General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Spiders... anyone know much about em?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to have one of these when I was younger... was about 4" in diameter.

Pink toed tarantula, bird eating tree spider ... was lovely... fed it crickets n stuff, it died

Something I found while looking for a pic...............

Please note that ALL tarantulas have a certain amount of venom. Although most people are not affected by this species, some people may be allergic to the venom, or just more sensitive, making it a dangerous situation. This is one of the reasons that people should not handle this tarantula. Also, New World species of tarantulas like this one can rub urticating hairs off of their abdomens, which can also cause a reaction, depending on the person. Affects of this tarantulas' natural defenses may vary between people. All tarantulas should be considered dangerous, so be careful, because you don't want to find out if you are allergic or more sensitive the HARD WAY!
Old 03-05-2005, 04:34 PM
FE'Z'OE
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I got a little machine that sucks em up and spits them out and dosnt kill them but most of the time theyre too big to go up the pipe.......little raisens once they come out oh had one at work the other day and so did the usual put a glass over it and grabbed one of the accountants filled envelope(makes it bit stiffer so spider not creep out) it was one of those big house spiders with bid wooden legs that clonk on the floor when he walked boom boom boom ! anyway i tried shaking him off out the window and he started running back up the envelope and shit myself and threw the envelope on to the roof tops, problem was this is 3 stories up and no acess to the roofs and the envelope i chucked out the window had a cheque and important letter jeeeesus so has to selotape rulers together and sticjk selotapeon the end to pick up the envelope and nearly killing meself hanging out the window all for a bloody spider but i could hear him running off into the sunset...spider man
Old 03-05-2005, 05:07 PM
~Vix~
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Freddy_mercury_magic
i love spiders

SO DONT KILL THEM

Please
you weirdo

I bloody hate spiders, I just scream and smack them with my shoe
Old 03-05-2005, 05:07 PM
AKJ-Dan
Regular Contributor

Damo V That is fookin disgusting, get it off
Old 03-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

i dont normally kill em but that un looked like i might have me hand off so it got it
Old 03-05-2005, 09:17 PM
~Vix~
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by FE'Z'OE
I got a little machine that sucks em up and spits them out and dosnt kill them but most of the time theyre too big to go up the pipe.......little raisens once they come out oh had one at work the other day and so did the usual put a glass over it and grabbed one of the accountants filled envelope(makes it bit stiffer so spider not creep out) it was one of those big house spiders with bid wooden legs that clonk on the floor when he walked boom boom boom ! anyway i tried shaking him off out the window and he started running back up the envelope and shit myself and threw the envelope on to the roof tops, problem was this is 3 stories up and no acess to the roofs and the envelope i chucked out the window had a cheque and important letter jeeeesus so has to selotape rulers together and sticjk selotapeon the end to pick up the envelope and nearly killing meself hanging out the window all for a bloody spider but i could hear him running off into the sunset...spider man
that's sounds like the sort of thing I'd do!
Old 04-05-2005, 07:14 AM
B19-TRB
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Damo V
bird eating tree spider
Originally Posted by Damo V
fed it crickets n stuff, it died
Thats cause it wanted a fookin bird not a pissin lil cricket!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Linsay
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kid you not, a bird eating spider escaped from a neighbours a few years ago - in summer. Apparently, it could survive in our summer temps

....It's never been found!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Linsay
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B19-TRB

I'll come round & check under your bed for ya!
I don't think they usually live under the bed They run across the ceiling and fall off...eeek!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:30 AM
B19-TRB
Professional Waffler

I don't think they usually live under the bed
Better to b safe than sorry!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:36 AM
WutangRS

Originally Posted by grey RS
I kid you not, a bird eating spider escaped from a neighbours a few years ago - in summer. Apparently, it could survive in our summer temps

lets hope fudgearse never finds it,......... squish
Old 04-05-2005, 08:42 AM
MrsFrog
PassionFord Post Troll

PMSL
Can't stand the things....... Lived by a canal in Reading for a couple of years. Came back from France once with both my ankles in plaster... managed to crawl upstairs to my bedroom and there was that huge black spider that came out from nowhere. Jumped on the bed and stayed there for hours until I saw it again go into the cheminey. Didn't sleep for days...
Old 04-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by WutangRS
Originally Posted by grey RS

lets hope fudgearse never finds it,......... squish
squish my arse, if i saw one of them feckers id be lighting up the blowlamp
Old 04-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

ok, i dont have a blowlamp, but i might buy one now just incase
Old 06-05-2005, 09:55 AM
FE'Z'OE

so many times i have been fast asleep and obviously been dreaming about a spider crawling into my bed and i wake so sudden and jump out of bed and then have to pull of all my covers to check for this big spider that dosnt even exsist???? mad woman alert!!! about 5 times iv done that in my life. oh and i squashed a baby one smalning by accident was in my cd case sorry ............
Old 06-05-2005, 10:34 AM
RSeb
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

you should have seen the fookers in the gulf a few years back, called camel spiders they get you when you sleep anesthetise you then eat your skin/flesh, my boss was trying to catch one one day, then the little fooker stopped and turned round and chased him across the dessert!! so we put in a shoebox wiv a scorpion to fight it out ..... the spider won
Old 06-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could be worse I guess.......

You couldnt stand on that fecker or even torch it with a Blowlamp.

Not so long back we had a Spider in our Utility Room, it was a Red thing, looked evil, so I BBQ'd it. As it roasted, it actually 'screamed'. Weird.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:58 AM
RSeb
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

thems is camel spiders, nasty little buggas and fast as fook! as for the screaming i think its something to do with escaping air or summink i heard some weird explanation for it once
Old 06-05-2005, 03:25 PM
FE'Z'OE

i was chatin to my work collegue bout spiders and she said her dad who isnt scared of spiders used to pick the big house spiders up in his hand to put them out, until one bit him he hasnt touched one since oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooscaryoooooo OOOOOOOOOO
Old 07-05-2005, 06:09 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i use a dyson myself HATE THE FOOKERS WHEN YOU CAN CATCH THEM FAST AS FOOK on greens