General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Driving fast on a public road.

Search this Thread

Old 25-10-2005, 11:57 AM
kevmk2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 25-10-2005, 12:14 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Maturity is the only good thing that I can think of when I think about how I started driving late, only getting my license 6 months back at 23.

I love going fast, I love cars and I love the feeling I get when I drive a quick car and put my foot down.

But I'm not a young kid and I do know better. It worries me sometimes when I think what I might have been like if I had started driving at 17. I don't usually go too fast for the situation but we all make mistakes and I'm sure that my judgement as a 23 year old man is much better than that of a 17 year old kid.
Old 25-10-2005, 12:35 PM
christianh3

I've ran someone over, really sickening experience for me although i imagine it was worse for her. To think what shock to her body the impact must have made....a round shaped dent (semi circle) in the front bumper+bonnet which must have impacted by atleast a foot, clumps of hair and spots of blood in the windscreen glass from her head.

I wasn't speeding btw, I was doing 45 in a 60. Broke both her legs and loads of cuts/bruised and a fook-off gash in her skull. It might have been more i'm just going on what i seen at the time+what the paramedics said.

That was only 45mph and she was lucky not to be dead, now if i'd been speeding.....
Old 25-10-2005, 12:37 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by christianh3
I've ran someone over, really sickening experience for me although i imagine it was worse for her. To think what shock to her body the impact must have made....a round shaped dent (semi circle) in the front bumper+bonnet which must have impacted by atleast a foot, clumps of hair and spots of blood in the windscreen glass from her head.

I wasn't speeding btw, I was doing 45 in a 60. Broke both her legs and loads of cuts/bruised and a fook-off gash in her skull. It might have been more i'm just going on what i seen at the time+what the paramedics said.

That was only 45mph and she was lucky not to be dead, now if i'd been speeding.....
Damn. How the hell do you cope with something like that and put it behind you? Take it you still drive
Old 25-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cossierich330

Damn. How the hell do you cope with something like that and put it behind you? Take it you still drive

Old 25-10-2005, 04:36 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by kevmk2
Old 25-10-2005, 05:30 PM
kevmk2

Originally Posted by AndyRST

Old 25-10-2005, 05:46 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by AndyRST

Old 25-10-2005, 05:56 PM
kevmk2

Lol whats all these smileys about
Old 25-10-2005, 08:17 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Who knows
Old 25-10-2005, 08:30 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

That's some fuckin irresponsible use of smilies - what's the matter with you people?
Old 25-10-2005, 08:43 PM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I dont race on the roads anymore,partly due to being a bit older and the fact that i now do track days so you realise driveing fast on the road is both stupid and often boreing!
Old 25-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by MADRod
i can honestly say the fastest ive been on the road was a Stack indicated 189mph
Not a good admission, Rod.

Old 25-10-2005, 08:54 PM
CasperR
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Don't really race on road as often as I used to, although when I do, its mainly on empty roads. We don't have any dragstrips or race tracks that allow us to do trackdays here in denmark, and although im not using it as en excuse, I just dont see why I shouldn't speed when I feel like it and when I feel its safe.
I can't keep worrying if someone will jump out infront of me on an empty highway in the middle of the night as that's out of my control, but I can minimize the chances of something happening by speeding on empty highways.
Old 25-10-2005, 09:44 PM
christianh3

Yes I still drive but I couldn't drive down that stretch of road for months and the first time I did (only as a passenger) I felt really panicky, sick.
If it'd been my fault I would have topped myself.
Old 26-10-2005, 07:11 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes I still drive but I couldn't drive down that stretch of road for months and the first time I did (only as a passenger) I felt really panicky, sick.
If it'd been my fault I would have topped myself.
Good for you. Im sure a lot of people would be put off driving if they hit someone. Like you said though it wasnt your fault.