General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Orange phone company,

Search this Thread

Old 23-06-2004, 04:57 PM
bigjim172000
Me Cossie Runs Atlast!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange phone company,

Right i need your help guys,
we have had a problem with them and here how it goes,

Phoned up and asked for a FREE 14 day TRIAL,
Terms of something like 2p per minute to all networks any time of day, 300 free minutes, 200 free texts for £20 per month.
Got phone in post 4 DAYS later,
Phone up and ask to send phone back at end of 14 days USE OF THE PHONE,
They wont accept it--I asked to send it back becuase they charged me 20p per minute for off peak and 60p for peak even though it was a free trial they still expect me to pay the bill!
Sent it back to them recorded delivery and never had it back.
Still getting bills through for a phone i dont have.
Sent them two letters now saying that it was sent back.

NOW they have sent me a letter threatening me with action.
Where do i stand boys, help me?
Trading standards have said that if i find 100 complaints then they will take it up.

Cheers
James
Old 23-06-2004, 05:01 PM
©hatter Box
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to the cab they should help u
Old 23-06-2004, 06:11 PM
bigjim172000

Originally Posted by Alex zvh cabrio
go to the cab they should help u
soz but not quite sure what you mean
Old 23-06-2004, 06:20 PM
cossie1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

citizens advice
Old 23-06-2004, 06:20 PM
SPARKER
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

citizens advice bereau.
Old 23-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

Sent it back to them recorded delivery
have you still got the slip/receipt from which you sent the phone mate?
Old 23-06-2004, 06:28 PM
bigjim172000

yeah and we sent a photocopy with one of the letters that we sent to them saying we dont have it.
Old 23-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I doubt you initially dealt with Orange direct mate, it was prob another comopany, KNOWING, whatever schpeel they gave you it wouldnt be thier problem, as you would be dealing with Orange direct after 14 days..... I know of a company which did something similar, earn't a fortune, went bankrupt, no comeback, but Directors sit pretty....
Old 23-06-2004, 07:17 PM
bigjim172000

no one had any problems either then? can i have some more help other than CAB because i really dont think that they can do much.
Old 23-06-2004, 07:43 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

I would guess the 14 day free trial covered line rental only - not all the calls as well
Old 23-06-2004, 07:46 PM
bigjim172000

well when we spoke to them they said that it was all included.
When we called back they also said that the 14 day free trial started from the moment i put the phone down from ordering it

I mean how can u have a free trial if you dont have it
Old 23-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thats the thing it aint a "FREE" trial.... Its a twelve month contract WITH a 14 day cancelation period
Old 23-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Neil S
PassionFord Post Troll

Try Oftel dude

I had no end of chew with orange 2 years ago, but I stuck to my guns and got what I wanted in the end

Neil.
Old 23-06-2004, 09:40 PM
bigjim172000

Originally Posted by Neil S
Try Oftel dude

I had no end of chew with orange 2 years ago, but I stuck to my guns and got what I wanted in the end

Neil.
What probs did you have with them mate.?
Old 23-06-2004, 10:37 PM
DaveN
Regular Contributor

Had a similar problem mate but with o2 , it all got sorted when i mentioned trading standards though..
Old 24-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Re: Orange phone company,

Originally Posted by bigjim172000
Unlikely as they dont do 14 day free trials- What they do is allow you 14 days in which you can change your mind and cancel the contract you are liable for any costs of calls during this period.

Terms of something like 2p per minute to all networks any time of day, 300 free minutes, 200 free texts for £20 per month.
Terms of something like wont get you anywhere mate- Orange dont do a tarriff which comes anywhere near this nor does anyone else unless its a promotional tarriff I am un aware of.

Here is where your problem really starts- your 14 days is actually now 18 days because the contract starts from when you agreed to have it sent out. Verbal contracts can be counted in court. AGreement and reciept are enough. Once the order is processed thats you in- by law orders by phone have 7 days to be returned (this is inc in the 14 orange offer) just for everyones info.

They wont accept it--I asked to send it back becuase they charged me 20p per minute for off peak and 60p for peak even though it was a free trial they still expect me to pay the bill!
See above for a reason why they might not accept it- Also those call charges are unlike any for orange I have ever seen. The most a call has ever been on Orange during peak is 50p regardless of network.
Also how do you know they were that much I find it unlikely you will have recieved any bills within your first 14 days- if so it would have been a very small amount consisting of 1 or 2 days of calls 1 months line rental in advance and a part month (ie the 1 or 2 days)
As for the bill- you're liable for any calls you make- there is no such thing as a free trial.

Unft due to the above I can see why this is- its all fair and above board as far as orange are concerned. Your issue lies solely with the company/retailer or individual who may or may not have misinformed you.

Unft again as the info you have doesn't tally with anything Orange have ever done its very unlikely you'll get anywhere. Sorry.

These problems arise fairly often within the industry as there are so many if's buts and whats that to tell everyone absolutly everything would be impossible- thats why we reliy on people asking us questions as much as us asking you.

Cheers
Shings
( No I dont work for orange I am speaking purely in my opinion of the facts you have given based on the last 7 years I have spent in the Mobile phone industry- oh yeah and no offence is meant.)
Old 24-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Re: Orange phone company,

Unlikely as they dont do 14 day free trials- What they do is allow you 14 days in which you can change your mind and cancel the contract you are liable for any costs of calls during this period.

Terms of something like wont get you anywhere mate- Orange dont do a tarriff which comes anywhere near this nor does anyone else unless its a promotional tarriff I am un aware of.

Here is where your problem really starts- your 14 days is actually now 18 days because the contract starts from when you agreed to have it sent out. Verbal contracts can be counted in court. AGreement and reciept are enough. Once the order is processed thats you in- by law orders by phone have 7 days to be returned (this is inc in the 14 orange offer) just for everyones info.

See above for a reason why they might not accept it- Also those call charges are unlike any for orange I have ever seen. The most a call has ever been on Orange during peak is 50p regardless of network.
Also how do you know they were that much I find it unlikely you will have recieved any bills within your first 14 days- if so it would have been a very small amount consisting of 1 or 2 days of calls 1 months line rental in advance and a part month (ie the 1 or 2 days)
As for the bill- you're liable for any calls you make- there is no such thing as a free trial.

Unft due to the above I can see why this is- its all fair and above board as far as orange are concerned. Your issue lies solely with the company/retailer or individual who may or may not have misinformed you.

Unft again as the info you have doesn't tally with anything Orange have ever done its very unlikely you'll get anywhere. Sorry.

These problems arise fairly often within the industry as there are so many if's buts and whats that to tell everyone absolutly everything would be impossible- thats why we reliy on people asking us questions as much as us asking you.

Cheers
Shings
( No I dont work for orange I am speaking purely in my opinion of the facts you have given based on the last 7 years I have spent in the Mobile phone industry- oh yeah and no offence is meant.)