its just not needed.

Just got the wrong end of the stick i guess, its easy to interpret this thread as Karl claiming something he hasnt done IF you look at it the wrong way.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

The question that I ask is... WHY would you look at it the wrong way unless u were VERY insecure about your car or yourself or your tuner?

Whats the point?

RW
Old 02-12-2005, 01:13 PM
The Rapid 1
Advanced PassionFord User

First well done Daz AWSOME car regardless of what power output achieved. Always was awsome so dont know if awsome will now cover it

Second power outputs not really important, mine was never the most powerfull, but DID whit "I WANTED" it to , believe BOTH these OWNERS have cars that do what THEY want them to

Third, in Rods defence now, he has spent fortunes on his car and can understand him liking a bit of praise on what the car has done go back a few weeks and his was the best thing since a sliced bread cos it was going on TV to "show the japs" and others what an old ford can do, to alot of the knockers here now, then his car was the ultimate and he was a god, a week or so latter because he dares to say something that is actually true (dubious rolling road figures) he is the most hated ford owner in the country. Personally think it all bollox trying to impress kids on the net cause they all just a fickle load of sheep

Fourth really dont think the graphs should have been posted or figures quoted by a reputable and very good tuner, if he had doubts about there accuracy, fair play if it had just been a shoot out and everyone was posting their figures it would then be up to and visible for everyone to see how the rollers were recording across a spectrum, but was posted as if he had been there overseeing and was happy with the results (or thats how I read the first few posts), think he should have waited untill confirmation of tests accuracy

Finally a big up to the mega horsepower cars their owners and tuners who have spent the time and money and have the skills to do the work and the owners who have the dedication (not to mention the money ) to keep pushing forwrd and doing something they want

Steve
Old 02-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Daz,
Given the comments that Mike Gurney put up, I would even question the validity of the ATW figure. However, there is no doubt in my mind you have a genuine 600bhp ish car .
Old 02-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yes bubba now get youre wife booked in for her beard off

[quote="cossies4eva"]

THIS TOPIC HAS SWEET F**K ALL TO DO WITH YOUR TAXI. dont think about cares about it anymore anyway i know i sure as hell dont

another jealous little prick i see
theyre just everywhere rod
Old 02-12-2005, 02:10 PM
AD-RS1600i

I suppose on one hand if the figures are suspect (im not in a position to know any better either way really) why post them or at least say when posting them that they may be suspect because of the following reasons....so this hand bag session is half brought on by your own actions Karl...

But then on the other coin, the rant from Rod was really rude and out of order, and well OTT for what was just a printout.....And fair play to Daz for laying down the gauntlet, that get's my respect.

Still only cars though chaps
Old 02-12-2005, 02:13 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by AD-RS1600i
But then on the other coin, the rant from Rod was really rude and out of order, and well OTT for what was just a printout
Sorry.

It sounds like you're jealous of Rod's car.

Build a 200mph car and THEN you can comment on a public bulletin board.

Old 02-12-2005, 02:15 PM
3drstretch
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So my car is STILL the most powerful cossie engine to come out of the NMS camp and any other tuner on here. And my figures where done on a brand new rolling road rated to 1500bhp.So they must be accurate.So let there be peace and forever bow down to king of BHP.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:15 PM
AD-RS1600i

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Originally Posted by AD-RS1600i
But then on the other coin, the rant from Rod was really rude and out of order, and well OTT for what was just a printout
Sorry.

It sounds like you're jealous of Rod's car.

Build a 200mph car and THEN you can comment on a public bulletin board.

Ah? I would just like a rust free one that would do 100mph thanks
Old 02-12-2005, 03:45 PM
cossies4eva
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

[quote="Matt"]yes bubba now get youre wife booked in for her beard off

Originally Posted by cossies4eva

to be honest im about as jealous as the queen mother is alive. is rather own a cossie which will go well round a track and not just in a straight line
Old 02-12-2005, 04:17 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

[quote="Matt"]yes bubba now get youre wife booked in for her beard off

Originally Posted by cossies4eva

yeah yeah matt, tell your missus to stop changing her lipstick, me cocks looking like a rainbow
Old 02-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Ranj,
Is that because you never wash your cock? Must be a bit cheesy by now .
Old 02-12-2005, 04:23 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Ranj,
Is that because you never wash your cock? Must be a bit cheesy by now .
ive heard about you mike
Old 02-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Sean Bicknell
Advanced PassionFord User

Well done Daz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome car.

Also a big fan of Karls.

I also have time for Rod, but I agree with the people who think he goes off the bloody deep end.

Rod's car goes fast in a straight line. END OF!!!!!!!

4x4 boys will always hold the sprint records

The track boys will be quick round corners.

Gone are the days when one car will hold all the records. Martins car will DESTROY rods to 60, to 100, on a quarter and round any track, we all know this. But in order for Martins car to do all of the above it isn't going to probably have enough power to beat Rods top speed. Lets remember Martin ISN'T gonna use NOS.

Daz's car is the same, he has built it primarily as a road and track car and to make it good at that means it isn't gonna be great at everything.

At the end of the day, none of this is rocket science. Anyone can throw together a strong bottom end and run a zillion BHP of NOS and a massive turbo and go fast in a straight line. Its a simple case of spend the dough and off you go!! lol

No disrespect to Rods car with my above statement.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:02 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Well said Sean

That 1 post has summed EVERYTHING up imho
Old 02-12-2005, 06:09 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Quick Reply: Daz's Dolomite 693bhp/500lbf ft torque RR