General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Just got pulled over by 4 undercover feds:cry:

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 08:56 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Just got pulled over by 4 undercover feds:cry:

was late to work this morning got near feltham and decided i wanted to go pat the 3 cars in front of me at the lights so I went into the lane to turn right Lights went green and I cained it (fairly gently ) into the other lane and went straight over the junction. Got halfway down the road and I could hear a police siren didnt think nothing of it until they came up next to me - i thought they were going to go past so didnt bother to move as they can drive round - but to my amazement they were shouting at me to pull over

i was looking at em all confused and eventually pulled over there was 4 of em in a unmarked vauxhall people carrier 3 of em went round checking the car while the other one tried to pull my pants down

first thing they said was "Do you know why we pulled you over" I was like "no officer" and they then started to go on about me being in the wrong lane and then travelling off the lights at speed

the other 3 bacon sarnies continued to check my car- checked all the tyres (was shitting myself as one of em is bald on the inner edge ) checked my number plates (:cry) and told me I have to get em changed asap. Also said if i have been stopped for em before they will take my plates and i will not be able to drive the car like fook am i leaving it in chav central told em i havent and then they asked me if the plates were on the car when i got the MOT - i said Yes and thought they were gonna contact the garage and do em as the copper looked pissed - prob didnt get any last night but i didnt want to ask

I even blagged it to em that i had the proper plates at home in the garage and then halfway through the convo i was asking him where to buy the plates from - the dumbflock didnt realise i was taking the piss

then they made me open the bonnet and they checked the battery was held in place properly.

Then the copper I was talking to through all this points at my wheel (the one that is worn on the inner edge) and says "has your car been lowered?" Yes officer was the reply. He then points to the outer edge saying my arch has been scraping on it as he could see a mark round my tyre. I looked at it and said to the sausage roll that it has not been touching as when i had my 17s it did it then hence why i removed them. He then started to bang on about blowouts, etc and to change it soon, which i was gonna do.

Finally they made a note in their little black book and told me if they saw my car with these plates again they would nick me

On the whole I have to say COOONTS for pulling me over and fair play to letting me off with no fine and just a ticking off.

Altho i dont think they would have pulled me over or said anything about my number plates if i hadnt cut through the junction.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:01 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So let me guess this right.

You shot off the lights from the wrong lane in front of a copper, you've got a bald tyre and dodgy plates, and you're bitchin about getting pulled
Old 03-06-2005, 09:02 AM
joel_winders
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

sounded like knoob though
Old 03-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 03-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Come on tell the truth, what was you carrying, must have been something!

Glad you got off with a warning tho dude!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:09 AM
The Gravedigger
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Wankers.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by The Gravedigger
Wankers.
To the point to say the least!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:13 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

rich - yep that just about sums it up. on the plus side the tyre is not bald i was "advised" by the MOT station that it will need changing soon and since then has worn a little more since

i was 5 mins late for work and the coont made me 15 mins late oh well nothing like pulling into work 20 mins late and just seeing your boss stroll in aswell
Old 03-06-2005, 09:16 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

This is what anoys me about the mindless idiots on this site though.

The coppers pulled you for a blatantly illegal move at a set of traffic lights, which is exactly their job, and because of that, they're wankers?

Old 03-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Lou Lou.
10K+ Poster!!

ok so you made a mistake & got a slap on the wrist for it but lucky you didnt get more

i mean as you said he prob didnt get any last night so wot wud you of done if the rubber gloves had gone on pmsl

Old 03-06-2005, 09:30 AM
FLO

Originally Posted by RichardPON

You shot off the lights from the wrong lane in front of a copper, you've got a bald tyre and dodgy plates, and you're bitchin about getting pulled

so true!!! bet it was a buzz when you drove off with no fine though!!! ah, made me chuckle!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:32 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

rich this is only the second time i have been pulled over in the cossie and i have had it 3 years

the first time was 18 months into owenership and that was getting the back end out round a roundabout - they just gave a ticking off and that was it

there are SOME good coppers out there but I personally dont like em for various reasons which i dont want to go into.

personally i feel the coppers wouldnt have pulled me over if i wasnt in the wrong lane and they would have dismissed the dodgy spacing on my plate - as i said before i dont think he got any plast night
Old 03-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Andreas
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you had sat in the left lane and having someone pulling by on the right you would probably call him a ***** and wish the police pulled him.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

there are SOME good coppers out there but I personally dont like em for various reasons which i dont want to go into.
Well said mate, think we can all agree on that one!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:35 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by R4N S S
personally i feel the coppers wouldnt have pulled me over if i wasnt in the wrong lane
Probably not.

