General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What's everyone got for crimbo then ..lol

Search this Thread

Old 26-12-2018, 04:05 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

A fuel filter for the family car. Awesome present lol
Old 26-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn_
I got some cash.

shit loads of t shirts.
a few hoodies.
A fuel filter and pipercross air filter for my mondeo lol.
For me now I get way more enjoyment watching my little boy open his prezzys.
Thats what Christmas is all about Glenn see your own kids full of excitement opening up presents
Old 26-12-2018, 04:46 PM
dan le moignan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
I like getting socks, the wife gets the ones i love and just in time as my others are falling apart....I am really fussy about the socks I wear.
ha me too! As soon as they show any wear they have to go in the bin, can’t mix old socks with newer ones of the same type as slightly different thickness drives me nuts.
My ones last about a year so now have a nice new batch of black Wilson socks for x mas.
Old 26-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Shaun's
PassionFord Regular

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay,
Thats what Christmas is all about Glenn see your own kids full of excitement opening up presents
thinking their parents are tight arses cos everything’s off Santa.......
The following users liked this post:
Jay, (26-12-2018)
Old 26-12-2018, 05:15 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

How old are you kids matey.

3,5 and 10, big gap between the first 2 as we lost 3 in-between, I'm hoping to have another soon
Old 26-12-2018, 06:12 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

We gave up buying each other presents couple of years back and spend the money on daughter now so she can have more, had a great time and she was made up with all her presents bless her. We just do Christmas kids only presents now with friends and family as gets so expensive.
Old 26-12-2018, 06:58 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

The daughter got everything... 😂
Me and the wife have booked to see Bon Jovi next year @ Anfield
We decided late November to have a new boiler fitted, and had it moved out of one of the bedrooms and moved into the utility downstairs...
The following 2 users liked this post by slammedorion:
Glenn_ (27-12-2018), Rsmat (27-12-2018)
Old 27-12-2018, 05:03 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Received 150 Likes on 145 Posts

the usual really

smellies, clothes, socks/pants, money, shoes, alcohol.

also booked me and the wife a little mini break up the lakes for the new year at a nice 5 star hotel/spar etc

honestly the best gift i can get is watching my 3 year old son opening his presents and then getting to join in playing with his stuff (especially his drum kit haha)
The following 2 users liked this post by bluntys1rsturbo:
Glenn_ (27-12-2018), Rsmat (27-12-2018)
Old 27-12-2018, 08:13 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaun's

thinking their parents are tight arses cos everything’s off Santa.......

ha ha ha ha. And wondering how they get past the electric fire..
Old 27-12-2018, 08:13 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Originally Posted by Jay,

Yeh defo matey.
Old 27-12-2018, 08:14 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Originally Posted by scoooby slayer
3,5 and 10, big gap between the first 2 as we lost 3 in-between, I'm hoping to have another soon
So sorry to hear that. It must be a horrible thing to cope with.
Old 27-12-2018, 08:16 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Originally Posted by gcfcos
We gave up buying each other presents couple of years back and spend the money on daughter now so she can have more, had a great time and she was made up with all her presents bless her. We just do Christmas kids only presents now with friends and family as gets so expensive.
Both me and the Mrs know what we are getting each other for Xmas Its just easier that way imo.
Old 27-12-2018, 09:25 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

I tried buying a drum kit as previously got all other instruments for her but the Missus wouldn't have it lol
Old 27-12-2018, 02:55 PM
boost monster
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 134 Likes on 121 Posts

I got my RS 4 Spoke steering wheel refurbished, a proper undercover operation by my wife and son. I well pleased with it.
Old 27-12-2018, 03:21 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
ive not used these things before, how good is the tech on these? is it gaming or general video/movie playing?
It is bloody good, it comes with a game called vr worlds where you can go and get attacked by a shark that rips your cage to bits, there's a gangster game and a few others. Gran turismo works with vr and it is very very good, it has turned a fairly boring driving game into a proper experience. You are sat in the car and can move around to put your head in the passenger foot well if you like lol. Drifting is awesome with it!!

There are also a fair few 360 vr videos about, YouTube has quite a lot where you can walk around in the video. Fair enough you can't go far but I'm sure as it gets more popular it will only improve.

