General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

a right patience pusher...

Search this Thread

Old 22-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Dave Henshall
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a right patience pusher...

esocs died on me again in Pwllheli over the weekend, low loadered back to sunny Macc at 2am in the mornig inthe wind and rain lat night,

ive never had a car break down on me before, and this fooker has got me on first name terms with the recovery people 4 times now

there is a lot to be said for jap stuff, it may not have soul, but by christ it works when you need it, i've done literally 3K miles in 2.5 years in this fooker and been toes from congleton, the trafford centre, alderley edge and now wales.

anybody have any psyco-babble stuf to not make me go and whip it to within an inch of its life...?

luckkily though, its now sitting on a trailer waiting for 2morrow for a trip up to blackppol for kenny and stu to have words with it...
Old 22-08-2005, 08:50 AM
THE RADMAN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

does get disheartening doesnt it dave,you loose confidence in the car and constantly worry if its going to pack up at the slightest little problem,mines been playing up intermittently over the last 6 months but hopefully sorted now,did 200 miles yesterday and it drove perfectly,stick with it you know itll be worth it in the end
Old 22-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

use reverse psycology when talking about the car - if its running sweet, tell people its running liek a sack of shit - works for me with the taxi
Old 22-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Dave Henshall
PassionFord Post Whore!!

good point, its as if it can hear you say, shes running sweet as a nut, not a single fluff or miss since the last incident.
Old 22-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

hate to say it dave - a lot of reliability problems are down to previous owners dicking about and not looking after the cars - fortunatlely, i found a good example cheep - only been on a low loader twice in 14000 miles - and even then, it was for things that no-one could of predicted or anything

then again, my taxi can sniff money from my wallet and it usually gets everything it needs
Old 22-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Dave Henshall
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thats the only gripe, treat it like lady and let it want for nothing and have al the work done "right" and make sure u use the best components and dont bodge anything and all it does is throw it back at you, i treated my old evo like a 2dollar whore and it never once complanied
Old 22-08-2005, 10:51 AM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Dad has had his Sapph about 7 years and it has only ever been recovered once and that was down to a coolant hose which had come away from a clip and was chaffing on the crank pulley. It has been in bits very often though.

It takes a lot of maintenance on a car which is..

A) now getting old

and

B) producing over 100% more power than it ever did when it left the factory. This is emphasised by a lot of parts on the car being designed around it's factory power output.

They can be reliable but they have to be kept up to standard to stay reliable. It's getting the car up to that standard in the first place.
Old 22-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Dave Henshall
PassionFord Post Whore!!

best of it is, mine is as factory as it gets apart from poly bushes, pipe and braided lines, its only got a phase 0 chip in at the moment,

but like u say its whats happened before i got it, it may have been spanked to death, but yet appear ok at the outset. ive got more recipts for replaced parts in the last 2 years than the rest of the history folder
Old 22-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

ive got more recipts for replaced parts in the last 2 years than the rest of the history folder

there you go then - the previous owner obviously didnt give much thought to the upkeep of the car and treated it like any other eurobox
Old 22-08-2005, 11:33 AM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Henshall
ive got more recipts for replaced parts in the last 2 years than the rest of the history folder
As Gracie said!!
Old 22-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Dave Henshall
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fingers crossed for 2morrow anyhow, i hope stu and kenny will be able to sort it,
Old 22-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

So do we.
Old 22-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Dave Henshall
PassionFord Post Whore!!