General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Amazing what it takes to get through to people sometimes!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Amazing what it takes to get through to people sometimes!

I run a couple of small hobby websites and a few months ago i recieved a "disk over usage fee" invoice from my hosts.

I contacted them to say i hadnt uploaded anything recently and it must be a mistake, i didnt pay the bill

Next month i got another bill for the same thing, and also a duplicate of the first one.

I phoned them up said that i hadnt uploaded anything and why was i suddenly over the limit, they said that the server generates log files and that the size of these was putting me over the limit.
I said i didnt want log files, its just hobby websites, nothing commerical and please delete them and stop sending me the bills.
They deleted the log file.

This month i recive a bill for the two months again, and also one for the portion of this month up to the point where they deleted the log files AGAIN.

I emailed them explaining the situation, i hear nothing back.

I recieve an email today reminding me ive still got invoices outstanding.

So i emailed the customer care department and told them:
STOP SENDING ME THESE BILLS, I WOULD SOONER CHOP MY OWN ARM OFF WITH A RUSTY BREAD KNIFE OR SHUT DOWN EVERY WEBSITE I AM IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THAN PAY YOU ONE SINGLE PENNY TOWARDS THE OVER USAGE FEE THAT IS CAUSE BY YOUR LOGGING THAT I DIDNT WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE

Finally i then get back an email saying:
As a gesture of goodwill, we have cancelled the 3 invoices for disk
overusage........

FFS, thats very gracious of them isnt it
Old 01-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Adam_BlackRS
Ex Ford Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

common sence goes out the window when dealing with people sometimes
Old 01-06-2005, 10:45 AM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

GET IN!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:46 AM
B19-TRB
Professional Waffler

Old 01-06-2005, 10:53 AM
craig todd
Advanced PassionFord User

so getting angry does help my mother always says stay calm
it does'nt help getting angry.
she's wrong
Old 01-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Anonymous
Banned

It wasnt just anger though, it was mixed in with a clear case of utter dispare, and a almost maniac desire to selfharm, there were no swear words or anything else that would hint at mere anger, pure anger would have been threatening to cut one of their limbs off, not saying i would rather cut off my own.

They could tell from reading that they were dealin with a man who there would be no point them trying to reason with anymore.
And that they needed to look at my account and then either disconnect me, or if i was a profitable customer to them then they had to just give in and delete the invoices, i just left it at a point where there was no point in them trying to engage in further dialogue.

I didnt realise i was doign that at the time obviously, but looking back and analaysing it thats what basically happened!
Old 01-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Lou Lou.
10K+ Poster!!

well done at least they have finally sorted it lol
Old 01-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Chip, their system cannot possibly be at fault . Its far easier to send out a bill and wind up customers than to actually investigate the problem. I think they teach this on day one in all companies these days
Old 01-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Lol, paul i think you may be right mate!
Old 01-06-2005, 11:15 AM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Can you call my bank for me
Old 01-06-2005, 11:18 AM
JayKay
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Got one of these for my website today...Apparently I have unlimited space so why the feck is my 40Mb database taking up too much space?
Old 01-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive had a similer thing for 3 months on my old credit card, i went over limit, i never new and paied it straight away as soon as i found out, they charged me for it he following month and i went over limit again, i kicked off an said i paied it and its there fookng charge that mede me over limit again, they said sorry and refunded it, but they the issued another charge for going over limit as even though they refunded the charge they done in after the charge was generated and that made me over limit again

anyway i kicked off big time and claimed all my time ect for there error and it weas going over 3 months to sort this and im was not happy at all, they said sorry and refunded it and made a not to refund the 30 quid again after the 20th of the month,

for some reason though i ever got charged over limit and they still refunded a extra 30 quid anyway so i got a refund and they also refunded the first charge i got as a gesure of good faith

so i got 60 quid extra for confusing em

oh and as for interent i phoned up and complained abotja freebie i got argued like a fooker and kicked off as i got a months free but i was offered a camera and not happy as i was lied too, they didnt seem to care so i spoke to there customer services department who said they would send the camera, i said i wasnt happy and wanna speak to there supervisor and he listened and in 3 mins of talking to me ( cant blame him tbh, i would cut me short too ) he offered to give me another month free aswell

then they added a charge for the month and i complained and the divvy noticed the note on the file and refunded it straight away and the next month i got the 1 month free credit i was offerd

so i payed for my internet 3 months and got a free camera , shame the camera is a fooking 3 quid down the market job