General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ONE FOR THE BIKERS...HOW DOES THIS SOUND?

Search this Thread

Old 16-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Hooligan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ONE FOR THE BIKERS...HOW DOES THIS SOUND?

Well once upon a time I had a 1969 Triumph T120R racer...

It looked well hard and it gave a new meaning to the word NOISE...

I also had a Suzuki RGV250...

And the sole reason I bought it was to turn it into something like this:

Believe it or not, there is an RGV in there somewhere although it has been slightly modded...

But somewhere along the line sense took over and I sold both bikes to buy a Honda Varadero...of wich I have no pics but I can tell you that I loved it! Sure, it was ugly and ungainly to look at and the colourscheme was dreadfull (orange and silver) but it handled soooo nice! Together we have put many a supersport to shame but somehow it wasn't really MY bike...didn't suit me...so I started modding it:

* new rearshock
* increased rideheight
* frontforks modded

And though it was even better I still scraped the pegs everywhere and the lack of power started to annoy me as well as the looks.
For a while I looked into upgrading the engine, respraying it in black and fitting noisy cans but I decided not to go that route as it still wouldn't feel right...

So I px'ed it against a Buell M2 cyclone:

Enginewise it had benefitted from different cams, carb, zorst and ignition and though it was powerfull allright the gearing was too tall so I changed the rearpulley for the largest one available
Wheelies in third? No problem sir!

BUT...it was a wobbly affair...so i planned on fitting different forks, braced swingarm and the works BUT stopped myself just in time because it was a bit too small for me really...

You see, I'm not exactly vertically challenged as you can see here:

Yes I'm the lanky bastard with the big boots lol

Just when I wasn't quite sure what to do a nice and shiney Buell X1 came my way: 1 owner from new, only 6000 km's and apart from a Vance and Hines zorst standard! UPSD-forks, roomier, bigger swingarm and Injection as well so it sounded like a proper machine for little money. Bought it at the drop of a hat without a testride...

BIG MISTAKE.

It was slow...even though it should have had around 105 BHP and 138 nm torque it felt flat as a fart
It was comfy but it could have been Japanese it was so bland! Everything worked as it should but it was just not what I expected from it and just NOT my cuppa tea...

So last tuesday I went bakc to the shop and told them I was gonna bring it back and they happened to have JUST the thing for me....

Aprillia ETV1000 CAPONORD

Like the Varadero a BIG allroad BUT with the following advantages over the Honda:

* FLAT BLACK PAINT
* More modern and aggresive styling
* 50 kilo's lighter
* thicker forks
* spoked wheels
* stiffer alloy frame and swinger
* 6 gears

And here's the clincher:

a detuned Aprillia RSV mille engine inside...good for around a 100 BHP and about the same in torque wich is by no means bad for an allroad!
But why settle for that when you can have 140+ BHP and a big hike in torque to play with the supersportbrigade?

Yep, you've guessed it: Bought a full power RSV engine wich will be chipped by MSD and fitted with freeflow filter and cans

This bike will be sooooooo...scary!

Pics to follow as soon as I have them!
Old 16-11-2005, 07:37 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

All good dude... just a tad confussed why someone would build an RGV into a NSR replica? why not use a NSR?
Old 16-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Hooligan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Easy: inside is an RGB500 engine

square four 2-stroke with rotary inlets...mental piece of kit wich so happens to fit into an RGV250 frame, with some mods ofcourse...
The bodywork and seat unit are all carbon fibre and the whole spec of the bike is just mental!!!
Old 16-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

hey hey fucko....

hows things.....if you reply to this, i may not reply, as i dont spend anywhere near as much time as i used to on passionford, due to the fact that its become as interesting as a packet of mouldy bacon....maybe thats a bit harsh, but im in a bad mood tonight, and my boss is a c unt at times.....