General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Im back home - what a horrific day!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 06:13 PM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Im back home - what a horrific day!

Firstly id like to , as im sure you all will.. share a thought for the families of all the victims and for the victims and hurt themselves. A Horrific day for england!

Secondly a big appreciation to SimonT, Benn and Billy Cabrio, all offering to help pick me up if I got in to trouble getting out of the City.. there was no need in the end guys thank god, but it was really appreciated!

thirdly, a HUGE big up to ALL the emergency services! They did/are doing an absolute STERLING job! A few of us dropped tools at the office to go get drinks, food and supplies for the ones right next to us... after a chat, you could see they were exhausted but did not relent in the slightest.. as did the police force...

a horrific day for Britain.. BUT a proud one for the way we stood firm!!

Old 07-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As said m8, glad you made it and your safe

Thats what m8s are for, you can repay me by letting me take your cossie round bedford or something
Old 07-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Tell me about it, god bless the EMS for all hte work they did - and also to many of the general public for how they jumped in and volunteered to assist anyway they could.

I don't usually work in that area (more NE London and Essex) but I get back into the office to collect my next job, see it unfold on the TV, look at the address and it's right next door to Canary Wharf, just between East India Dock and Commercial St. Great me thinks.....

Went and did it anyway, just took AGES to get there and back - and this was only just after it happened! A11 all the way from Stratford, over the Bow interchange and going into East London was fooked, as was the A12 etc....

Sad sad day indeed Hearing on the news as I was coming home, that the death toll stands at 37 but is rising every hour, and the injuredtoll is currently 700 All praise to the hospital staff and the NHS doctors and nurses - we all cainthe NHS but thank god we have them!
Old 07-07-2005, 06:29 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

sums it up too me
Old 07-07-2005, 06:34 PM
whitneyd
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I got put on high alert. I might see you guys sooner than I thought.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

They've practiced for this day. And Im glad to say it seems to have gone well relatively. (Apart from a stupid pedestrian stepping in front of a Fire Engine and getting killed! )

And dont forget that little posse on PF.com That say that "All Coppers are Bastards" Sure they'll still think that after today!
Old 07-07-2005, 06:53 PM
NEO™ŽŠ
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by whitneyd
I got put on high alert. I might see you guys sooner than I thought.
what do you do then? for a living i mean
Old 07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Very well put Dave and glad you and all the other Pf users okay

Yes amazing how we maon about our emergency services but at times like this its amzaing how hard they work.Respect to them
Old 07-07-2005, 07:19 PM
NEO™ŽŠ
PassionFord Post Troll

also meant to add earlier that all emergency services and public who helped out did and still are doing a top job mass respect!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nuff Said Dave

Shit fucking day got evacuated at 9.45 choas everywhere Spent the morning in Dixons (thanks to dixons for not chucking anyone out ) watching the news on every channel till we felt it safe to go to the other office thanks to Jobbo for the lend of the brolly in times of need

Up most repect for the emergency services very well handled
Old 07-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

what a nightmare day, got a call of me sister whos i aint seen for months to say that she felt the escalator shake as she was leaving kingscross to get the bus to her work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, A fooking 91 too

but all my mates and family are fine thank fook

thoughts go out to the not so lucky ones , 91 passes my house too and im right next to finsbury park station

i just got back in as dancossie was stuck in wilesden and couldnt get hoime so i picked him up and dropped him off to east london

what a effect,,,,,,, i left for oxford and forgot the paperwork but if i was a person with a brain i would have been stuck there as i was dropping a car off and ment to get a train back
Old 07-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Beach
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

It must be very different for those who had experienced it for real as seeing it on the news it doesnt look or sound the same. My thoughts go out to those have been killed and those that are injured.

Top work from everybody involved and for standing united through hard times

Old 07-07-2005, 08:10 PM
The Gravedigger
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

A shit day caused by evil scum, but it didn't work for the IRA and it won't work for these modern-day arseholes either. Long live England.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:16 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fucking tragic events. Why do these wankers target innocent people going about there business We've just had 2 controlled explosions on Princes Street, although no one knows what the packages were. Well done Dave, good on ya
Old 07-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Default Re: Im back home - what a horrific day!

Originally Posted by DaveEscos

thirdly, a HUGE big up to ALL the emergency services! They did/are doing an absolute STERLING job! A few of us dropped tools at the office to go get drinks, food and supplies for the ones right next to us... after a chat, you could see they were exhausted but did not relent in the slightest.. as did the police force...

Old 07-07-2005, 10:54 PM
BillyCabrio
10K+ Poster!!

Location: Dartford, Kent - Home of the two way one way system.
Default Re: Im back home - what a horrific day!

Originally Posted by DaveEscos
Firstly id like to , as im sure you all will.. share a thought for the families of all the victims and for the victims and hurt themselves. A Horrific day for england!

Secondly a big appreciation to SimonT, Benn and Billy Cabrio, all offering to help pick me up if I got in to trouble getting out of the City.. there was no need in the end guys thank god, but it was really appreciated!

No probs Dave, didn't know whether to ring ya or not

Glad ya home safe and sound tho, now about that crane.........
Old 08-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

absolutely fantastic job all the emergency services have done today in the aftermath of todays events.

Today has been the first day where i was scared to goto work - all railstaff have been put on high allert and every little thing is getting reported by all traincrew from a simple trespasser to anything that looks in the slightest suspicious.

thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who lost their lives and those who were injured this morning in the astonishing attack on london
Old 08-07-2005, 01:02 AM
buffyturbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Its been a long old day.!!!!!!!!

Glad dave ya home ok . and yes a big to the emergency services for working there bums off all day
and a big well done to every one that helped.

a tragic day .

Fingers crossed there will be NO more..
it brings realaity home really ya never know whats gonna happen in life..
Old 08-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Words cant explain how I feel about this. I still havent heard anything from my m8 who was up there

RIP to those who lost their lives just going about their everyday business. What a sad loss of live
Old 08-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Well said Dave, excellently said mate!

Glad you got home safe and sound, shame a few others didn't! Best wishes to all their families and freinds.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:03 AM
B19-TRB
Professional Waffler

Dont think u could of put it any better Dave!

Feeling so many different emotions about yesterday! I cant imagine what it must of been like in London & let alont those ppl caught right in the middle of it!

I dont think I ever fully understood how the Americans felt about 9/11 untill yesterday morning!

Again a big well done to the Emergency Services & the Government who implimented the trainin schemes for those services!

It worked very well!

WWould be a lot better if they never neded to train for such events but Im sure loads more would of lost their lives had they not!

Old 08-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Feeling so many different emotions about yesterday! I cant imagine what it must of been like in London & let alont those ppl caught right in the middle of it!

I dont think I ever fully understood how the Americans felt about 9/11 untill yesterday morning!

Again a big well done to the Emergency Services & the Government who implimented the trainin schemes for those services!

It worked very well!

WWould be a lot better if they never neded to train for such events but Im sure loads more would of lost their lives had they not!
That wasn't put bad yourself Lewis mate!
Old 08-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bomb scare again this morning so I have been chelmsford to stratford then stratford to shefield then shefield back to liverpool street