General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mr Police man who got caught doing 160mph

Search this Thread

Old 18-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr Police man who got caught doing 160mph

See is got let off One rule for us and another for them
Old 18-05-2005, 04:06 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

cooper
Old 18-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gingeRS
cooper
COPPER

just heard on radio. smart!
Old 18-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

They are so full of shit it's untrue

Any normal member of the public with more driving talent in the tip of their little finger than half of the coppers do in their whole body would have had the book thrown at them. Such a load of bollocks
Old 18-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default Re: Cooper who got caught doing 160mph

Originally Posted by Rhys
See is got let off One rule for us and another for them
Testing the vehicles capabilities etc utter bollox! If you murder a scuffer you get punished more severely than if you murder a regular member of society so the law sees a plod as more valueable. If they are so special shouldn't they be punished more severely? Red hot poker up the trumper for example?

Cam
Old 18-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Any normal member of the public with more driving talent in the tip of their little finger than half of the coppers do in their whole body would have had the book thrown at them.
Oh FFS At least hes a qualified Police driver. 90% of the country THINK they could do it, but they CAN'T! Could you give a detailed running commentary whilst driving at speed, pursuing a car theif through a crowded high street?

As I said at the time, bollock him by all means, stop him from driving for a while. But Id rather have another copper on the streets than off it.
Old 18-05-2005, 04:17 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Originally Posted by gingeRS
cooper
COPPER

just heard on radio. smart!
now mr policeman
Old 18-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Simon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Rich_w
Any normal member of the public with more driving talent in the tip of their little finger than half of the coppers do in their whole body would have had the book thrown at them.
Oh FFS At least hes a qualified Police driver. 90% of the country THINK they could do it, but they CAN'T! Could you give a detailed running commentary whilst driving at speed, pursuing a car theif through a crowded high street?

As I said at the time, bollock him by all means, stop him from driving for a while. But Id rather have another copper on the streets than off it.
Well said
simon
Old 18-05-2005, 04:19 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Here's the link. I think it's a load of pish, no matter what excuse you use it's obvious why he got off with it.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/4559173.stm
Old 18-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

My post was not intended to offend. I live just up the road from a police HQ. Believe me the number of smashed to pieces police cars that are parked in there beggers belief I never said I could do it, in all fairness I don't feel comfortable at all past 130 and wouldn't attempt 160.

I've watched and followed police cars on many times and some of the driving is beyond piss poor. Although granted these do tend to be the Astra's and the like as opposed to the traffic cars.
Old 18-05-2005, 04:24 PM
FLO
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

What i want to know was what the f*ck was he driving?!?!

Even most new cars are limited to 155?

Hmm...think i may familiarise myself with my car on the way home tonight...and tomorrow and the next day.....different road conditions eh officer!?!?
Old 18-05-2005, 04:24 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

They are so full of shit it's untrue

Any normal member of the public with more driving talent in the tip of their little finger than half of the coppers do in their whole body would have had the book thrown at them. Such a load of bollocks
Roflol...Properly trained Police drivers are VERY GOOD drivers indeed
Old 18-05-2005, 04:28 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

I don't dispute that, but i undergo driving courses once every year with my job, which includes skid control, defensive driving, and advanced driving, i'd like to see a court take that into account.........
Old 18-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

My post was not intended to offend. I live just up the road from a police HQ. Believe me the number of smashed to pieces police cars that are parked in there beggers belief I never said I could do it, in all fairness I don't feel comfortable at all past 130 and wouldn't attempt 160.
You did by saying about "more talent in a little finger" And as for the smashed up cars. Well funnily enough crims will ram a police car if they think it will help. (Not all cases admittedly) Id also rather in a split second reaction they smash into something non-human say someone steps out in front of them
Old 18-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Can anybody point out where I said traffic coppers couldn't drive?

I didn't say that at all. Maybe I could have worded my comment better to avoid any confusion. My point being that had a GOOD normal member of the public been caught at that speed they would have found themselves in court and received a very long driving ban and possibly faced prison.
Old 18-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

they maybe good drivers, but there still wankers except Dickymint off here
Old 18-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

In reading your post Rich if my post offended then I apologise. I feel miffed at the double standards that continually crop up and maybe I should have though about my post a little better.

As said no offence was intended
Old 18-05-2005, 04:39 PM
plynchy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No surprise really. Stinks of double standards though,as usual.
Old 18-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Flo he was driving a V6 Vectra! so he must have been flat to the boards in it!

Personaly i think he should he should have lost his license etc. Its all a load of rubbish familierising him self with the car, If he want to do that he should have ask prior permision and let other police offical know. At the end of the day if he crashed into a member of your family and killing them, but he explains he was "testing" the car how would you feel. As said one rule for one and another for us!
Old 18-05-2005, 04:41 PM
ian.gordon
Part of the Furniture

Well the outcome seems to be that the speed is ok if your are not driving dangerously and if the road is deserted and driving conditions are good ????? Whilst i appreciate he may well be a very good driver no mention is made of anything that he done that an ordinary high powered car driver cant do. I assume he was doing this speed in a straight line so no brain required to do that So how many people have points due to flying down a deserted motorway early morning only to be pulled by the hiding police car and nothing else in sighyt ?
Old 18-05-2005, 04:46 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Fookin typical, even the law says the police may do no more than speed limit in normal conditions and only in emergency conditions at the most double the speed limit.

