General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Jealousy and brunters...

Search this Thread

Old 27-07-2005, 08:18 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird

You just seem to like to brag about how quick your car is, without substantiating anything, which is why it always seems to smell a bit like bullshit, and if it smells like bullshit, it usually IS bullshit . Why not take a leaf out of Karl's book and just enjoy your car for the pleasure it gives you, rather than telling all and sundry it what power and performance your arse dyno "thinks" it has?

The time for "claims" are WHEN you can substantiate them, otherwise just shut the fuck up, as it's boring .
wtf is that surposed to mean ?

So my car is fast but its bullshit....?

Will shut up then mike......

I am at dono on the 8th of august mate - proving the car and having fun. I for one am past caring about times and top speed which is why i never do them LOL
Old 27-07-2005, 08:22 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

OT, but just wanted to tell you dingy that in bike magazine this month there is a great aerial photo of donno circuit if you're interested.
Old 27-07-2005, 08:36 AM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dingy, is that because you are confident that there is no way your car will get to 200mph, so the only way you can prove to everyone on this board how fast your car is, is to track it.

What would you say if Rod came steaming past you @ Donno on the 8th, hanging the rear end out, waving as he went past ?
Old 27-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,
I personally have no problem when you post how quick the car is round Donno etc, as you substantiate this with a time (1.50 on a good day ? ). It just annoys me personally, when anyone makes claims they are not prepared to substantiate (be it on circuit or acceleration claims) - that's just ME. So all this "arse" dyno bollocks just annoys the fuck out of me and I just wish you would put up or shut up. I know and understand your car won't do much over 160-170 at Brunters (due to it being the shape of a brick and not intended for this kind of thing), but some acceleration times with the new engine would shut me up and give an good indication of how good your power to weight / performance to weight is to make the comparison to other cars that HAVE been tested, that you seem so keen to mention .
Old 27-07-2005, 08:41 AM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because Ifs fun when people fall for it Mike
Old 27-07-2005, 11:11 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by DanRSturbo
What would you say if Rod came steaming past you @ Donno on the 8th, hanging the rear end out, waving as he went past ?
Dan,

As funny as that would be, it just wouldn't happen, as Dingy's car isn't built for top speeds, Rod's certainly isn't built for track. That amount of power in that car would be spectacular on the track, but not fast.
Old 27-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Rich, I'm not so sure. Rods car has decentish suspension and brakes. He also has good rear beam which with some decent tyres means he gets good traction and its prepared to a very high standard. I think it WOULD be fast on track. Not mentally fast but still very very good at a track like Donno. It has big torque to pull out of the corners and I think it has enough pace on the straights

If I was Rod, I would soooo be stripping some weight out of it and getting it down to Donno on ND or even just taking it as it is and if Rod doesn't think he would be upto driving it on track then I am sure Mark or Kev Atkins could get the car around at a VERY decent pace
Old 27-07-2005, 11:31 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Lee,

Okay, but I was referring to the car with Rod driving, and I believe he is a self confessed track novice, so wouldn't really get the most out of it in that scenario.

I'd also love to see how it went on track on some slicks to get the power down -would be very interesting, and no doubt a bit lively with all that power RWD
Old 27-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Anonymous
Banned

You just seem to like to brag about how quick your car is, without substantiating anything, which is why it always seems to smell a bit like bullshit, and if it smells like bullshit, it usually IS bullshit . Why not take a leaf out of Karl's book and just enjoy your car for the pleasure it gives you, rather than telling all and sundry it what power and performance your arse dyno "thinks" it has?

The time for "claims" are WHEN you can substantiate them, otherwise just shut the fuck up, as it's boring .
Gotta admit thats exactly how it comes across to me as well!

As for the track/drag/top speed thing, i personally enjoy a little of each.

I do think that a track is very tame compared to a rally circuit though, so i think if Dingy is looking for the ultimate driving experience then he wont find it at Donnington, through in some mud, poor visibility and the fact that you arent just going round and round the same bit of tarmac that you know off by heart anyway and it gets a lot more exciting, trackdays are ok, just not as good as rallying IMHO

If i had the time spare i would definately take up rallying, and im sure i will do exactly that at somepoint, but even then im sure i will still do the occasional trackday and drag day cause i enjoy those too.

Top speed runs dont really interest me from the point of view of doing them myself, but i do think its a very good test of an engine's ability so i always enjoy reading about Rods acheivements
Old 27-07-2005, 11:40 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Chip,

The reason that track days and circuit racing is so popular, is because it's the nest evolution from fast road driving.

