General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Please All Read!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 11:16 AM
TN
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please All Read!!

Please sign this online petition, spread the link around hopefully some good can come of it.

Read:http://www.petitiononline.com/333JACKO/petition.html
Sign: http://www.petitiononline.com/333JAC...tion-sign.html

On the 4th July 2005 Stephen Jackson was sentenced for 5 years in prison and further 3 years ban for his part in a crash on the A500 in Stoke-on-Trent. Stephen originally pleaded not guilty but later changed his plea to guilty in order to receive light sentence, however the judge decided to penalise him with five year jail sentence.

We don't believe Stephen deserved this and we want you to help us get him out of jail.

Below are details of the night in question.

On the night of the incident with absolutely appallingly wet conditions Stephen left Festival Park in his Nissan 200SX and joined the A500 where Leon Hughes along with his two passengers John Hancock and Lee Scarlett were in a 'chipped' 1.6 Ford Fiesta Zetec S. Stephen has been accused of racing Mr Hughes along the A500, when in actual fact the Fiesta was no match for the 200SX that Stephen was in control of. I'll explain why the cars weren't a match a little further down.

The Fiesta with a under inflated rear tyre careered out of control as it hit a well known dip in the road in a speed excess of national speed limit. The driver Leon Hughes and his front seat passenger died on impact, Lee scarlett the third person in the car survived the crash. Stephen who was far enough behind to witness the Fiesta crash stopped at the scene, got his brother to call the emergency services for help on his phone, provided CPR to the survivor of the crash Lee Scarlett and flagged down on coming cars as the Fiesta was so far off road it barely visible to passing motorists.

For this brave act of helping the injured passenger Stephen now in Shrewsbury prison with a 5 year sentence sitting on his shoulders and 3 year driving ban awaits him when he finally get's out. Surely this passes on the wrong message to follow motorists. I know for a fact I would now think twice about stopping at a crash scene to help. I like my freedom like anyone else. If Stephen hadn't shown maturity and compassion he would surely be a free man right now.

It has been proven from video evidence and timing of a phone call that Stephens brother made, who was a passenger in the Nissan along with his fiancé Louise Johnson that the Nissan was travelling at an average speed of 90mph. Which is a valid point, however we are not disputing that both cars were speeding. We're disputing that both cars were racing. It's near impossible that a Fiesta with the weight of 3 people in, with around 75bhp less than the Nissan would be any match for the Nissan.

How could these two cars be truly racing? A Ford Fiesta Zetec S with around 115bhp would stand absolutely no chance on god's green earth of keeping up with the high powered 200SX pushing around 200bhp. The Nissan was even behind the Fiesta during the supposed race.

Stephen is accused of causing the deaths of the two young men that died. We don't believe that and we don't think you do either. Stephen is currently locked up 23 hours a day in Shrewsbury prison, he and his family are in despair and need your help. Please help us get our friend out of jail for an offence he did not commit by signing this petition.

If you would like to help further you can express your feelings and beliefs in a letter to the following address, please send it recorded delivery so it has to be signed for.

Paul Farrelly
House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA

Thank you.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:25 AM
motherhupit

HP doesn't mean shit on back lanes someone in a 950cc could do the same, i'll would sign it for ya. but it doesn't seem to work.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:26 AM
TN

it wasnt a back lane fella its a Dual Carriageway

And I know the lad
Old 08-10-2005, 11:37 AM
motherhupit

Done i was just clicking the wrong button. Hope it helps.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:52 AM
CabrioTurbo
PassionFord Post Troll

Where you from TN?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:16 PM
TN

From Stoke mate