General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Electronics help.. very tricky

Old 10-04-2019, 05:38 PM
mortzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronics help.. very tricky

Hello all ive been trying to find out why I have a fault with with my ESP/ASR its a Citroen c5x7 2.2 HDI PSA engine , its driving me nutzz, so one of the fault codes C139B from the ESP81 , the ESP81 is the Gyrometer Sensor that sits under the passenger seat and its job is to look after things like steering wheel sensors and Yaw sensors among other things, now ive got Lexia scanner so for people that don't know its the software that Citroen Main dealers use and is supposedly the only scanner that can read Citroen fault codes correctly as it was specifically made just for Citroen/Peugeot… it has drop down menus of things it could be so the main one is ..

No communication with gyroscope accelerometer... and the drop down menu says , short circuit to positive or short circuit to earth or open circuit.. so the first thing I did was get a second hand one and just about the same so just to be sure that one wasn't working I got another second hand one and same thing so surely out of 3 one would of worked, so my question is how do I check ..short circuit to positive or short circuit to earth or open circuit? the reason I say this is very tricky is that when there is an issue on the ESP.ASR circuit the system deactivates a lot of other stuff and gives a lot of false codes?? I have an electronic brake and it deactivates the hill assist and you have to put it on manually when you park up ,, my only other thing was to take the 1.5hr trip to MSD and let stu take a look

thanks Andy
Old 10-04-2019, 05:48 PM
mortzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the ESP81 only has 4 wires coming out of it