General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

SAW MY VERY FIRST FOOTYMATCH EVER LAST NIGHT!

Search this Thread

Old 25-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Hooligan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAW MY VERY FIRST FOOTYMATCH EVER LAST NIGHT!

I've never liked football and I can honestly say I've never even watched a match on the telly let alone seen on up close...
The game just never interested me and people with clubnames tattood on their chest and so on sorta put off as well I think!

BUT: last night I went to my local stadium and saw PSV (Dutch club) on the pitch
My mate is one of the people that accompanies people in wheelchairs in the stadium and she asked me to come along: front row seats and no waiting

Must say the arena looked ace: big screens with replay's, lot's of soundeffects and shite when PSV scored, proper stuff.

Even though the game itself bored me to tears I was impressed by the impact that 32000 people have, all whistling at the same time when a referee makes a dubious call

Sorta makes you think what sort of impact the roaring crowds in the Roman arena's used to make

On the other hand what really put me off was the ammount of people (young, old, disabled) that turn into absolute hooligans over some silly game....I just cannot believe that governements put up with wrecked traincarriages, smashed cities and other violence over a game

I do think that football is taken way to serious by some people, it's a game for fuck's sake!

Anyway: it was a cool experience

Oh, and what I found really funny was that the 3 times the ball was sent into the crowds by accident it happened to land square on the jaws of a wheelchairjockey wich almost made me wonder if it was by accident! Oh the irony of it all!
Old 25-09-2005, 09:36 AM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nothing like it when your team scores and you sat in the middle of 30000 people!

unfortunately i stopped going because of the above reasons. after getting caught up in a number of fights just trying to get back to the car was stupid. i'd see families with small kids getting caught up in crowd trouble too! not worth it imo and see why people prefer to stay home and watch it on the tv!