Last edited by RichieST; 27-12-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Glenn_ (27-12-2018)
Old 27-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Originally Posted by boost monster
I got my RS 4 Spoke steering wheel refurbished, a proper undercover operation by my wife and son. I well pleased with it.
That was nice of them.
Old 27-12-2018, 11:56 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

I bought as a present to myself a Civic Type R to replace a total bag of shit Volvo S60 auto I bought due to breaking my left ankle a few months ago. Changing gear is still a very painful exercise but I can live with that if it means I don't have to clap eyes on that Swedish bastard ever again!

I was just going to get just a normal, cheap little Focus to run about in but this year has been the worst year of my life so far so I wanted something nice to cheer meself up a bit! Onwards and upwards!

Also got some socks, shitloads of sweets, a DVD, a calendar, some aftershave and best of all I got to spend some time with my little girl!

Last edited by Gazzonator; 28-12-2018 at 12:01 AM.
Old 28-12-2018, 06:31 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Originally Posted by Gazzonator
I bought as a present to myself a Civic Type R to replace a total bag of shit Volvo S60 auto I bought due to breaking my left ankle a few months ago. Changing gear is still a very painful exercise but I can live with that if it means I don't have to clap eyes on that Swedish bastard ever again!

I was just going to get just a normal, cheap little Focus to run about in but this year has been the worst year of my life so far so I wanted something nice to cheer meself up a bit! Onwards and upwards!

Also got some socks, shitloads of sweets, a DVD, a calendar, some aftershave and best of all I got to spend some time with my little girl!
good on ya fella cant fault you one bit, i also made a right mess of my ankle back in summer 2016 and still suffer with it now and will do for rest of my life tbh, but im not letting it hold me back, got 2 cracking motors to enjoy.

what year is the type r?
Old 28-12-2018, 07:04 AM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Originally Posted by bluntys1rsturbo
good on ya fella cant fault you one bit, i also made a right mess of my ankle back in summer 2016 and still suffer with it now and will do for rest of my life tbh, but im not letting it hold me back, got 2 cracking motors to enjoy.

what year is the type r?
Exactly mate, shouldn't have to give up on what you enjoy because of an injury, it's what we enjoy!

Pain is your friend, lets you know you're alive apparently!!

Thats the thing, once you do damage to things, they're never right again! The hospital I went to told me I'd sprained my ankle badly and let me hobble out of the hospital. Me being me didn't rest it as 'it's just a sprain' and I've had loads of those before so carried on working. Months later and still suffering, saw doc and sent to hospital, turns out I'd broken it!! Now it's healed to a point but not correctly so I'm in a lot of pain with it and I don't know what the next step will be

Still I'm in a FAR better position than a hell of a lot people so I'm in no position to moan really.

It's a 58 plate FN2 mate. Everyone told me to go for an EP3 but I prefer the look of the FN2. People say it's not so much of a drivers car but I think it handles well and goes ok for what it is, it's quite fun actually!

It's not the tidiest example I could find but I didn't want a mint one, I wanted one to get my teeth into and tinker with as I no longer have my Cossie so I was getting bored!

You still got your 5 turbo? Not really been active on here for a good while now so I don't know what's what these days! Lol!

Old 28-12-2018, 07:19 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Exactly mate, shouldn't have to give up on what you enjoy because of an injury, it's what we enjoy!

Pain is your friend, lets you know you're alive apparently!!

Thats the thing, once you do damage to things, they're never right again! The hospital I went to told me I'd sprained my ankle badly and let me hobble out of the hospital. Me being me didn't rest it as 'it's just a sprain' and I've had loads of those before so carried on working. Months later and still suffering, saw doc and sent to hospital, turns out I'd broken it!! Now it's healed to a point but not correctly so I'm in a lot of pain with it and I don't know what the next step will be

Still I'm in a FAR better position than a hell of a lot people so I'm in no position to moan really.

It's a 58 plate FN2 mate. Everyone told me to go for an EP3 but I prefer the look of the FN2. People say it's not so much of a drivers car but I think it handles well and goes ok for what it is, it's quite fun actually!

It's not the tidiest example I could find but I didn't want a mint one, I wanted one to get my teeth into and tinker with as I no longer have my Cossie so I was getting bored!

You still got your 5 turbo? Not really been active on here for a good while now so I don't know what's what these days! Lol!

dead right mate gotta just crack on with it.

and agree on the pain thing iv currently got what i think is a pinched nerve in my neck and its not half giving me some grief

also 100% on when something is damaged it never really goes back to how it was before my ankle drives me insane daily.

iv never had chance drive one of the fn2 type r's but i did have a go of a couple of ep3's one was standard one had quite a bit of work done and i fount them both to be really good cars tbh.
what are your plans for the type r?

