General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Work have just asked me to resign! Oops!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 06:56 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not legal dude,

as in ya post above they HAVE to pay you with notice and all oustanding holiday pay
Old 11-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

what the fuck, whos saying its best to quit ect, take em to court, its not as easy as they try to make it feel, hence why they ask ya to quit so then YOU left not them got rid ofr ya

they cant lay ya off as if they do they cant replace the post for a certain period of time, a way round this companys do is to rename a department after and make the job discriptions more direct

if ya already quit then theres fook all ya can do

ive worked for a few firms and got the nose out of joint at times, infact if i was my boss i wouold have kicked the shite out of me for being a anoying tosser tbh

also when ya quit dont mean there gonna give a reference anyway, i had that when i left halfords, i wanted a decent reference and my manager new it, he started treating me like a wanker so in the end i told him i dont want his reference and go bother another tosser, ive for 6 days to go and im gonna take it easy

anyway i got told to leave and they would pay the rest of my notice and dont ask for a reference off him ect , i did feel better though,

the worst thing is he quit 2 weeks later to move to florida and if i did jump through hoops then i wouldnt have got a reference anyway

so not only did i tell him how i feel, i also get to use him as a reference VIA the comapany as hes left

but that dont help you, but may make ya chuckle a bit
Old 11-08-2005, 08:52 PM
cosworth
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by b19bal
what the fuck, whos saying its best to quit ect, take em to court, its not as easy as they try to make it feel, hence why they ask ya to quit so then YOU left not them got rid ofr ya

they cant lay ya off as if they do they cant replace the post for a certain period of time, a way round this companys do is to rename a department after and make the job discriptions more direct

if ya already quit then theres fook all ya can do

ive worked for a few firms and got the nose out of joint at times, infact if i was my boss i wouold have kicked the shite out of me for being a anoying tosser tbh

also when ya quit dont mean there gonna give a reference anyway, i had that when i left halfords, i wanted a decent reference and my manager new it, he started treating me like a wanker so in the end i told him i dont want his reference and go bother another tosser, ive for 6 days to go and im gonna take it easy

anyway i got told to leave and they would pay the rest of my notice and dont ask for a reference off him ect , i did feel better though,

the worst thing is he quit 2 weeks later to move to florida and if i did jump through hoops then i wouldnt have got a reference anyway

so not only did i tell him how i feel, i also get to use him as a reference VIA the comapany as hes left

but that dont help you, but may make ya chuckle a bit
Yes it made me chuckle. But maybe not for the reasons you anticipated....
Old 11-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Yes it made me chuckle. But maybe not for the reasons you anticipated....
well i dont care what reason, aslong as ya happy, not many people seem to laugh on here anymore
Old 12-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you got a decent payout mate.. happens here all the time.. someone is told they can either go with some cash or they will basically be "managed out of the business". they have to then sign a legal agreement saying that they will take no action against the company if someone is recruited immediately for their role, and the company gets shot of an employee it had a problem with.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:49 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

To be honest you should be making the most out of having the option to resign, that's quite reasonable of them.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:54 AM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I was told to accept the termination and negotiate the terms of it. I did this and today is my last day. I did not resign.

I will be getting paid for 1 month after I leave and I will be given a glowing reference too.

Now I need to find a job...

Thanks for all the replies, help and advice guys.

On a lighter note I found out yesterday that my Fiesta is the cover car on the current issue of Flywheel, the Fiesta Club of GB magazine. I was quite chuffed to be honest and it was a decent end to an otherwise shitty day!
Old 12-08-2005, 09:56 AM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Good luck in finding a new Job then and congrats on the cover
Old 12-08-2005, 09:58 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by M7 COS

I will be getting paid for 1 month after I leave and I will be given a glowing reference too.
That has to be a result mate

Good luck in finding something else - put some more details about yourself on here in a new 'looking for work post' you never know...

I'd employ you knowing that you could have been right difficult over this, but have been (semi) happy with what you've got.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 AM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

i seam to remeber something about the reason not to resign is because iif you do you cannot go on the dole for 6 months or is it a year but if your terminated you can straight way maybe thats why they told you to take that route