General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Out with the £600 Blitz Boost Controller........

Search this Thread

Old 26-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Out with the £600 Blitz Boost Controller........

......and in with this Bad Boy.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/R-Spec-BOOST-C...QQcmdZViewItem

With these kind of claims, I don't know why I spent all that money on my Blitz controller.......

THE RSPEC BOOST CONTROLLER IS A HIGH PRECISION PRESSURE CONTROL DEVICE THAT IS USED TO EASILY AND ACCURATELY ADJUST YOUR TURBOS OUTPUT. THIS VALVE GIVES LARGE BHP GAINS, GREATLY REDUCES ANNOYING TURBO LAG, TOTALLY ELIMINATES WASTEGATE CREEP AND PEAK BOOST IS HELD FOR LONGER......TURN CLOCKWISE FOR MORE POWER - TURN ANTICLOCKWISE FOR LESS POWER.......IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT!!

[Rant Mode On]It's this kind of thing that really pisses me off. To most of us, we know whats involved in raising your Boost, but to someone who doesn't fully understand, they think they can buy one of these and simply turn the 'Power' up and down like a Volume control and end up with a Melted engine through no fault of their own.[/Rant Mode Off]
Old 26-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in all due respect christian ive used a turbosmart one on my cossie and that was actualy pretty good, my mates go it on his xr2 turbo and that holds 16psi and has no creep at all

not sure about the Rispec jobby but the manual boost controllers are actually ok
Old 26-11-2005, 01:23 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well said Mr C
Old 26-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

also nothing is stopping the same person from doing it with his bleed valve or 2k boost controller either

and im willing to bet a months wages that a turbosmart bost controller ( manual obv) against yours at 15psi there would be such a small difference apart from the price
Old 26-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

I don't agree with that.

I don't doubt the quality of the Valve or its performance, but to suggest that you "TURN CLOCKWISE FOR MORE POWER - TURN ANTICLOCKWISE FOR LESS POWER.......IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT!!" is just ridiculous.

You don't need to have detailed knowledge to own a Turbo car, some people know practically nothing about them. But if someone read's that auction and thinks that they like the idea of such a simple mod where they can simply wind the power up then its hardly their fault. Its totally misleading IMO.
Old 26-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

manual boost controllers are not the same as bleed valves, the way they work is on presure and when thats relesed they will open, a bleed valve just bleeds off the air and some creeps to the actualtor untill the presure is built up

oh and if you put on a MBC on the wrong way round you get no boost
Old 26-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

christian you never seen most bleed valves then, they have a + and a - and in the middle is the word "boost"

and technicallys just a turn would get you more power, when i first got shown how my bleed valve worked on my R5 turbo it DID make it quick, was fooking rapid when i turned it out totally and there was 5 of us in the car

5 seconds later the road was TOTALLY black
Old 26-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by b19bal
christian you never seen most bleed valves then, they have a + and a - and in the middle is the word "boost"

and technicallys just a turn would get you more power, when i first got shown how my bleed valve worked on my R5 turbo it DID make it quick, was fooking rapid when i turned it out totally and there was 5 of us in the car

5 seconds later the road was TOTALLY black
You're missing my point. If you knew nothing about cars and I said to you 'Plug this random unknown device into it and wind it right up and your car will go like fook', you would probably do it, no? Just because it can do it, doesn't make it right and someone selling that kind of 'advice' in my opinion has at least a moral responsibility to advise of the consequences of making those kind of changes.
Old 26-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

maybe he also sells engine parts like conrods ect at good prices

oh and that was why i would my boost out, the guy tuning it explained how a bleed valve worked and then got all techy, the only part i actually understand it " you twist this part and the car goes faster" then it went all blah blah blah blah

when the car "felt" slower than normal i turned up the boost a little

got upto 3rd gear then bang, got out and the road was covered in smog and my mates where moaning about the wait for the AA

in hindsight i belive that the car felt slower as there was 3 in the back and me and a mate infront

but ive learnt so im stil happy
Old 26-11-2005, 01:55 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agree

although i had a 'pneumatic' bleed valve on my old FRST. it only had one pipe going to it??? not really sure how it worked