Hence, that's why if you obey the law when there's a copper sat behind you, chances are they wont pull ya
Old 03-06-2005, 09:39 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is what anoys me about the mindless idiots on this site though.

The coppers pulled you for a blatantly illegal move at a set of traffic lights, which is exactly their job, and because of that, they're wankers?

Exactly! If it was on the nwes that some idiot had done this and caused and accidient or possibly death I bet everyone whould be saying 'cor what a wanker shouldn't have done it some people have no sense' or whatever
Old 03-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Diablo

The same thing happened to me a few years ago whilst going to the office. 2 under cover knobs in a Focus decided to cut me up. I saw red, went around them and returned the favour, and slammed my brakes on as I approached some traffic lights.

I was feeling pretty good with myself until one guys from the focus got out, ran up to the car and flashed his badge We both pulled over and had a slanging match for a few minutes, but once we had both cooled down, he was OK about it all....At least we were even.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:44 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Diablo - probably helped if you were driving a nice car at the time
Old 03-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Well said mate, think we can all agree on that one!
TOTALLY agree on that, having spent 5hrs in court yesterday WANKERS the lot of them... yes Rich, Im a mindless whatever, but I can honestly say, I hate them

apart from Dickymint off of here
Old 03-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Diablo

I was in my wife's previous 3 Series. The cop was telling me how these were 'really powerful cars', and that I should take it easy. It was a 328i Sport, for God's sake
Old 03-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Diablo

Diablo - probably helped if you were driving a nice car at the time
Agreed. Whenever I have been stopped while driving something 'out of the ordinary' they have generally been quite OK.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:56 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I agree with Richard on this!

If you get pulled cos you've done something wrong, dont complain about it, take it on the chin.

i got stopped going down a dark road with a rear light out. got a 7 day wonder and a vehicle defect form to get it changed and checked by an MOT station and was on my way. they could've fined me but they didnt. I didnt complain about and wont complain about it.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:57 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

rich - they werent behind me - i think they were a few cars behind - i didnt see em nor did i know they were there and i dint usually use the wrong lane to cut through traffic but i was late this morning.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:58 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you naughty boy

Old 03-06-2005, 10:06 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Sassy is that your new motor? looks ace
Old 03-06-2005, 10:09 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Westy
TOTALLY agree on that, having spent 5hrs in court yesterday WANKERS the lot of them...
What were you in court for?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:13 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Sassy is that your new motor? looks ace
LOL, yeah its the new family ride
Old 03-06-2005, 10:18 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

that is wicked. When did you get it. You sold the saff yet and whats the spec?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:24 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

No we still have the saff and the tres door

Its a bit of a sore subject at the mo, cos we got the car on tuesday evening, and we broke down in it on the way home

but the spec is,,,,

T35 "Large Turbo" conversion
Clear front Indicators
Air conditioning
Alarm, Immobilizer & Tracker
18 OZ Super Turismo Allots & Koni suspension
Tyres, Front Dunlop SP9000 (6mm), Rear Bridgestone Potenza's (5mm)
Forge motorsport billet alloy front strut brace
Scorpion stainless steel exhaust
Morrette twin headlamp conversion
T35 hybrid roller bearing turbo
DTA Pro 8 engine management & DTA ignition loom
403 Grey injections & UP Rated fuel pump
Modified air box with cold air intake & K&N panel filter
Charge cooler & Pace Charge cooler upgrade & Samco boost hoses
Spec-R alloy header tank with sight glass & high pressure cap
Spec-R alloy swirl pot & Samco coolent hoses
Alcon 6 paddle clutch

