General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PAY AS YA GO DRIVING !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 10:48 PM
~Vix~
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b19bal
but it sorts us lazy lot out with checking the MOT is up to date etc.
thats a good point unless ya tax ya car every 6 months

not everyoe can car share though...my mum and dad both drive around for their jobs, in completely different places
i think thats the point of the problem though !!!, how far are there places to and from work, people drive to work when they copuld take a bus or ride a bike as there lazy

if its 2 miles buy a bike, cars are not a needed form of transport, if the car breaks down do any of you call in sick till its repaired ????

the problem, is the country is over croweded, they need to control the over crowding first imo as thats not helping
I know what you're saying, and for people who work in fixed places that's fair enough, and they probably could share cars and use public transport more.

But it's not practical for everyone. I meant my mum and dad both have jobs which involve driving a lot all day every day, and it would be almost impossible for them to minimise their driving any more!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by The Knife
Putting the tax on fuel is a simple way to make those doing the most miles pay more
Isnt that a good thing

The more miles you do the more damage to the roads, the more gases into the atmosphere n all that.

Why should Uncle Albert who drives his Shitty Micra 2 miles a week pay the same road tax as G ere who does 50k+ miles a year in his Ethnic Avensis
Old 07-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It is a good thing, but it doesn't differentiate between the congestion caused by 1000 cars trying to get into a city centre at the same time.

Somebody doing 10,0000 miles a year on quiet roads at 2 in the morning is less of a problem than someone doing the same mileage in rush-hour traffic getting into or out of Edinburgh, London, Liverpool, etc. but Duty would be the same for both, apart from the marginal impact of poorer fuel consumtion when stuck in a jam.

I REALLY don't like the idea of the Government or anyone else knowing where I went, how long I stayed, or what speed I got there at, so tolls is the best compromise and can easily be varied according to the time of day.