Having done rallying, and serviced for my brother's car, I can tell you, it's a lot more difficult to keep the costs down whilst rallying because of the wear and tear on parts, and the continuing costs in being competitive/travelling/entry costs/parts etc etc etc

Rallying is also such a completely different skill -you can be quick on track without much experience, but being fast on a rally takes years to master.
Old 27-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Chip,

The reason that track days and circuit racing is so popular, is because it's the nest evolution from fast road driving.

Having done rallying, and serviced for my brother's car, I can tell you, it's a lot more difficult to keep the costs down whilst rallying because of the wear and tear on parts, and the continuing costs in being competitive/travelling/entry costs/parts etc etc etc

Rallying is also such a completely different skill -you can be quick on track without much experience, but being fast on a rally takes years to master.
Yes mate, i know, got loads of mates who rally, and have done a couple of stages myself.

The other real expense you dont mention is that you WILL write cars off rallying but its very rare on a trackday or a basic sprint/hillclimb

Its basically "motorsport lite" doing trackdays, its 50% of the fun at 5% of the overall cost!
Old 27-07-2005, 11:48 AM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah i just love watching top speed runs!

there he goes - cant see him anymore - lets watch the computer screen!!

fair play to people trying it but if i had the bottle and the money then i'd defo prefer to drive round a track than in a straight line!
Old 27-07-2005, 12:19 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by RANJ
Dingy,

purely aimed at rod, delete this thread b4 it turns to sumting out my arse after a masalala night
Theres only one thing that dribbles out of your ass mate and thats your fookin groupies...

I've seen most of your posts today/yesterday and all they are is having a swipe at people and nothing constructive.....why dont you do us all a favour
Old 27-07-2005, 01:41 PM
FLO
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

gee i love men that should be in the ladies room!!!

WHO CARES!!
Old 27-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Katie

Come on guys....let's not turn this forum into a bitching session....
Have to agree with FLO here....

If we can't all get on we're going to have to get a job lot of Kia Picantos and just tell you to shut up when you can't get them to do more than 50mph....let alone 200...
Old 27-07-2005, 01:57 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fuck me even the tossers on the gtr board dont bitch like u lot

good read though
Old 27-07-2005, 02:05 PM
FLO

I'm just scared that the men will get so good at it that women won't be required to bitch anymore!!!

fuck, we'd have nothing to talk about!!!
Old 27-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Rob Wiles
Part of the Furniture

Dingy you are a leg end ! was you in with me in my scoopofpoo doing that speed down craners cheers Rob
Old 27-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Steve,
I think that Rod is only goading you about his "timed" figures, because you always harp on about how quick you and Karl's (NMS) cars are on your "arse dyno" experiences .

:.
Right on the button Mike. I declared war on Dingy when he tried to discredit the first official 200 run by claiming a 220 run by Karl. It appeared on his sig & even appeared on the back of Nutters car at an event. No prob with Karl we sorted it out via e-mail & he will one day put his car on the line thats all i ask.
Have tried to make peace with Dingy on a couple of occations but its a bit late for that it seems.
Rod
Old 27-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Porkie
Rich, I'm not so sure. Rods car has decentish suspension and brakes. He also has good rear beam which with some decent tyres means he gets good traction and its prepared to a very high standard. I think it WOULD be fast on track. Not mentally fast but still very very good at a track like Donno. It has big torque to pull out of the corners and I think it has enough pace on the straights

If I was Rod, I would soooo be stripping some weight out of it and getting it down to Donno on ND or even just taking it as it is and if Rod doesn't think he would be upto driving it on track then I am sure Mark or Kev Atkins could get the car around at a VERY decent pace
The car has everything on it to be a fast circuit car & maybe totb will show how it compares with the other Cossies present perhaps it will be slowest maybe not its never been tried however it has almost unbelieviable grip.
Im a total novice on the track & would never attempt it without lessons my son has suggested it for my 60th.
Kev would drive my car if i wanted & he has already suggested he would be a minimum of 3secs a lap quicker than Dingy at Donno, ive no idea but may well get Kev to find out i wonder how much Dingy would be prepared to wager on the outcome. Bugger that would shut him up.
The car will be stripped for totb maybe i will leave it out till ND.
Old 27-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Rod, i'd love to see your car in action round a strip, from what ive heard of the power delivery it would be SO much better than people give it credit for.

Might be worth swapping the rear springs for something firmer though possibly if you let Kev take it out at ND?
Old 27-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MADRod

The car has everything on it to be a fast circuit car & maybe totb will show how it compares with the other Cossies present perhaps it will be slowest maybe not its never been tried however it has almost unbelieviable grip.
Im a total novice on the track & would never attempt it without lessons my son has suggested it for my 60th.
Kev would drive my car if i wanted & he has already suggested he would be a minimum of 3secs a lap quicker than Dingy at Donno, ive no idea but may well get Kev to find out i wonder how much Dingy would be prepared to wager on the outcome. Bugger that would shut him up.
Now that would be the ultimate Grudge Match!
Old 27-07-2005, 05:32 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ROD...will u be at ten of the best?
Old 27-07-2005, 05:33 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Like I said, I'd like to see Rod's car on track as that is what I'm interested in.