No mate not got the 5gtt anymore sold it in 2014 as we were getting married/setting up a new home and having my son, but now its all done and in place so iv got my fiesta rs turbo and an st180 as a daily.
Old 28-12-2018, 07:34 AM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

spent a few days in hospital over christmas, best present for me was my 2yr old grandson visiting as he ran amuck driving nurses batty
Old 28-12-2018, 07:53 AM
Shaun's
PassionFord Regular

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by A9TUE
spent a few days in hospital over christmas, best present for me was my 2yr old grandson visiting as he ran amuck driving nurses batty
cant beat being ill over Xmas......I’ve got sciatica at present.....
Old 28-12-2018, 03:06 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieST
A fuel filter for the family car. Awesome present lol
excellent...did you get your wife some new hoover bags for the family vacuum ?
Old 28-12-2018, 04:39 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

I thought Volvos were a decent car. Sorry to here about your shit year matey. I hope your daughter is doing ok.
Old 28-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Originally Posted by A9TUE
I hope your feeling better now matey.
STeve (28-12-2018)
Old 29-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Originally Posted by bluntys1rsturbo
dead right mate gotta just crack on with it.

and agree on the pain thing iv currently got what i think is a pinched nerve in my neck and its not half giving me some grief

also 100% on when something is damaged it never really goes back to how it was before my ankle drives me insane daily.

iv never had chance drive one of the fn2 type r's but i did have a go of a couple of ep3's one was standard one had quite a bit of work done and i fount them both to be really good cars tbh.
what are your plans for the type r?

No mate not got the 5gtt anymore sold it in 2014 as we were getting married/setting up a new home and having my son, but now its all done and in place so iv got my fiesta rs turbo and an st180 as a daily.
Ive found my ankle and my left knee (broke that too a few years ago) are really painful in the cold weather and when I get up in the mornings my ankle is in agony Never mind, could be a whole load worse

Not going to do much mod wise to the Civic (I say that now! ), just going to sort out the bits that need doing and tidy it right up

I miss my old fez turbo, great little car that I should never have sold! Is your one standard or you done a few bits to it?

I do like the ST180's one of my friends has got one, she hasn't let me drive it properly yet though, I think she's scared I'll break it!

Old 29-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

I thought Volvos were a decent car. Sorry to here about your shit year matey. I hope your daughter is doing ok.
Hello Glenny Boy! Hows things mate?

They might be decent but my one skipped the quality control department I think! I've owned some unreliable cars in my time but this one took the biscuit! Most unreliable car I've ever owned! Everytime I went out in it I wondered what would break next! I only bought one of those because loads of people said they were bulletproof!! It was so small inside too! Even my little one was cramped in it and you couldn't fit bugger all in the boot of any fair size! Useless!

Its all getting a little bit better now thanks mate, start of a new year very soon so onwards and upwards!

Shes doing very well mate thanks, crazy little monkey she is! How's your little man? Did you have a good Christmas?
Old 29-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Yeh Gaz I'm fine. My little boy is 2 n 8 months old now. Was your volvo a diesel? I thought you had a mk1 focus rs? You sold the cossie as well didn't you??

My family had a good Xmas. I've needed the break from work cause it's been getting to me a bit these last few months.
Old 30-12-2018, 05:12 AM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

Ive found my ankle and my left knee (broke that too a few years ago) are really painful in the cold weather and when I get up in the mornings my ankle is in agony Never mind, could be a whole load worse

Not going to do much mod wise to the Civic (I say that now! ), just going to sort out the bits that need doing and tidy it right up

I miss my old fez turbo, great little car that I should never have sold! Is your one standard or you done a few bits to it?

I do like the ST180's one of my friends has got one, she hasn't let me drive it properly yet though, I think she's scared I'll break it!

yes defo the cold weather makes it worse and also me being a manual worker never really seems to give it any sort of rest.

sounds like a plan with the civic mate

im starting to build a bond with my rs turbo but its been a slow burner due to having do so much to get it where it is, 2019 should see me putting alot of miles on her.

link to my rs turbo thread which will explain it much better haha
https://passionford.com/forum/restor...ess-build.html

The st180's are fantastic cars made even better with a few tweeks i love driving ours on the odd occasion i get the chance

link to st180 thread
https://passionford.com/forum/restor...-st-180-a.html