General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

has anyone converted dvds to use on the psp or ipod video

Search this Thread

Old 18-11-2005, 04:50 PM
AKRS1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone converted dvds to use on the psp or ipod video

have tried xoom software and rapiz but the sound quality is bad is there anything else to convert to mp4
Old 18-11-2005, 05:04 PM
essexrsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i wana know this 2
Old 18-11-2005, 09:20 PM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First off, if you want to watch DVDs on your PSP, you're going to need more than the 32MB Memory Stick that comes out of the box with the PSP Value Pack. You should at least be looking for something more like a 512MB Stick which is going to set you back around $70, unless of course you only want to watch 5-10min videos, in which case the 32MB stick will be fine.
To convert the files from DVD to play on your PSP you are going to need a couple of pieces of software that might or might not be completely legal, depending on how you read copyright and fair use law. Be careful what you do with them.
Your first step is to get the film off your DVD and onto your computer hard drive. Download and install DVD Decrypter, then slip your DVD into the player.
Once the program is installed, start it up, go down towards left and middle area and choose a destination to put the file you're going to create, somewhere where you will easily be able to find it later. And make sure you have disk space - a typical DVD movie is 4-8GB of information!
At the top click the Mode tab, scroll down and select IFO.
Now click the Tools tab, select IFO Mode and make sure that if there's a File Splitting option that it is set to "None." (depends on the version). Then click OK.
Under ther Input window click the movie.
Now click on the the Stream Processing tab, enable Stream Processing, and select your video.
Final step. In the bottom left, click on the silver disc icon with the word "DVD" underneath it. Let the program now do its thing (which will take quite a while), and once it's finished you can move on to the next step.
You now need to change that file on your hard disc to something the PSP can read. If you're using Windows, then download and install PSP Video 9. If you are using a Mac you could try using a program called iPSP.
Now hook up your PSP to your computer using a USB 2.0 cable and click the "USB Connectivity" option in the PSP's main menu. This will allow you to browse the Memory Stick Duo inserted into your PSP.
Run the program you have just installed to convert the file you originally saved on to your hard disk. These apps pretty much run you through the process but if you get stuck using Windows try Getting Started with PSP Video 9. According to this discussion thread the Mac version pretty much does everything for you.
There are just a couple of things you need to consider before you place the video file on the Memory Stick.
Unlike music and picture files, you can't put your video files in the "PSP" folder. Create a folder called "MP_ROOT" and inside that folder create another folder named "100MNV01." That is the folder to which you need to copy your converted video files.
Also, you need to be careful how your video files have been named. Programs like iPSP should properly name your video files automatically, but naming your MP4 files "My_Rocking_DVD.MP4" just won't work. These files have to be named like this: "M4V00000.MP4", you can change the numbers "00000" to fit your preference (like "M4V00027.MP4"), but the PSP is very picky about the file naming conventions.
That's it, you should be able to transfer an entire DVD movie onto your new Sony PSP. Good luck and happy viewing.
Thanks to Ed Ellis for his invaluable help on this question. Me? I don't own any video game systems...

TAKEN FROM ANOTHER SITE BUT ALL GOOD INFO
Old 18-11-2005, 09:23 PM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.pspvideo9.com/
Old 19-11-2005, 10:05 AM
badnews
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

hmm me pc numpty that sound's a lot of work i just got a psp with all the stuff you mentioned all the leads software and 3 dvd's full of game's now all i need is the time to play it must admit they are mint i paid £180 for mine it cost my mate over £300 last month