General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A few Alarm fitting questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Escy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A few Alarm fitting questions...

i'm fitting an alarm on my 200SX. i have some general questions which i'm hoping can be answered here.

i have a wire thats supposed to be connected to the alternator. its either to do with the built in remote start or turbo timer functions.

it doesn't give me any sort of clue what on the alternator to connect to. if anyone has had to connect to the alternator before, what did they connect to?

i have a sheet that tells me what to connect up to on my car, there is one point i'm a little lost on. there is one wire for the indicators on my alarm, the sheet says i need to fit to "green/yellow and green/black located above o/s kickpanel". am i correct in thinking that thats one wire for each side and if i connected them both up to the single alarm wire that when i was driving and i put on an indicator both would light up? should i wire it into the hazzards instead?

Cheers, Tom.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Escy

can i splice in wires from the bootlight and from the main interior light together or will they mess up each other?

my alarm came with a piece of wire in a 'Y' shape that has thick black connections where it joins together. i think it has diodes or some sort of resistors in it. what is this for, its not shown in the alarms wiring diagram?

my alarm came with a dual stage shock sensor, i also bought an upgrade of a dual microwave sensor. i'm going to use the microwave sensor but would like to know if i can maybe use both. the alarm only has one socket - they could share the same earth and +12v wires but what about the input and output wires?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Escy

is this for the indicators?
Old 08-11-2005, 06:01 PM
haz87
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 177 Likes on 167 Posts

yer thats for the indicators
Old 08-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Escy