Still, I think people are doing Dingy's car a diservice - it's PROPERLY fast round Donnington!
Old 27-07-2005, 05:33 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry just read the above post....rod i know ive took the piss in the past but id like to come say hello and view the beast
Old 27-07-2005, 05:37 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
Originally Posted by RANJ
Dingy,

purely aimed at rod, delete this thread b4 it turns to sumting out my arse after a masalala night
Theres only one thing that dribbles out of your ass mate and thats your fookin groupies...

I've seen most of your posts today/yesterday and all they are is having a swipe at people and nothing constructive.....why dont you do us all a favour

if u dont like what u read, then dont read
Old 27-07-2005, 05:42 PM
cossies4eva
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by dingy

I for one am past caring about times and top speed which is why i never do them LOL
looks like your past caring about handling as well the way your skip handles dingy
Old 27-07-2005, 06:00 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cossies4eva

I for one am past caring about times and top speed which is why i never do them LOL
looks like your past caring about handling as well the way your skip handles dingy
Old 27-07-2005, 06:01 PM
M Brian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what time does the CRX do it in?
Old 27-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by DanRSturbo
Dingy, is that because you are confident that there is no way your car will get to 200mph, so the only way you can prove to everyone on this board how fast your car is, is to track it.

I'd be impressed as its an invite only day

And your full of shit regarding top speed.....I am confident it will not hit 170 let alone 200 mate - cause its not designed to do it, has fuck all to do with confidence....
Old 27-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Steve,
I think that Rod is only goading you about his "timed" figures, because you always harp on about how quick you and Karl's (NMS) cars are on your "arse dyno" experiences .

:.
Right on the button Mike. I declared war on Dingy when he tried to discredit the first official 200 run by claiming a 220 run by Karl. It appeared on his sig & even appeared on the back of Nutters car at an event. No prob with Karl we sorted it out via e-mail & he will one day put his car on the line thats all i ask.
Have tried to make peace with Dingy on a couple of occations but its a bit late for that it seems.
Rod
Have you fuck......you said you hated me, and i should have just ripped your fucking head off at brunters.....

As for mike R - a big fat FUCK YOU is in order......

Times in my sig are real, and since then i have not tested cause the car is not ready, i have a gearbox that doesn't work as you fucking know and car is not mapped - well for 20psi......why don't you fuck off.
Old 27-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by cossies4eva

you been in it then ? drove it ?
Old 27-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Lets see keve set some times then.......be fast to beat my times round there - but still.......you aint driving ya own car again
Old 27-07-2005, 10:22 PM
JC

come on lets all agree to disagree
with the turn out for the event totb i think the entries need encouraging rather than slating
i am for one happy that we have got a 200 mph cozzy on the team
it whould be nice to see a ford win the event
dingy i love youre mk2 it was flying at croft
i for one will be trying my hardest to do my best if i win anythink on the day i will be the one boasting all over the board
if you want to sort the men from the boys have a grudge match
points for handling ,top speed ,track laps etc
thanks jc
Old 27-07-2005, 10:27 PM
the strut brace
PassionFord Post Troll

puzzles me all this, rods car is fast, dingys car is also fast, love to see them strut there stuff, you really dont need to time dings car to establish wethere or not its fast i mean a fookin idiot could tell it was rapid as fuk, bit pointles all this ?
Old 27-07-2005, 10:49 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 105 Likes on 97 Posts

this is me just about to crack rods record ..........................

this is me just coming through the craner curves at top speed ................................128mph

pmsl
Old 27-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Beach
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by the strut brace
puzzles me all this, rods car is fast, dingys car is also fast, love to see them strut there stuff, you really dont need to time dings car to establish wethere or not its fast i mean a fookin idiot could tell it was rapid as fuk, bit pointles all this ?
I agree its madness to read it all in one go
Old 27-07-2005, 11:01 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 27-07-2005, 11:50 PM
NMS Badboy^NUTTER^
Advanced PassionFord User

even appeared on the back of Nutters car at an event
For your imformation Rodders that sticker is not a 'dig' at anyone. It's an F1 thing. And it's been on the back of my car since i got back from the Belgian GP in 2002, long before you did 200mph

So i believe an apology is due my way for that one
Old 28-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Anonymous
Banned

nutter doesn't it say at 200mph you have no friends ?

Quick Reply: Jealousy and brunters...