Even on the motorway thats 20mph over the limit
Old 18-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

I reckon its just sour grapes. Would you lot be so quick to shout "lock him up" "take his licence from him"

If he were an ambulance driver? Just driving a company car at full whack? Of course Fucking not

You lot just hate the police for no decent reason. You're just brainless Chavs the majority of you
Old 18-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Had the officer in question been on a shout I think the vast majority of people wouldn't raise an eyebrow over it. Just trying the cars capabilities and just wringing the cars neck for the hell of it (so it seems) stinks of injustice.

The brainless chav comment I happen to find quite offensive so we'll call that one all

Incidentally I don't hate the police at all. Most of the officers I meet are pretty sound and I've always said that. People are not happy with yet another case of diar double standards
Old 18-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Beach
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah i think its crap that, 159 in a vectra, he must have been flat out for ages!!

Double standards yet again its so unfair
Old 18-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

I reckon its just sour grapes. Would you lot be so quick to shout "lock him up" "take his licence from him"

If he were an ambulance driver? Just driving a company car at full whack? Of course Fucking not

You lot just hate the police for no decent reason. You're just brainless Chavs the majority of you
WTF u been smoking Rich? Of course if it was an Ambulance driver or the pope or fookin anyone for that matter if they or not on call etc and caught breaking the law they should do the time just like any of us! Why should the rules to them be any different?
Old 18-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Are you a plod?
Old 18-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Beach
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Im no chav pal, i woudnt want to do half the stuff some police have to do but the point is, he wasnt on call, he was speeding and it is breaking the law.

Surely if he wanted to hone his skills he should go to brunters or somthing like that, its just them using there power to make the law suite them
Old 18-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Alvyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

think"THEY" the police should practice what THEY preach

NO CHAV HERE PAL IT'S PLAIN TO SEE 1 RULE FOR US AND 1 FOR THEM
Old 18-05-2005, 05:09 PM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The law can be such a pile of old bollocks at times.

Fair enough doing that speed if it was needed but it wasnt.

He should be banned like any other person
Old 18-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Simon

Well said
simon

For once I totally agree with Rich...

And Westy.. you're being a cock.. what kind of statement is that to make??

"they're still wankers" (i assume that was how you meant to spell "there"!)

some cops are total cunts.. no doubt, but i don't think generalising like that is at all fair!
Old 18-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

So you lot would be happy to take an ambulance driver or a fireman away from his job, make him unemployed, put him in financial strife just because he was caught speeding on a fairly empty piece of motorway?

Still be happy that the PUBLIC SERVICE officer wasnt there to help you or your family in a moment of need?

My while point is that a) He wasnt endangering anybody and more importantly b) We need him to do his job! A job that more than 1 other person relies on him to do!

He didnt injury anybody did he?

Oh and I cant believe ANY of you believe the world is FAIR. Good thing too if you ask me.
Old 18-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Ratty
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

He shouldn't be banned and neither should anyone else for doing that speed imho
Old 18-05-2005, 05:17 PM
ian.gordon
Part of the Furniture

I also recall an ambulance driver who was delivery a heart for an urgent transplant in another county, and he got pulled for speeding ,just over a hundred , now that speed was justified not like this twit who was out playing , and it seems he does it quite often and no consequences I dont hate the police and certainly am not a chav ? as you put . Do i assume your a police man ? You pull oranoco about a so called offensive comment and then call the majority of us brainless chavs ??? double standards.... you must be a police man
Old 18-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

in all honesty, that's certainly not a justification IMO.
Old 18-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

So you lot would be happy to take an ambulance driver or a fireman away from his job, make him unemployed, put him in financial strife just because he was caught speeding on a fairly empty piece of motorway?

Still be happy that the PUBLIC SERVICE officer wasnt there to help you or your family in a moment of need?
Yes, as said before to the crime to the time. As said aswell if he crashed and killed someone whould that then be just as ok? Job doesnt me anything, if a Parimedic used the NHS drugs to feed his Heron addiction that is ok, dont stop him from working as hes doing a good job?

My while point is that a) He wasnt endangering anybody and more importantly b) We need him to do his job! A job that more than 1 other person relies on him to do!

OK he wasnt endangering anyone so can i do 160mph at 4am on a deserted motorway as i would love to?

Oh and I cant believe ANY of you believe the world is FAIR. Good thing too if you ask me.
Of course the world isnt fair, but to be such in the face of a rule that had no need for imo i disgusting, if we lived in a communist country where certain govt officals can get away with anything so be it. But we dont and the same laws apply to everyone.
Old 18-05-2005, 05:20 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

SMy while point is that a) He wasnt endangering anybody and more importantly b) We need him to do his job! A job that more than 1 other person relies on him to do!
a) If thats true why can't we do the same on a motorway at 3 in the morning when no one is about? After all we are not endangering anybody WONG your endangering yourself, and thats what speed limits are there for, to protect others AND yourself.

b) Someone else will always do the job.
Old 18-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Oh and FFS.

As soon as someone defends the Police they just MUST be one. Check my sodding Profile.
Old 18-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

I will defend the police when they do something worth defending. Saddly these incidents seem to be thin on the ground.
Old 18-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ian.gordon
I also recall an ambulance driver who was delivery a heart for an urgent transplant in another county, and he got pulled for speeding ,just over a hundred , now that speed was justified not like this twit who was out playing ,
very true.. but what happened to that case?

Quick Reply: Mr Police man who got caught doing 160mph