General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Jealousy and brunters...

Search this Thread

Old 28-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,
Menstration - aint it a bitch .
Old 28-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dingy
nutter doesn't it say at 200mph you have no friends ?
Well if it does, then a popular guy like Rod certainly proves it wrong
Old 28-07-2005, 09:34 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to write a philosophical long reply, but can't be arsed the moral of the story is just because you are not personally interested in achieving a particular thing doesn't make you jealous of it

Z
Old 28-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Rs Gary
PassionFord Regular

this is like being at school,2 kids arguing who's better and whos got the biggest bollocks its a car forum not life or death,rods got a fast cossie WELL DONE ROD you have proved you have the money and time to put into a fast car,i would love to see it in action,dingy has a fast track car i have seen this many times going round donno,i love the old school cars but BOYS

GROW UP,there is more to life than my cocks bigger than yours
cheeRS gary
AKA shrek
Old 28-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

To be fair to Dingy, he has put up a nice post for Rod on another thread
Old 28-07-2005, 12:25 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Steve,
Menstration - aint it a bitch .
I think you will find there is a 'U' in Menstruation Mike
Standing for fooking Unreasonable
Old 28-07-2005, 12:34 PM
ImaRacing 700
PassionFord Post Whore!!

To be fair to Dingy, he has put up a nice post for Rod on another thread

Did you not know that the MAD camp was threatening to cut his favourite teddy bears head off?

Old 28-07-2005, 12:53 PM
cossies4eva
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by cossies4eva

You just seem to like to brag about how quick your car is, without substantiating anything, which is why it always seems to smell a bit like bullshit, and if it smells like bullshit, it usually IS bullshit . Why not take a leaf out of Karl's book and just enjoy your car for the pleasure it gives you, rather than telling all and sundry it what power and performance your arse dyno "thinks" it has?

The time for "claims" are WHEN you can substantiate them, otherwise just shut the fuck up, as it's boring .
I for one am past caring about times and top speed which is why i never do them LOL

looks like your past caring about handling as well the way your skip handles dingy

you been in it then ? drove it ?
nope but i seen it go at donnington and was not impressed for the amount of bragging you do about it, and about not driving in it personally i would rather be seen in a funeral car going round donnington probably corner faster as well
Old 28-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Anonymous
Banned

You just seem to like to brag about how quick your car is, without substantiating anything, which is why it always seems to smell a bit like bullshit, and if it smells like bullshit, it usually IS bullshit . Why not take a leaf out of Karl's book and just enjoy your car for the pleasure it gives you, rather than telling all and sundry it what power and performance your arse dyno "thinks" it has?

The time for "claims" are WHEN you can substantiate them, otherwise just shut the fuck up, as it's boring .
I for one am past caring about times and top speed which is why i never do them LOL

looks like your past caring about handling as well the way your skip handles dingy

nope but i seen it go at donnington and was not impressed for the amount of bragging you do about it, and about not driving in it personally i would rather be seen in a funeral car going round donnington probably corner faster as well
Was that recently ?
Old 28-07-2005, 01:38 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im with you on this dingy top speed aint realy that interesting no skill involved whatsoever just how big your pockets are i buzz over watching the track action intense racings where its at were even building a cheap track toy ourselves
Old 28-07-2005, 05:34 PM
the strut brace
PassionFord Post Troll

Was that recently ?
OBVIOUSLY NOT!!!
Old 28-07-2005, 06:04 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

correct me if im wrong but no one that had had high top speed at brunters has ever claimed it was skillfull??

each to their on as far as what they use their cars for...

i personally would never use a tuner that doenst "prove" their engines in some way i.e mapped and held flat to make sure they dont melt.

no way i would be paying x amount for a build and then being too scared to hold it flat out..
Old 28-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

eyes that know better than the stopwatch pmsl

forget ass dyno this blokes got a new development - an eye dyno

obviously handles shit if it laps fast dont it think about it
Old 28-07-2005, 07:17 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No disrespect Dingy as I feel your car is really well setup, but if it is as good as you say maybe you should consider entering the formula saloons championship.

Rather than just do track days you would then get a good chance to prove against equally setup cars how quicks yours is ?

I appreciate though that it is not the cheapest option but maybe worth considering.

Rods car is clearly very quick in a straight line as that is all that has been proven so far but I'm sure it could put up a good fight against most things on the track if the driver had some good track experience, no disrespect to Rod but I'm just going on what he said about being a novice.

Anyway, totb will be great whatever happens, and good luck to all who enters
Old 28-07-2005, 07:34 PM
NMS Badboy^NUTTER^
Advanced PassionFord User

No disrespect Dingy as I feel your car is really well setup, but if it is as good as you say maybe you should consider entering the formula saloons championship
Both myself and Dingy have spoken about this, as it would mean doing trackdays for a reason. But the expense is just too much.It's a couple of grand before you even think about getting the car through scrutineering, never mind competing at every round. And then you wouldn't want to use the car on the road for fear of wrecking it before the next event. Another thing that a lot of people overlook is the extra cost of life insurance when competing in motorsport.

So as for your comment, it has been considered
Old 28-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Life insurance? Honestly that is definately something I've never thought about with respect to racing but why is it relevant?? Does Dingy have a wife and children then?
Old 28-07-2005, 08:06 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

porkie if for some reason a fatality occured then who will pay funeral costs if no life insurance ?
Old 28-07-2005, 09:14 PM
NMS Badboy^NUTTER^

Life insurance? Honestly that is definately something I've never thought about with respect to racing but why is it relevant?? Does Dingy have a wife and children then?

Life insurance is soo relevant. Maybe he doesn't have a wife etc. But who's gonna pay the mortgage and suchlike. You don't have to die for them to pay out. How would he manage with no limbs for instance? At least he would still have a home if he was insured. Like i say, too easy to overlook
Old 29-07-2005, 06:26 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I am going to do my ards test and get a medical very soon and maybe think about entering such an event in 2007, as the car is not finished or tested and working to a budget its very hard, especially as a privater.

I would love to enter the challenge - but its all about money and lack of it, so yes its been considered. I am going to do a few sprints and hill climbs next year along with the track days and see how the car goes. Got my blue book coming to sort it out so it pass's scuteneering.
Old 29-07-2005, 06:46 AM
Ish

Originally Posted by cossiecrew
im with you on this dingy top speed aint realy that interesting no skill involved whatsoever just how big your pockets are
Originally Posted by rapidcossie
correct me if im wrong but no one that had had high top speed at brunters has ever claimed it was skillfull??
imagine heading towards the tyres/cones/carpark at the end of brunters straight at over 190 mph. you then have to decide 'do i wait another second before stamping on the brakes'. at over 190mph you cover a fair amount of distance in 1 second

i think it DOES take skill
Old 29-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Anonymous
Banned

THink thats BALLS ish, and knowing when you need to stop which takes brains. The skill involved is braking which never changes IMHO Holding onto a car under braking though is a different matter LOL
Old 29-07-2005, 07:39 AM
Ish

THink thats BALLS ish, and knowing when you need to stop which takes brains. The skill involved is braking which never changes IMHO Holding onto a car under braking though is a different matter LOL
Dingy what i'm trying to say is both top speed runs & track driving take skill to do
Old 29-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ish
Dingy what i'm trying to say is both top speed runs & track driving take skill to do
Dont forget drag racing takes skill as well. Lots think there is nothing to doing a fast qtr but trust me a good driver can gain a lot of time over a qtr.