General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone got a staffy (dog!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 23-04-2006, 04:23 PM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

staffi i still cant belive how much your staff looks like mine lol when mine was younger any way
Old 23-04-2006, 08:13 PM
FULLBORE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

they are lovely dogs.
There are a few pointers that i do recomend you take into account though......
1. I would rather consider getting a pup if you have young children than an older dog from say....a dog home. The only reason i say this is because these dogs have gone to these places for reasons...... and although they are very friendly dogs,they may have been mistreated and could react badly to something your kids might do and not even realise they've done it.THIS might also not get picked up by the Dogs home. for example my dads staffy bitch came from a home.she was uneasy at first and we introduced her to the family slowly,and within a couple of days/a few wlks she had already settled in.The when my dad went to light a fag, She flipped........went for the lighter!!!11 NOT US OR MY DAD I MUST STATE!!!!!!!. over a little time and patience we got her out of this and ive always trusted her with my kids.Unfortunatly her former owner(ARSEHOLE) must of mistreated her with a lighter and this had dstuck in her mind. WITH A PUP you know their history

2. Another reason id go with a pup is because if they mis-behave,a tap on their nose will let them know YOU are the PACK leader and they will do as you say. IF you get an adult dog,it is a lot more involved in letting them know you are the boss as THEY ARE PURE MUSCLE,and even your firmest slap on their arse is like you scratchin an itch on your nose.

3.Make sure that as a pup,when you feed them,you are in contact with them whileits eating,eg,stroke them,put your hand in their bowl,stop them mid way through etc.....this way they will become used to this,and it will be one less thing to worry about with the kids
Old 24-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Sunil_FiestaRS1800
Advanced PassionFord User

My gf has one as do a few of my mates . I think they are the only dog the kennel club say are 100% fine with kids. My gfs is fine with her little sister and will let her pull him about all day without getting pissed off. If she tried pulling my jack russel about like she does the staff he would go mad.

Proper top dogs i reckon for temprement. Cant believe the bad press they get , think its down to bad owners and the fact if a staff is treated badly and goes insane it can cause alot of damage as they are very powerful dogs.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:20 PM
DaveN
Regular Contributor

Got one also - Brilliant dogs.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:50 AM
cressy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we`v had roxy 8 months now she ace this is her at 9 weeks
6 months
when my son comes to stop with us at weekends there unsepriable!doggy spelling
Old 06-06-2006, 11:19 PM
markiep

Default dogs

love staffs have had two and a few other breeds and i just like to say that
it's not the dog or the press or the little chav that walks them
it's how you bring them up that makes the dog
here's mine (not a staff i know)
had him from 10 weeks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...omework015.jpg

hes 18mounths now and never been a spot of bother loves kids and looks after my house what more do you want

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../garden145.jpg

any dog is a good dog if you treat them right
(looking at the pics might get a staff for company for him there fab)
Old 06-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Nessie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I,ve got a nine year old staffy cross shes a great dog and i,ve now
got an 8 week old pure staffy she cries a lot and needs a lot of cuddles but shes a very inteligent wee thing and im sure she will grow into a very loving dog like my other one who,s lovely but also likes a lot of cuddles

Personally i think they are a really good choice of dog to own
Old 07-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Gregs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

cant beat staffs, one of the family and soo much caracter and look after the family, mine has been brought up with two cats, the tom beats him up all the time for fun! BUT if another dogs comes near he is evil

Old 07-06-2006, 07:00 AM
purple_fiesta
No longer a ford owner ..

My mate has one, shes awesome with people and other dogs but anything else itll attack, its killed a fox and alot of seagulls !
she did have a bad upbringing when the old owners beat her and made her sleep in the bath
We had a jack russel pup with her, she picked it up by the back of its neck (like mothers carry there pups when they are young) and took him with her when she went for a piss

edit: Forgot to add she snores like nothing else and farts all the time
Old 08-06-2006, 12:31 AM
Nessie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My puppy

Old 08-06-2006, 01:12 AM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Default STAFFS

Great natured dogs are staffordshire bull terriers, a lot of bad press in the early nineties on the pit bulls has kinda tarred all bull terriers with the same brush, can't blame the dogs people would get them and then lock up in a kitchen all day long for a wonder the dogs went nuts and started biting people, bull terriers have an endless amount of energy which needs to be burned off doing positive activities

C L
Old 08-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Steve200+
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

A friend of mine has one, previously had two.

The one she has now is excellent, superb temperament, thick as fuck, but superb temperament One of the best dogs ever. The bitch she got with him though went mental at about a year, and turned, had to have her destroyed.

And nothing to do with the upbringing, as mentioned, the other one is probably the softest and happiest dog I've ever seen.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:50 AM
Alan s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

get one from a pup m8 bring it up with the cats and littlen ect and your have no problems (well untill it has stopped teething lol)

i have 2 there great with my little boy and he's only 10 months