Old 03-06-2005, 10:28 AM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

PMSL @ spec down to tyre tread depth you didnt copy and past that from somewhere did you

looks well nice just need a 2wd saph and you can do a cossie family tree pic

oh and Ran..............you crack whore set your alarm clock 5 mins early to avoid grief in future
Old 03-06-2005, 10:32 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

sassy - thats a good spec but pmsl at tyre tread depth what you trying to say

Oh and Andy i like my sleep, work can wait
Old 03-06-2005, 10:49 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 03-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Westy
TOTALLY agree on that, having spent 5hrs in court yesterday WANKERS the lot of them...
What were you in court for?
i shall just tell the whole world on here the reason shall I noo rich

Im innocent
Old 03-06-2005, 11:01 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

LMAO,, I copyed and pasted from the origional ad

I couldnt be arsed to type it all up, im female
Old 03-06-2005, 11:07 AM
CarismaDave
PassionFord Regular

Agree with RichPon I'm afraid.....if yuo do something classed as dangerous driving (which can be anything in their book!) then you've got to take it on the chin! At the end of the day you are bound to get stopped over anyone else for driving a quick car! A year or so ago I undertook an old gimmer as he was driving so slow he was almost going backwards. I then got to a roundabout ahead and saw what I thought were coppers in an unmarked Omega....two minutes later they stopped me for dangerous driving. I was polite, let them check all my details, have a look at the car, apologised but let them know that I get a bit overenthusiastic as I only drive it infrequently in the summer and they let me off.

If you take the p1ss and are stroppy you are just asking for trouble as they're much more likely to want to do all that extra paperwork just to make sure you get 6 points, more expesnive insurance and hack you off. Being polite never hurt anyone There are some really abusive coppers but most I have ever encountered are more than friendly if yuou treat them with a bit of civility

Dave
Old 03-06-2005, 11:24 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

I agree to a certain extent but the reason why i went into the other lane was to overtake a slow ass driver that was holding traffic up.

and i was very polite to the coppers and even apologised for being in the wrong lane.

i was just surprised they made me open the bonnet and started checking stuff - never had that done before so im a bit hacked off.

If they went and did some proper police work like stopping criminals, thieves murderers then they would get my respect but I have seen first hand how they deal with crime and can honestly say bollocks to the coppers. If it seems to be much paperwork for them they cant be fooked whereas if you are in the wrong lane at a junction they wanna throw the book at ya

(note: this probably relates to the majority of coppers whereas there are a minority who are actually ok)
Old 03-06-2005, 11:41 AM
CarismaDave
PassionFord Regular

Know what you mean mate but it just comes down to stereotyping...we're all Max Power chavs in their eyes! Sometimes it's true but not always! Just one of those things you have to accept and try and changetheir minds when they do stop you

Dave
Old 03-06-2005, 03:53 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

I(note: this probably relates to the majority of coppers whereas there are a minority who are actually ok)
You're probably wrong, as most coppers are plenty okay, but as Dave points out, here's the flipside.

Most people driving 3door Cossies are probably sound, with a minority of dicks, yet the police probably see it the other way round.

You've got absolutely no cause for complaint in my eyes - I can't stand it when people do that to me at the lights, so if I was the car in the correct part of the queue, I'd have been rejoicing that you got pulled!

Westy - so what you're saying is that you got done for a traffic offence, and since you don't want to accept responsibility, you'd rather blame someone else
Old 03-06-2005, 03:58 PM
CarismaDave
PassionFord Regular

eeeeeeeeeexactly Richard

On both sides....small minority of dicks spoil it for all of us!

We only base our opinions on the occasions that we meet people...for us it's when we get stopped by the Police and for them it's when they see arrogant 'boy racer' antics....stereotypes on both sides.

Still he accepts (RAN anyway) that he was wrong...hey we've all done it...how yuo handle yourself show's just how much of an adult you are that is all. Bitching just makes you look like a child and perpetuates the stereotype that the Police have against 'Boy Racers'!

Peace Out

Dave
Old 03-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

rich ya bitch

you are wrong

out of interest, do you have a brother or dad or sister or mum or gran or grandad or close friend in the tit on your head brigade??

Quick Reply: Just got pulled over by 4 undercover feds:cry: